Brookdale South Hill

Overview of Ratings

3.6

June 17, 2015

By don&dottie

My husband and I moved to Emeritus because the facility was misrepresented, but lived there for 9 months so we could locate a facility that actually offered what they said, Food at Emeritus was poor, at best, and service in the dining room was extremely poor, i.e. putting their hands all over glasses and cups and hair dangling over our food. Transportation was supposed to be provided for doctor appointments, but often was not, forcing residents to take a taxi at great expense or cancel appointments. In the 9 months we were there, there was a turnover 4 times of nurses. Care was good as far as it went, but other than rudimentary care required a trip by ambulance to the hospital. I would NOT recommend this facility to anyone.

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us at Brookdale South Hill did not meet your expectations, and we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Our transportation is provided on a scheduled day each week, and we are able to arrange transportation, if a bus is available, on non-scheduled days. We are also pleased to announce that we have a new Dining Service Director, and we are fully confident in his abilities to provide high quality meals and service for our residents. We are committed to continuous quality care and service and will share your feedback with our management team.

March 31, 2015

I moved in Emeritus at South Hill around 2013. We have a nursing system that we push a button, and they come to help you and want to know what you want. The friendliness of that building is very nice. I enjoyed my stay there. As far as activities, it was good because we got to go out and go shopping, and they provided a van for us. They serve food to the residents, but it is crappy. I like to have meals hotter than what they serve. They should separate the food supply for diabetics and non-diabetics too.

We are glad to hear you have enjoyed your time at the community, but are sorry to hear we have not met your dining expectations. We would welcome an opportunity to discuss it with you personally, and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296.

November 14, 2014

By Sharon91782250

Emeritus at South Hill was like for rich people; I didn’t like it at all. It was too formal and too uppity. It was quite fancy. The staff was very nice, answered all the questions, and gave me a nice tour. The rooms were very nice; it was about as large as where she lives now.

Thank you for taking the time to visit and share your thoughts about our community. Your feedback is always considered and appreciated!

July 30, 2014

My father is going to Emeritus. What I like best about it is that it wasn't rundown and it did price fine. The staff seemed to be caring and attentive. Regarding the room, it has a bathroom, a bedroom, a kitchenette with a microwave and a half refrigerator and a sink.

June 26, 2014

By Lee12

I think that if I was really looking seriously, and I might be one day soon, for an assisted living, I would definitely recommend Emeritus at South Hill. We had lunch there, and it was wonderful. The apartments were very nice. Some of the residents were more than willing to show us their apartments. It was a very pleasant experience. There was nothing that I didn't like. It is set back off of the street, so you are not going to hear all the street noises. It was just about perfect. And the staff, everyone from the people outside planting flowers to the help in the lunch room (we had a lovely lunch) and the girl who took us around, was just super.

November 01, 2011

By rmcomp64

I will be moving my mother into this facility this week after an exhausting search of other facilities in Spokane. I feel very confident that Parkway Village is the best fit for her. The staff I have interacted with seem very genuine and caring. I have spoken with several healthcare providers that have had clients in the facility and all have spoken highly of it. The level of care available for the cost can simply not be beat in our area. I would give Parkway 5 stars if it weren't for some shortcomings in regards to the physical plant itself. I hope I can maintain the 4 star rating or increase to a 5 star rating in the coming months as I my mother experiences life at Parkway.

Let Us Search For You

Photos of Brookdale South Hill

Features of Brookdale South Hill

About Brookdale South Hill

Amenities and Services
    • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
    • Medication management
    • Dining assistance and special diets
    • Assistance with reminders and redirection
    • Escorts and assistance with walking
    • Emergency response call system
    • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale South Hill