Aegis of San Francisco

2280 Gellert Boulevard, South San Francisco, CA, 94080

Reviews of Aegis of San Francisco

Caring85765550 June 10, 2014

Aegis is fancy and homey. The staff is friendly, accommodating, and helpful. Most of the residents have Alzheimer’s. The food is good, and the serving portion is large. The dining area is spacious and cozy. The room is big and a bit fancy also with carpet. It’s comfortable. I used to enjoy their activities, but not anymore. They have music and movies. It is expensive here, I don’t like the staff, and management is poor

ama1 December 23, 2013

On the day I visited there were 5 or 6 bins of soiled diapers outside the main entrance, which was a day they were having a Christmas piano recital. Not a pretty sight to see. But, inside the decorations were well done, it smelled okay, the residents were milling about, the manager was very involved in the running of the place, which seemed overwhelming. I didn't like the size of the facility, too large and too far from the rooms if walking to the dining room. The rooms were nice and had several with nice views, some had kitchens. There was set dining times, but, exceptions could be made if someone showed up in the kitchen (mornings). They did have one nurse and one LVN on staff, an overall friendly staff. They had a dementia and Alzheimer's ward, with locked doors. had a nice sitting area, drinks available on a buffet, a nice atrium.

Peg Dougherty December 08, 2013

My mother has been living at Aegis for nearly a year. Her room is beautilful. The common areas are like a well-appointed hotel. The staff is wonderful. They all address her by name and know us as her family. There are lots and lots of activities and day trips to keep Mom busy. The meals are good. The only problem Mom has had is the service in the dining room. All courses are brought at the same time (even the ice cream for dessert!). There is one resident that sits with Mom who could use some help in cutting her meat, but the wait staff is not observant of this. I have eaten there and the food is really very good. The administrative staff is excellent.

Reenie317 November 18, 2011

I had a tour of this facility about 2 years ago and just recently visited someone who just moved in. It's a lovely facility, clean, the rooms are like a high-end hotel.

ProfessionalGCM21years July 28, 2011

This is an assisted living facility with a locked dementia unit. I've had clients there, and it's a solid 5. The care staff is very attentive, knowledgeable, responsive. And they have a good director of nursing, which is a key role.

It's in South San Francisco--very easy to get to, right off the freeway. It's in the fog belt, though, and it's in a somewhat isolated location. It's hard to walk anywhere. But the building and rooms are beautifully appointed and well kept. Lovely. And there's a nice garden.

They also have a very good chef. The food is excellent, with lots of choices. And they have a good calendar of activities. The residents participate in large numbers.

From Aegis of San Francisco

As you enter our charming Aegis of San Francisco retirement community you'll notice the delightful smell of fresh baked bread and the smiles and lively conversation of friends and neighbors. Our assisted living services are tailored to your needs to make life easier.

For residents living with Alzheimer's or other dementia, we offer dedicated services for comfort and security. Our inviting surroundings, innovative programs and around-the-clock care help alleviate stress and anxiety and make life enjoyable.

We are centrally located and just minutes from the celebrated culture and dining of downtown San Francisco. And, for added peace of mind, we are near some of the world's best medical facilities.

Visit Aegis of San Francisco today and take a tour of our Aegis of San Francisco retirement community for active seniors and for those needing additional care, Aegis of San Francisco also provides assisted living and memory care.

Features of Aegis of San Francisco

• Diabetic
  • Low fat
  • Low salt
  • Renal

• Spanish

• Pharmacy

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• State License(s): 415600314