Basecost

Availability

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Azalea Court

To us at Azalea Court - assisted living by Americare in Smyrna, Tennessee, assisted living means two things: you do the living and we help you live. Our personal assistants provide what you need when you need it. Here, the emphasis is less on paperwork and more on people. Our licensed nurse and certified medication aides get to know our residents like family, with all of their unique needs and preferences. It's like home.

Dining is a focal point of our residents' day at Azalea Court - assisted living by Americare. It starts with an open breakfast with eggs just the way you like them. We accommodate our early risers ready for toast and coffee as well as those who can't start the day without a big hot breakfast. Comfort foods, foods familiar and favorite, are part of our menu.

At The Arbors at Azalea Court in Smyrna, TN, living with Alzheimer's becomes less of a challenge for you and your loved one. We combine the intimacy of assisted living with specialized care for dementia. The size of the Arbors promotes a comforting, calming environment. With no more than 15 rooms, the Arbors co-exists with a sister assisted living facility, yet remains separate. Care is provided in a building specifically designed with the care of the Alzheimer's resident in mind. We consider each resident's own strengths and weaknesses to weave a seamless cloth of individualized care. We also incorporate the latest approaches to this challenging disease into the daily routines and activities of all our residents. It's difficult to even search for proper care while tending to someone with Alzheimer's. Each day presents new challenges to patients and their caregivers. At the Arbors we offer a shelter of care and advice for the entire family.

All Inclusive rates-----Small homelike environment-----Outside areas-----Walking Path

Reviews of Azalea Court

Posted by swoozie28 June 29, 2014
1.0

Though I can highly recommend some of the caregivers at the Arbors, I cannot recommend the facility itself. We had high expectations but they were not met. The food quality was variable, but generally poor. When we visited we would notice that our family member's room often had no paper products (toilet tissue, paper towels or Kleenex) and that there would be no linens (towels or washcloths) & we would have to request them. When light bulbs burned out, they were not replaced until we pointed out that the the rooms were dimly lit. The room was often cold and there are no climate controls in the individual rooms. One of the pressing concerns, in our case, included the lack of stimulation in the facility. The advertised "activities" were sporadic and not geared to the varied cognitive levels of the residents. When we expressed our concerns about this, there seemed to be little attempt to modify the activities. We also had serious concerns about the side effects of our family member's medications. These concerns were treated in a dismissive manner. Suffice it to say, having a loved one with Alzheimer's Disease is difficult enough without any added stresses.

Posted by Caring73910050 December 01, 2013

I had to have hip surgery and my husband couldn't stay at home by himself and so I found Azalea Court but he's back home now. It was close to home and I found it because it was locally in our town. They were good to my husband and he liked it there, it was a homey atmosphere. It's just one room and a bathroom and the food was decent. I didn't care for what they had but it was good food.

Posted by Joy13 September 14, 2013
1.0

All in all I was dissatisfied with Azalea Court and so was my father. I didn't think it was well managed. The food was very poor. The caring of the patients was also poor. The attitude of their staff was like they were just there for the paycheck. They didn't really care. They were just going to come in, do their thing and go home. I also didn't think that the place was particularly well-kept. There were days that they didn't even make my father's bed. They would go sometimes two or three days without cleaning the trash out of the trash can. They also have little as far as social activities. I like the fact that my father can come and go as he pleased, but, overall, we were just very disappointed with it.

Posted by Celia2 November 01, 2012

I was pleased with The Arbors. They are very caring and reasonable. Everybody was just great. I was very happy and very impressed with what I saw.

Location of Azalea Court

Features of Azalea Court

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Lowest monthly rate: 2,700
  • Highest monthly rate: 4,200
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum Memory Care Cost: 3,900

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: None

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Get Details

• Get a quote
  • Learn about payment options
  • Make an appointment

By submitting this form, you agree to Caring.com's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use. You also consent to be contacted by a Caring Family Advisor to explore senior living options at the number provided above using automated calling technology. This consent is not required to obtain our services. We’re always here for you at 800-952-6650.