Azalea Estates of Slidell

354 Robert Blvd, Slidell, LA, 70458

Reviews of Azalea Estates of Slidell

dotsbaby1925 September 23, 2015

We moved Mom to Azalea Estates over a year ago after living alone for 2 year since my Dad passed away. Susie and Patti were so welcoming on our first visit. They really made Mom feel comfortable after she moved in taking time to get her used to the transition. The staff does their best to make the entrance and common areas very inviting to all who come to visit. It is well kept and maintained. They provide meals, clean the suites and also do the laundry if you want. The companions are exceptional when it comes to dealing with Mom. My sister and I can rest assured Mom is getting all her meals, medicine and enjoying all the wonderful daily activities they have planned for them. Location is great and they also offer bus service for doctor visits and grocery runs. Azalea has been a great home for our 90 year old mother and we can sleep well knowing she is safe and being looked after.

please daughter September 23, 2015

My mother is a resident of Azales Estates in Slidell and has been for a little over a year. My sister and i couldn't be happier. It was not an easy transition for her by any means. But the staff kept working with her and us telling us to be patient and that it would work out. They were right it took about 8 weeks but she finally settled in and now considers it home. They try very hard to keep the residents busy. My mother really looks forward to all the activities and has made new friends and loves the staff. They are so kind and patient. It was hard for us to move Mom from her house to Azales but we now see it was the right choice.

Caring112829350 September 07, 2015

I was not as impressed with Azalea Estates. The staff was really nice, but I just didn’t like the look of it. It was run-down and needed a lot of work. I didn't even consider this place after I went and toured it; it wasn't what I was looking for. The people were nice. It was just that the actual facility needed a lot of work. I just kept going around looking, and the rooms looked like they just needed to be spruced up. It looked like the attention to the façade and the aesthetics of the place weren't as nice, and I kind of wanted something that reminded my mother of home where she felt comfortable with. I didn't want her feeling like she was in this place that no one was up-keeping. It was a little less expensive, and I think that was why I agreed to go see it.

Caring112692850 August 27, 2015

My dad was at Azalea Estates of Sidell before he passed away. It’s a very nice community. The staff was great. I would definitely recommend them.

Rhonda18 March 23, 2015

I visited Azalea. It was very nice. It was very clean. The people there was very nice. They had activities for my parents. They could go and eat 3 meals a day. They had bingo. They would bring them to church once a week. They would bring them to the doctor. They had a lot of activities for them so they wouldn't be so bored. It would have been perfect if my daddy had been more independent. We looked at a one-bedroom with a little kitchen and a living room.

Caring99276050 September 23, 2014

Azalea is nice, but it’s definitely aged; I think that it is the oldest physical building in the area. We did eat there and the food was good. They are very nice and accommodating, but there was some mix up that we had an appointment, but they didn’t realize we had an appointment. The girl who took us around was very friendly. The courtyard outside overlooked the restaurant next door's work area; you can see the boys outside smoking and the deliveries coming in.

Fay Defourneaux September 17, 2014

Hi Susie, I would like to thank you and your staff for all the caring help given to my sister-in-law, Barbara. She feels very comfortable in her apartment and attends all the great activities that are planned for the residents. She is a diabetic, the kitchen staff helps her plan her menu and she enjoys her meals. Azalea Estates is a very caring home and I have and will recommend your Assisted Living to all. Sincerely Fay

DonaldM September 15, 2014

From many years of observation from our TOPS meetings, Azalea was an easy choice for my sister! I knew that there were always great activities for the residents and the staff was always very kind and attentive. It has the atmosphere that is so important to encourage independence while providing care as needed. All this with an excellent beauty parlor on site!! We are very pleased. Many thanks, Martha

