Isle at Watermere

101 Watermere Drive, Southlake, TX, 76092

Reviews of Isle at Watermere

July 03, 2016

By SGC

Overall, the service at Isle at Wateremere has not lived up to our expectations as the “best in senior living.” This is largely due to unstable management and its impact on the continuity and quality of service. Our parents have lived there for four years; our mother remains in an assisted living apartment and our father was moved to a Memory Care their second year until he passed away last autumn. In the time that they have been there, the Executive Director of the facility has changed four times, and there have been numerous changes in mid-level management and the staff. We have raised our concerns with Integrated Senior Living, the senior housing management company that overseas several Watermere properties, but did not receive a satisfactory answer explaining the cause for the frequent changes. Last year, 2015, we finally felt the management and operation was shaping up under new directorship, at which time we wrote a positive review in response to a request from the Watermere marketing person. However, at the start of this year, the Executive Director was fired in January, followed by the Director of Health resigning, as well as the manager of the dining room and meals. As in the past, this high turnover has upset the quality of daily service. The numerous management changes have impacted quality of service from the supervision of medications to the service of food in the dining room. Having written the above, and to be a fair review, there have been some high quality individuals that have helped to offset the unstable management - some still there and others who have left. However, we have learned that we need to actively look after our parent's affairs while they are at Watermere and it has not met our expectation of "the best in senior living."

November 27, 2015

By LDL008

Unfortunately, my loved one's time at The Isle did not last very long before skilled nursing care was needed next-door at The Landing. However, I was impressed with everyone I encountered at The Isle, whether it be a member of the leadership team, the staff or other residents. Most importantly, my loved one was instantly made to feel welcome and he loved every minute of his time there!

September 26, 2015

By Judio

I couldn't be happier that my parents chose The Isle at Watermere. The staff is friendly, engaging and caring. They truly want each resident to get involved and help them to find their nitch. My parents are doing so well and I've seen an improvement in my dad. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

September 07, 2015

By Debi9

I visited Isle at Watermere. It's new, and they keep personalized service. Their rooms are big, and they have lots of programs. It looks like they have a nice memory care section, which is what I am looking for. Their food doesn’t look like cafeteria or hospital food; it was gourmet. Everything was impressive. There was not anything that I didn’t like.

August 12, 2015

By MagFerris

We have had a wonderful experience with the Isle at Watermere. The staff is very friendly and caring with our mom. She is in the beginning stages of Alzheimer's and moved here from out of state knowing no one. She has made many new friends in the past year and feels right at home now. We feel she is being very well cared for and are extremely pleased with her current living situation. Highly recommend Watermere for those who are looking for assisted living for a loved one.

August 09, 2015

By Georgia P

We moved our Mom to the Isle a little more than a month ago. We have been more than pleased with every phase of her care. Although her move has had many adjustments, the staff has been so competent in their care for her. They do their jobs with smiles and encouragement. They make the facility feel like home in every aspect. The food is delicious and served is such a pleasant environment. In this season of life, it truly takes a village. It is such a comfort to know that this caring staff provides constant and loving care!

August 08, 2015

By Cassara Family

My mom has been a resident at the Isle at Watermere for the past four months. Our family experienced a devistating loss this past February. What began as a plan to move my parents to a Villa in Watermere ended with my mom moving into assisted living. The staff at the Isle not only helped my mom with this difficult transition but was very loving and supportive to our family as well. My mom has many friends in her new community, including the staff. Her needs are met and she goes to bed each night feeling safe. Our family visits quite often and are always greeted by the staff who make a concerted effort to make the Isle a warm and inviting community. We feel very blessed to have found such a wonderful place that my mom can call home. Thank you Isle at Watermere for all that you do!

July 14, 2015

By Don/Jean

Dad needed a safe, secure home and The Isle of Watermere really was a great choice for us. He has a nice, big room and he enjoys the food as he cleans his plate at very meal and they has snacks thru out the day. The staff is friendly, kind and very patient. The activity director is the best. My Dad would prefer to sleep all day, but they encourage activities, van rides around town and socializing. I wish my dad could live at home but The Isle of Watermere is a great second choice.

July 08, 2015

By Trish1621

My grandmother fell and broke her hip,she is 93 years old. The Rehab that the hospital transfered her to was beyond horrible. My husband and I carried her out of there while I was on the Phone with the admissions here at The Landing at Watermere. They told is to bring her and they made her comfortable and within 15min had a room ready for her. The staff have been nothing but AMAZING! The rooms are spacious,and very clean. The food is very good! I eat here with my grandmother at least 3 times a week! The therapy plan was made just for her and the therapy staff are so very patient and talented! My grandmother is very lucky to have such a "proactive" family that sees to her every need. The nurses have been thankful for our help and we have made some amazing friends. Even though my grandma won't be a "long term" resident,we couldn't have gotten her this far with out the help of all the staff here at Watermere! I will sing praises of this facility to everyone that I know! Also-to others that read this. If you are not proactive and stay involved with your loved ones care and lay out your expectations,you have no one to blame but yourself for "bad care" they might receive. The Landing at Watermere is an amazing facility!

