Cascades of the Sierra

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Cascades of the Sierra

April 28, 2015

By Jason8

Cascades of the Sierra was a very beautiful place. The staff took us around and showed us the rooms. A couple of low-end rooms had a small kitchen, 1-bedroom, and a sizable living room. What we saw was completely furnished, so everything looked nice. The small one looked like a studio apartment for a college kid, and then the big-end had still a 1-bedroom, but the bedroom had a nice walk-in closet. The meal was a Sunday brunch, and it was phenomenal. My dad had the cod; he loved it, and I had pancakes. It seemed to me that there were no distinct isles in the dining room. The tables weren’t set up for people with walkers; there were no straight paths in and out into the food. They do a lot of trivia for the brain, but there is a workout gym. They also have drivers; I think that people get taken to certain places in the area.

August 07, 2014

By Susan Landrith

I've been in the memory care and walked through the building. They are actually across the highway from where I live. I ran into some people I know who live there. Very friendly. All the people that I've come in contact with as far as the staff have been cheery and helpful. The people who were around to visit their relatives were real talkative and very relaxed. I think the place is neat. All the staff ask, "Do you need any help?" or "Can I help you find something?" If you want to wander around, they don't seem stressed about it either. I get a nice feeling. There was a lot of activity -- a lot of people moving around. A couple of times I walked through some exercise classes for people who are not as mobile. They were in wheelchairs in one of the living room seating areas. There were seated exercises. There are a couple of little small shopping centers they could walk to probably half a mile away. They do have also transportation and a little bus. They have swimming exercises, too. It's like being in this really neat hotel. They have a restaurant bar or a breakfast bar. There were people who were having coffee and there was someone having scrambled eggs. I'd stop and talk to them. While I was talking to these people, somebody came to the refrigerator and got some juice out. From what I saw, they were private rooms and each had its own decoration. One of them had a really bright pink comforter and some stuff on the walls, so I think they can personalize their rooms. They have apartments, too -- that was the independent living area. The building is 3 stories tall and there are a couple of different wings.

June 18, 2014

By Bobbie5

Cascades of the Sierra really stood out. The rooms were roomy, and it was convenient in the way it was laid out, almost like your own place. Nice kitchens. It was very expensive. The staff was very nice, very friendly, very helpful. We had food and it was wonderful. They have exercises. They have their own beauty salon, everything that you could possibly want. They play bingo, games, and cards. Everything was very nice, very well put together. We just liked the atmosphere of Cascades.

May 30, 2014

By Dorothy42

We found a place for my mother-in-law at Cascades of the Sierra. It's a beautiful facility, and it is also very clean. It offered a lot of things for the residents. They do different types of exercise and swimming. They also have crafts. I know somebody comes in, and they do singing with an accordion. My mom-in-law has one bedroom, and it has a very nice, big bathroom. It also has a little kitchenette with a refrigerator and a microwave. The restaurant is excellent, and the food is good. It's just a wonderful place.

April 30, 2014

I like the Cascades of the Sierra, but it turned out not to be exactly what I thought it was. It’s clean, but it’s very expensive for what you get. The rooms have different sizes. The staff is nice, but they’re real pushy. They want to get a deposit real fast. It was just usual food, but if you eat too much, you have to pay more money. I just couldn’t believe it. They tell you all this is included, but it’s not really. They said they do have activities. After I really looked at it, I realized what it was really like.

October 14, 2013

By Lorraine22

My friend will be moving to the Cascade of the Sierra. Everything is really excellent. The facility is gorgeous and clean. The people that we deal with are really good. The have two excellent restaurants. They even have small bars with televisions. There are several different beautiful areas throughout the complex, where you can relax and read. They have a patio and a pool.

About Cascades of the Sierra

Cascades of the Sierra is an assisted living facility in Sparks, NV that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Cascades of the Sierra for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Cascades of the Sierra