NEED HELP FINDING ASSISTED LIVING FACILITIES?

Talk to an advisor for free: (866) 515-8248

Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

Reviews of Legacy House of South Jordan

Posted by Frustated3 August 03, 2015
2.0

My siblings and I have been very disappointed with Legacy House - and frustrated. The CNAs and Med Techs are very sweet and work very hard, but they don't have anyone to train and teach them. The new nurse at Legacy has no clinical experience except for what was required as part of her studies. Her personality and attitude are very negative. She doesn't seem to want to do anything, or perhaps she just doesn't know how. Such an incredible difference from the older, more experienced nurse that she replaced. Why Legacy House would hire an RN who just finished her nursing degree without any real clinical experience is beyond me. The administrator is nice, but has no presence in the facility. The recreation director has a sourpuss face and doesn't look like she enjoys her job. Nobody who works there has any training in geriatrics or in gerontology. The activities are geared toward one type of resident, and does not account for the variety of residents living there. Not a well-trained staff. Either the administrator and nurse should receive more training or be replaced by more experienced persons.

Posted by Jim104463650 March 31, 2015

My father has moved in to Legacy House of South Jordan. They have a lot of activities for him there. They took him to the temple, and we're happy about that. They seemed to have quite a bit of help there too. They all appear very nice. He has been there a couple of months now. They have been very attentive as far as I've seen so far. They go out to outings, Wal-Mart, to breakfast, to lunch, and to different places. They have various activities going on during the day. They have a movie day, games, and different groups come in to perform musical numbers. They were a little more expensive, but as far as the number of activities and the care, it was worth the extra money.

Posted by Lavon April 30, 2014

We liked Legacy House of South Jordan because the facility was nice, the food was good, and the location was central to our family. My mom had a one-bedroom apartment. It had a nice little living room, a kitchenette, bedroom, and bathroom. The staff were caring and friendly. They had about five activities per week. They took the residents to restaurants and shopping malls, there were game nights, and special performers came to perform music or other talents. She was happy there.

Posted by Janet80244750 March 21, 2014

My husband stayed at Legacy House for 7 months. It was very good. The staff was excellent and very helpful. They're very concerned about the people living there and they're very friendly. He was at the assisted living. They provided a lot of activities. The rooms are nice for a studio apartment. It had a small kitchenette.

Posted by Kathi4 June 27, 2013
3.0

Legacy House of South Jordan was a very nice facility and very family-oriented. The providers and managers were extremely nice. The main dining room of the assisted living unit was very nice. When they moved her to the memory care unit, I felt like her care was not up to par. They were understaffed. The basic staff was very good and very conscientious. The night staff were busy visiting and they had so many duties like cleaning and cooking. Their care was not centered on the residents. They were not supervised well and the memory care unit looked ignored. They needed more staff around the clock for the memory care unit. However, I would recommend the assisted living unit.

Location of Legacy House of South Jordan