Woodland Ridge Assisted Living & Memory Care

4005 S Cobb Dr Se, Smyrna, GA, 30080

Reviews of Woodland Ridge Assisted Living & Memory Care

anonymous child February 24, 2016

I investigated several facilities as we neared the end of Skilled Nursing, met most with great angst about the fit for my mother, and then found Woodland Ridge (WR). They made my ulcer go away. I was very comfortable with the introduction and information I received, the caregivers I met, and the environment for my mother. The WR team that went to the Skilled Nursing facility to evaluate Mom also received rave reviews for their thoroughness, warmth, and professionalism from my mother’s nurses there. (Some others did not.) Now that “we” have been at WR for a while, I can honestly say it is where I would choose to be for me if I were in the same situation as my mother. The staff is excellent in terms of their abilities, attention to needs, active care, understanding of residents, and communication with family. They seem very cohesive. I have not seen turnover, and most have been there for quite a long time. They have levels of care, and so can meet changing needs of most residents. Overall, they seem to run a tight ship (which I appreciate) with warmth and a supportive community spirit. My father and I have developed a strong communicative relationship with the caregivers there, so we feel well-connected with all aspects of my mother's needs. No, it’s not “home” and not the path we had planned. This is hard on all of us. But, WR has helped us manage this as well as we can, and we sleep well at night because we have complete confidence that my mother is cared for and supported when we are not there.

Cynthia120404350 February 22, 2016

I personally like Woodland Ridge Assisted Living & Memory Care a lot. It was so convenient. The only thing is if we put Mom’s dog in there, she would have to personally take care of it, and she forgets, so that would not work. As far as pricing, this facility is the best among all that I have visited. I really liked the staff, who was very knowledgeable and very caring. The rooms were just fine.

Caring108583550 March 31, 2015

I like Woodland Ridge a lot, but they would not take her when all is said and done. But it is great. The fees are reasonable, and the staff was wonderful. The rooms are big. It is in a quiet setting way tucked back in the woods, and it was a good size.

Cherie5 March 28, 2015

We are very happy with Woodland Ridge. It is my mother-in-law who is there, and they are taking good care of her. It is a beautiful facility, and she is really happy there. I will recommend it.

She has a one-bedroom apartment with a full-size bed, a chair, a dresser, and a nice size closet. The staff is wonderful. They are very attentive, and they are concerned. They are quick to call us. We are there in different times of the day, so we know that she is having care throughout the day. The food looks good, and my mother-in-law loves it.

Clarice Walters December 04, 2012

Residents in assisted living may not be able to live alone but do not require the skilled services provided in a nursing facility, but woodlands assisted living program of personal care provides assistance with the activities of daily living in a supportive community setting and personally the facility really was organized. when someone wanted to plan a visit they would talk to the supervisor at the attendants desk, and they would place it on this huge calender so residents at the facility could look forward to it. I was interested in being a personal care giver but I never had the time in these hard days. The facility was really picky to finding the right dedicated employees. Woodland Ridge workers really are committed to upholding the highest home care standards for client care and satisfaction in Smyrna. If I ever go to another Assisted living facility I would never see the love and compassion workers and residents has in Woodland Ridge.

Big Bingo October 04, 2011

I've volunteered at Woodland Ridge for several years with my church. The residents tell me how happy they are and how well they are cared for at Woodland Ridge. Their family members are also welcome and active in the community that gives it a true family feeling. It won't be too many years before I will think of moving there too. I'm glad I'll have friends there to welcome me.

Traveling Gran July 29, 2011

The staff at Woodland Ridge are very, very caring and attentive, and they take good care of the residents.

From Woodland Ridge Assisted Living & Memory Care

Tucked away in a wooded setting in the heart of Smyrna, Woodland Ridge is one of the area's best kept secrets -- but the secret is too good not to share! Woodland Ridge offers all the comforts of home--and many benefits you wouldn't find at home--for those who may need care or assistance.

We are dedicated to providing cutting-edge technology and old-fashioned compassionate care that allow our residents to age gracefully in place. Our Friends for Life approach to care means that we treat our residents as our best friends and get to know their unique stories so we can better understand how to connect with each person we serve.

If you need respite care while family caregivers take a break or after a hospital or rehab stay, we can help you find a solution. If you need minimal care in an assisted living setting or specialized and dignified dementia care, we can help you find a solution that gives you peace of mind.

When you or your loved ones need help, it can be overwhelming. You're not alone. Let us show you our community and help you discover options for care. We'll be happy to welcome you home to Woodland Ridge!

A tenured, caring staff coupled with cutting-edge technology such as the SimpleC programming allow Woodland Ridge to provide the best in community living and care. Our Friends for Life approach to resident care means that each resident is treated as a person with particular likes and dislikes, particular interests and passions. Our caregivers connect with our residents as unique individuals. We encourage family involvement and facilitate family education.

Features of Woodland Ridge Assisted Living & Memory Care

• Hospice care

• Housing extra: Shared living
  • Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Hiking trails
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: SimpleC Technology

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Karaoke and Dancing

• We charge an entry fee
  • Minimum memory care rate: $3,125/month

• Staff patient ratio: 12:1 in AL, 6:1 in memory care

• Licenses: Assisted Living License
  • State License(s): ALC000008

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living
  • We offer financial aid