Windsor House Assisted Living and Memory Care

850 John B. White, Sr. Boulevard, Spartanburg, SC, 29306

Reviews of Windsor House Assisted Living and Memory Care

Emma15 March 27, 2016

At Windsor House, the people are very friendly and very attentive. It is a clean facility with a very homey atmosphere. The residents have a lot of freedom. My mother is in a double-occupancy room, but they do have single rooms available. They cost more, of course. The bathrooms are of a very good size, but the rooms themselves could use a little more room in them. The windows are nice. It's a smaller facility, but outside, they have nice gardens and places for them to walk, so that’s pretty cool. I ate with them one day, and food is not premium, but it is OK and nutritional. The activities are OK, but not super impressive. They play bingo and tossing games, and have some more activities. My mother is on a nebulizer, and they take care of that without an extra cost.

Anonymous110737450 October 28, 2015

I got my relative in a memory-care unit in Spartanburg called Windsor House. The activities are super. They have a bus, and they always have something going, both in the mornings and in the afternoons. The staff is very caring for the patients. The rooms are very nice, and right now they're re-tiling the whole of the rooms. They ripped the carpets out, and they put in new floor tiles, and they're tiling all of the hallways. I've eaten there numerous times, and the food was excellent. She's been there now since the middle of July.

Anonymous113548150 October 21, 2015

I placed mom at Windsor House Assisted Living. I like the layout and how my mother would have some freedom to move around indoors and out. They do have variety of activities and they take the residents out.

lindalou71 July 30, 2015

When My dad first went to Windsor House we were please with his care, however the last few months have been awful. He runs out of medication, his clothes and towels are never in his room. Today we moved him out, his room was filthy and when we moved his bed we found feces & blood on floor under bed and wall. I would not recommend this place to anyone. My heart broken for the way my dad was treated, we trusted them and paid to take care of him which they did not do the last few months.

fourthdaymom April 23, 2015

When my aunt first went there, we were extremely pleased with the care given to her. New management has taken over, and with those changes, they are short-staffed and the residents are not getting the quantity or quality of care that they were receiving.

At this point, I would be very hesitant to recommend this facility to anyone considering a move here. We may be moving my aunt somewhere else if we do not see rapid improvement in how she is being taken care of.

Mrs. O'Dell July 31, 2014

I have my mom at Windsor House West, which is just two minutes from my home. They are very accommodating and they have very caring staff. Their activities were wonderful. I like that they have some kind of activity every day to stimulate them like somebody comes and sings or paint their nails or they play bingo. Their activities director is wonderful. She encourages them and my mom looks forward to what's on the calendar. I know that takes a lot of planning and I think it is very appropriate. I eat several meals there and I think the food is very good. Their food service person is wonderful. They even give them snacks in the evening. However, I hope they change the way they give their medicine because my mom is really not happy about that. She has to leave her room and go to the medicine room, which I know is another activity for her, but that will be something I will change if I can because she wants it when they come to her room to give her medicine. Other than that, my mom is very happy there and I can't be happier.

caring9754 April 26, 2013

We loved Windsor House. My aunt wasn't there long though because she had a fall and had to go in a hospital. Then she had to go into full nursing and that's why she left because the facility didn't have the full nursing that she needed after her fall. But we loved it. It was very homelike and was much smaller. The staff was very friendly and they really got to know their patients well. They had a lot of activities too. My aunt did a lot when she was there. They took the residents to a lot of places. She knew a lot of people there because that was closer to her home.

The first time I met the lady that ran the place, I just fell in love with her. If there was ever a problem, all I had to do is pick up a phone, call her and it was taken care of. It was just awesome. We had very good relationship with her. I couldn't say enough about Windsor House. We hate that we didn't get to go back. That was a perfect place to send my aunt since she wasn't able to live at home anymore. I wish that they could have offered more, but they weren't. But they were wonderful. I never had a problem with them at all.

WHGrandson December 26, 2012

I visited my great-grandmother at Windsor House in Spartanburg, South Carolina many times over the past years. I would travel down to Spartanburg a few times a month with my family to visit her. Every time we visited, we were greeted with a friendly staff. Everyone we came in contact with was very pleasant. It seemed that my great-grandmother was very happy while staying at Windsor House. She was able to be involved with many different activities and groups with other residents that lived there. There were plenty of activities to be involved in on any given night. I also ate dinner with her a few times there. The food was always of good quality, and it was delivered quickly and freshly. The staff were very attentive to our needs, and were glad to help us out in any way that they could. All in all, I was very pleased with my interactions with Windsor House.

From Windsor House Assisted Living and Memory Care

Conveniently located near churches, shopping and restaurnats, Windsor House is like a home away from home without all the worries. It is designed for individuals who require a moderate amount of daily assistance, but not complete nursing care. Locally owned and operated, our main goal is to provide the highest level of care and quality of life in a safe and secure home setting while maintaining dignity, independence and privacy. Windsor House provides a complete range of daily care, supportive and life enrichment services. Three delicious meals per day are prepared with restaurant style dinning. Other campus amenities a wide range of activities tailored to fit your needs and with planning the move

We are here to make the journey with you.

Features of Windsor House Assisted Living and Memory Care

• Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: We have 24 hour nurses.
  • Hospice care

• Housing extra: Shared living
  • Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• 24-hour security gate
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs

• We charge an entry fee
  • Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Minimum memory care rate: $3,000/month

• Licenses: CRC-1369
  • State License(s): CRC-1369

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Windsor House Assisted Living and Memory Care