The Academy, A Merrill Gardens Community

1216 N Superior Street, Spokane, WA, 99202

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of The Academy, A Merrill Gardens Community

April 20, 2015

The Academy was too dreary, and the part that I saw wasn’t impressive at all. I lost my husband, so I need a little bit of cheering up there. I’m just thinking that the whole thing -- in general -- needs to be updated or renovated; it’s just too old looking. It’s completely filled with people that are disabled, and it is too much like a sanitarium. There is just not enough independence for me.

Thank you for taking the time to write us this review. We are disappointed to hear about your experience. Please contact us directly if you are willing to share additional feedback.

October 26, 2014

By Chris100858050

I did check into The Academy. It seemed alright. I thought the rooms were a little on the smaller side. The staff was nice and friendly as well. They had trips and little bunco games and stuff like that where they’d get together in the evenings. I got stopped because they didn’t have any Medicaid apartments available.

October 13, 2012

By Bill7

On first glance, this building looked like any other. Once you enter through its doors you get overtaken by a warm happy feeling. The staff here is wonderful, such nice people! Another plus is the location is very close to Sacred Heart Hospital. Anytime dining is a great feature in my opinion!It's an all around great place to settle down at!

Photos of The Academy, A Merrill Gardens Community

• Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Staff Patient Ratio: 1 To 7

• Licenses: Boarding Home

About The Academy, A Merrill Gardens Community

The Academy is located next to Mission Park on the bank of the Spokane River in Spokane, Washington. Our apartment-style independent living community offers all of the amenities of a home without the work. Imagine a life without household chores, yard work or home maintenance. Invite guests to a meal, special event or social outing.

Location of The Academy

- Close to medical services, shopping and restaurants - Paved walking paths and garden areas - Landscaped grounds

Services offered at The Academy

- Independent living and assisted living - 24-hour staff - Anytime Dining served restaurant style - Weekly housekeeping and linen service - Full activity program - On-site maintenance

- Studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments with kitchenettes - Comfortable lounge areas and activity room - Private dining room available for special events - Salon and barbershop - Resident and guest parking - Guest suites available for visitors - Small pets welcome - Resident call system in every apartment

Essentials

- Month-to-month rental, no buy-in required - All utilities included, except telephone and cable - Centrally located laundry rooms - Total apartments: 97

Map of The Academy, A Merrill Gardens Community