Heritage Woods of South Elgin

700 N. McLean Blvd., South Elgin, IL, 60177

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Heritage Woods of South Elgin

October 18, 2014

Heritage Woods is new and clean. They are very caring, detail-oriented, and I feel like my mother-in-law is safe. She has many activities to participate in, and she can get out if she wants to. I did not try their food, but my mother-in-law loves it.

June 16, 2014

By Inkman20

The staff has been very caring. They spend time with my mother and make her feel at home. The CNA's are great as well.

February 28, 2014

We were looking at Heritage Woods of South Elgin. She is not there yet, but we're hoping that it would work out perfectly. We chose this because it met all our requirements. Also the price was very average with others. For activities, they have crafts, bingo, etc. They have activities going on in the building. They have a library and a crafts room. They did have a lot of activities going on.

January 07, 2014

By jeremias

The nursing staff headed by the DON needed to be replaced. I have a hard time getting answers from her about my concerns for my Mom. She's always not available. If you see her, it seems she's in a different world....

November 22, 2013

My mom was at Heritage Woods of South Elgin because it was close to us. It was a very nice and very clean facility. The price was reasonable enough. The staff were very good and she had a one bedroom place. She liked the food 70% of the time. Although, I would suggest that the CNA's should more attentive.

August 13, 2013

By Amber5

I believe Heritage Woods is overall very excellent. It's really clean and it's decently priced, too. The lady who gave us a tour answered all our questions and she's actually helping us to sort out papers for my grandma. All the people who live there seem extremely happy and they were willing to talk to us. Grandma told us about the activities available and a list of things that she can participate in. They even have a billiard and game room. She is diabetic, so they prepare appropriate meals for her to help manage her diabetes. They actually helped her to get off the insulin by making the appropriate meals. The rooms are really nice and pretty spacious.

August 01, 2011

My grandmother is currently in assisted living at Heritage Woods. She moved in when the facility was brand new, and it seemed like a good facility. Over time, however, some negatives have come to my attention. The facility does have many activities for the residents. My grandmother enjoys bingo, but they have many activities, including a Nintendo Wii Bowling team that competes against other teams. They also have a salon for the residents to go to if they choose. The staff seem to be helpful and caring from what I have seen. The main negatives come from administration. I don't feel it is anything that endangers the residents due to neglect or abuse. The administrators seem to be the people that are uncaring. A few months after my grandmother moved in they tried to force her out because she is a public aid resident and they decided to try to fill the facility with private pay residents. They made this very stressful for my mother, including calling every day to see where she was at in finding my grandmother a new facility. Overall we have been very dissatisfied with administration. My only other complaint is that on days when my mother needs to take my grandmother to the doctor and asks the CNAs to have her up and dressed in the morning, they never have it done. They say she didn't want to get up. So, in summary, I feel the facility could definately improve in some areas, but in terms of safety and general care I feel that they are a good facility.

Photos of Heritage Woods of South Elgin

About Heritage Woods of South Elgin

Heritage Woods of South Elgin is an assisted living facility in South Elgin, IL that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Heritage Woods of South Elgin for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Heritage Woods of South Elgin