July 08, 2015

By Efleming

I have only experienced this facility for almost a week and I am very very impressed. My Grand mother has gotten exceptional care since she has been in their care. The food is amazing. They have activities for her to do which a lot of places don't. I would for sure recommend this facility to my friends and family. I have read over some of the other reviews in which people combined to say and I quote. That their father was here for 6 month and it almost killed him. Well what gets me is that if the care was so bad, why did they keep him here? But that not my worries. Yall keep up the good work. My granny loves it here and we do as well. Thank you so much for all the help you have given our family. It will not go unnoticed. We were going to place her in another place but as soon as we walked in we couldn't get out fast enough. It was how you say " very disgusting." So again thank you for everything you have done for our grandmother.

May 28, 2015

By Jean111526450

My father-in-law has dementia, and we are so worried placing him in a secure community. The Isle of Watermere put those worries to rest. Incontinenvy is a problem, but the staff really keeps it in check. He is always clean, bathed, well-fed, had lots of activities, and taken outside for walks. We are so pleased with staff and facility!

April 19, 2015

By Andrea67

The Landing is a very pretty place, brand new building, but I feel that they're under staffed. CNAs seem over worked. There's never anyone around. Staff is not very friendly, they act like you're bothering them if you request something for your relative. So far I'm not impressed with the care. CNAs and Nurses rush through their tasks and look annoyed the whole time. I would prefer my relative be in a less fancy facility and recieve top notch care rather than a facility that only seems focused on appearance. It's a shame. Hope they hire more friendly staff or pay them more so they have a reason to smile.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. I am concerned that you had an unpleasant experience in our Skilled Memory Care. I can assure you that we understand that quality care, customer service, and positive experiences are far more valuable than a nice physical structure. I would love to sit down with you to discuss your concerns and personally address them. I look forward to the opportunity to change your perspective and show you that your loved one is very important to all of us. We want to partner with you in helping them function at their highest level.

March 27, 2015

By Eve P.

The staff is extraordinary. They truly care about residents and their families and create a very loving and warm environment. The décor is beautiful to both men and women, lots of light, stone work, comfortable seating areas. Great care, great residents, great place! My father feels at home here.

February 26, 2015

By Kevin McCombs

We have been part of the Watermere community for just over one month and our experience has been spectacular. My father has connected with the staff, the residents, and is happy for the first time in quite some time. Thanks to all the Watermere team.

February 17, 2015

By Joanie, a concern daughter

One star is too much for this facility! My dad was here for six months and it almost killed him! It was the best money could buy, or so I thought…. Biggest mistake I've ever made. I couldn't find a manager to turn in notice or 10 days later to turn keys in, which was typical of this facility. Also, the food was not eatable a lot of the time...

Joanie, The Landing at Watermere appreciates you taking the time to leave a review. We value your comments and know our goal is to create the best customer experience for all of our residents and families. It is always a concern for me to find a customer leave a negative review. I'd like to apologize for any confusion on finding management when turning in notice/keys. The Landing is a unique 4 story building and the Executive Director is active throughout all 4 floors daily. Our concierge located on the first floor is available during business hours and triages all calls and/or visitors his way. Again, I apologize you were not able to connect. The Dining Services program at the Landing is directed by an Executive Chef and prepares daily meals from scratch. This is an area that we take pride in and typically do not have complaints. Was there a meal in particular that didn't set well with you? The Landing hopes that your Dad has settled in comfortably with his new arrangements. If you wish to discuss your Dad's stay with the Executive Director, you can contact him directly: Jon Gulley, Executive Director. Thank you for your time.

February 04, 2015

We decided to put my sister-in-law at The Landing as she needs advanced care. It was new, and the people seem to really care. The rooms were very spacious, and the grounds were fine. They have exercises, bingo, crafts, and bible studies. I would recommend this facility.

September 12, 2014

By lovingdaughter44

Beautiful facility but HORRIBLE CARE!!!!! My mom was not assisted when she would ask for help. Staff would just ignore her....say they would come back and then never show up. My mom would call me crying because she couldn't get help. Spoke with management and that did no good!!!!! Never bring your loved one here....they simply don't care!!! One star is even too much!

August 21, 2014

By fatherly love

My dad has been at the Landing at Watermere for 6 months now. I can't say enough good things about this place. The staff is so loving and they treat my dad and us like family. Its nice to leave at night and not worry whats going to happen. My dad is living in the memory care there and Katlyn has really made a difference with her activities that she does. Its not realistic for us to assume with my dads decease that he will make remarkable improvements but the staff has made him feel loved and comfortable. That's is all we can ask. The nurse Jamie is always available if we have a question. I can not thank the staff enough with how great things have been.

January 11, 2014

We already moved my parents at The Landing at Watermere. They just moved in last week. It's a brand new facility. They have beautiful surroundings. It is also right next door to where they were living, that way we could keep all the same doctors. Food is good and their dining room doesn't look like a cafeteria. It's nice. They don't have many activities for their residents, but my parents don't really need that.

Features of Isle at Watermere

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Coffee Shop

• Tai Chi

About Isle at Watermere

Watermere at Southlake is one of the largest master-planned community in the Metroplex featuring Villa and Condominium homes. It's a "lock and go" life style with all the advantages of home ownership. Watermere at Southlake is an age-restricted community for those at 55 years young with amenities found only at the finest Five Star Resorts, a country club-style clubhouse, unmatched personalized and attentive services. Watermere homes incorporate spacious floorplans and custom features with uncompromising quality in a park-like setting with lakes, walking trails and lush landscaping. Living in Southlake, Texas will take you back to the feel of living in a quaint neighborhood where everyone knows your name, but with all the conveniences of living in one of the most vibrant, modern cities in America... and a true gateway to the world.

Map of Isle at Watermere