Brookdale Vista

2000 East Prater Way, Sparks, NV, 89434

Reviews of Brookdale Vista

Charles96222550 November 14, 2014

I had my dad at Wynwood of Sparks and I love the facility. I like the layout of the facility and there are only 64 units. They were also less expensive than others. I also like the people. The staff seemed to be really great. They all call him by his name and they take good care of him. They do have activities, but he is not attending too many of them.

BD October 16, 2014

My 86 year old father lived in Winwood for about a year. Overall we were very pleased with his care. The staff were good at following through with requests. Manager is true to his word. Food was good. Facility clean and well staffed. They worked with us taking care of many details regarding Dads care and supplies. Not a large population so staff and management know each resident by name. I believe they truly care about each resident and do go the extra mile to accommodate issues as they arise. Trusting a friend or relative to a home is difficult, there are so many horror stories out there. Our experience with Winwood of Sparks was very good. I believe they are one of the good ones out there. I recommend Winwood of Sparks for assisted living to anyone at that stage of life.

Bob95128750 October 07, 2014

Wynwood of Sparks was a lot cheaper, but it didn't have much in the way of facilities. They didn't have swimming pools, they didn't have theaters, and their library was a couple of dozen books in the hallway. It was very nice and the rooms were nice. It is a nice facility, and it's nice to have it in mind if I changed my mind and decide to get serious.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our community. Your feedback is always considered and appreciated!

enjoylife March 29, 2014

My 94 year old friend was a resident here. After she was moved to a group home, Brookdale continued to demand for payment for the 2 months she was not there. My friend who was withdrawn and sleeping most of the time in Wynwood, is now alert, laughing and interacting in her new environment.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns about your friend’s residency at Wynwood of Sparks. Please be assured that the safety and well-being of our residents is our first priority and we share their concerns as well as the concerns of their families and friends. We are currently reviewing this information with our regional team and we will contact you soon.

Caring71113650 October 25, 2013

Mom is in Wynwood and she likes it there. It is spotlessly clean and close enough to where we live. She's in a small studio apartment which is also clean, carpeted and freshly painted. She has three meals a day. They check on her and do her housekeeping. They have all the amenities. I really like all the managerial staff. They seem very nice. My mom gets along well with the kitchen help, the servers and housekeepers. They call her by name. The food is okay. Mom eats her breakfast in her room and eats lunch and dinner in the dining area and they give her two options. They have activities like exercises and different calisthenics. Once in a while they bring in entertainment. They have a nice library and a TV room. The grounds are kept up nice and they can walk around the grounds. The price is very reasonable. We are very satisfied. I recommend it to a friend and I am recommending it to others.

Brenda24 October 25, 2013

Wynwood has a very clean environment. They are very professional and so far, Rick seems to be very happy there. The food is pretty good. He is in a low cholesterol diet and sometimes they serve him food that he cannot really eat but he has educated himself on know the difference between what he should and what he should not eat. They have an activity director and she's always planning educational things. She also plans birthday parties. So, they do a pretty good job with that.

Brian11 October 09, 2013

Wynwood of Sparks was very nice but the units were small. My mom had a lot of things and she could only fit very limited things there. The place was clean, the staff were friendly and accommodating. For me, the place was adequate but my mom thought it was a step down from where she stayed.

caring1233 July 24, 2013

Wynwood would probably be the one that I would choose but I haven't decided for sure. I was pleased with the staff and I think they're friendly.

Susan37 April 30, 2013

I used to volunteer at Wynwood. They're fantastic. The activities, the people, the rooms are very nice, and whole atmosphere is awesome.

susan10 June 22, 2012

Manager and lead nurse are the best & some of the most dedicated people in the industry. Clients care, happiness, and well being are of the utmost importance to them!

From Brookdale Vista

Brookdale Vista provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Vista