LifePointe Village at Southaven

Star Landing Rd E, Southaven, MS, 38672

Reviews of LifePointe Village at Southaven

Leonard3 January 30, 2014

We've found Lifepoint Village for my mom. She will be moving there next week. We went to all the ones in the area and that was the one that stood out. Their staff was great. That's why it stood out, it's excellent. They have a lot of constant indoor and outdoor activities and that is also the reason why it stood out so much for us.

Caring71574250 October 09, 2013

We chose LifePointe Village at Southaven for my mom because we were quite familiar with the facility as my aunt is there already. Mom has been there for about three weeks now and the staff had been very great.

caring0327213 March 29, 2013

The staff at LifePointe Village should control the individual's diet because my brother is diabetic and we're having trouble with that. The price is also a bit high. Everything else about the facility is fine.

jan0756 October 01, 2012

I have written a review previously when my mother first started living at this center 4 months ago, and I gave it 5 stars. In the 4 months that she had been there, I have become very disappointed in the facility as a whole. She is not getting the appropriate care, she frequently has an odor, she only gets a shower on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, her laundry has been washed all together and faded everything to pink (towels, wash cloths, bed linens, clothes - because they were all laundered together with a red suit. I have found men's pajamas in her apartment that did not belong to her. I was there one time when the attendant brought her "fresh laundry" into the apartment, and several fo the articles did not belong to my mother. I questioned this as I was concerned about her laundry having been done along with another resident's, so I am now having to do her laundry myself, because they are ruining her clothes! Her one-bedroom apartment is not cleaned daily. I have had to clean it myself many times: dirty dishes in the sink for several days, sticky residue all over the kitchen floor and countertops, spilled dark liquid in the refridgerator, filthy toilet, and very dirty carpet, which I find questionable, since she is not supposed to be in the apartment, except at night. It is beginning to smell of urine, and she has recently complained to me that some of the workers are mean. She has fallen several times. I am much concerned with the newfound knowledge that most of the attendants are not trained and the facility has a large turn-over rate in staffing. My mother told me that a male attendant has had to give her showers on two occasions, which I find inapprpriate. It is very expensive, and for the cost, I expected much better care and supervision for my mother than we are getting. I am planning to move her out of this facility.

Kodee23 July 05, 2012

I was amazed by the decor in this facility. It is beautiful and there is no odor to the lobby. I spoke to some of the staff and was more amazed that most of all of the caretakers are not licensed. They do have maybe a handful from what I was told, but most of them are just out of high school and was looking for a job. I questioned about training, and was informed that very little of that was given. I also found that there has been a big turn over with the staff from the kitchen, the caregivers and even the nurses. I was more turned away from the facility when I found that the over all administrator was an LPN and that there is no doctor that over sees the residents. After hearing this, I knew that this was not the place to move my loved one into.

jrs7788 June 28, 2012

This one building is like a 5 star hotel. It's clean, no smell and really a beautiful place. She stays in a one bedroom that we decorated ourselves. She's been here for only 2 weeks and she said she really likes it here. The staff is very caring and helpful. They have lots of activities, some for memory care. They take residents downstairs to be with others. During my mom's short stay in this facility, I didn't see anything negative. I will suggest this place to others who are looking for a similar facility.

Teresa6 June 14, 2012

It's a really nice, clean place. I noticed that the residents seem happy and relaxed. The apartments were very comfortable looking. It does not have the touch of a home that I was looking for plus it's a bit costly to live there. So our primary drawback was the price and secondly the ambiance as we want a place that has the feel of a home in it.

southerntom May 15, 2012

The location of this facility is a great one. It is not located near any major roads or highways, which is great and safe to avoid accidental tragedies. It is a very new and modern living facility. Everything is top grade. The staff are sweet and caring. The price is high, but it seems it may be worth it if one can afford it. I felt assured I could home my grandmother there, and she would be taken care of.

About LifePointe Village at Southaven

LifePointe Village at Southaven is an assisted living facility in Southaven, MS that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact LifePointe Village at Southaven for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of LifePointe Village at Southaven