Caring89741950 July 19, 2014

Azalea Estates is a retirement community with some assisted living. The tour was very nice. They answered the questions that I was asking. I like the fact that they took pets. They allowed you to have a dog. I saw one of the rooms. It has a very nice little kitchen, a living area, and a bedroom area, so there are basically 2 rooms with a kitchenette off of them. It's well kept up, but the room sizes were smaller than the standard is now. It had 4 wings to it. There's the central area, which had the dining area, a little lounge area, and the offices, and then each wing had the different individual rooms. They had a little patio for other get-togethers and a television room so that you can get together or play cards in there. I talked briefly with the nutritionist or head cook over there, and they commented that they can cater the food to different dietary needs. The guests were sitting out on the front porch in rockers, but other than that, I really didn't see much interaction. Most of the people looked pretty mobile and up and about. It was not a nursing home type of facility. It's right next to a church. There's a restaurant down the road. It's mainly a residential area. They had a calendar of different things that they had planned.

Claire12 June 10, 2014

My mother moved into Azalea Estates in Slidell in November 2005 due to the loss of her home and most of her personal possessions due to Hurricane Katrina. She chose Azalea Estates because she had known the director and one of the residents. Although it took her some adjusting to the retirement of the original director and having two new ones; she has made the adjustments quite well. Of course, the changes were made much easier due to her friendship with the Asst. Director at Azalea.

The 8½ years at Azalea have been good ones for her and for me. Besides, the changes made with the new staff, her only problem has been due to a fall this past February. The fall resulted in hospital stays and rehabilitation therapy at a nursing home. Upon her return to Azalea in April, she was welcomed by the staff and other residents with flowers, banners, and balloons. Some of these people also kept in touch with her during her two month absence. She has ended her home-health treatment and seems to be doing well. For someone who will be 91 in August and a resident of Azalea for 9 years in November, she is doing a lot better than ever expected. This is helped by the care that she receives from everyone at Azalea.

I am her daughter living in Slidell and have been quite pleased with the care she has received at Azalea. Until her fall, I called her every day and saw her on the weekend. Fortunately, for me the fall came after my retirement and I was able to attend to her medical problems easier. But, I was always assured that there was help or backup for me from the staff.

My brother and I tried and failed to get her to move into a retirement community before the hurricane, but ever since she moved in, there was very little complaint on her part. The only thing she really ever complained about was; "there is too much to do at Azalea." But, there was not much of the "too much" she did not participate in. Even with all the activities, she found time to coordinate and maintain the books in the library (the teacher in her could not leave the books alone).

On behalf of my brother and me, we thank Azalea Estates and staff for all the care and love that they have given our Mother over the past years and that It will continue the rest of her life.

Becky19 June 10, 2014

Azaela Estates has been a very good fit for our family. The Matriarch of our family enjoys staying there, and the rest of the family enjoys peace of mind that she is being well-cared for. It is a comfort to know she receives three meals a day, and staff members are available to check on her at all times. She finds it convenient to be able to have her hair and nails done on site and have transportation available for errands. We have all been pleased with Azalea Estates and look forward to our continued relationship.

Donald15 December 24, 2013

Azalea Estates was a nice, clean and well managed facility. If we're going to move my parents at this point in time, that definitely would have been a good candidate. It was one of two candidates I have in mind. Location also was nice and close. It was probably about 10 minutes away from where I live. The staff was very nice, very cordial and very helpful. Overall, this place was what I know my 94-year-old father would feel comfortable in.

Debbie21 April 03, 2013

Having had a relative at Azalea Estates in Slidell for the past 5 years, I feel qualified to say that this is a wonderful facility. Activities are so important for the elderly and here they are fun and appropriate. Among other things, the caregivers are knowledgable, food is good, and the administration outstanding. Most of the residents have chosen to live there a long time. The seniors of Slidell are very lucky to have this place as a living option.

Ron5 April 03, 2013

My mother has been at Azalea for over five years now. She is from out of town and I was very worried about moving her away from friends. Because of the friendliness of the staff, other residents and the activities offered, my mother not only made the transition, but seems happier than ever. As she has deteriorated physically the staff has been excellent in adjusting to her needs

Bridget and Gary March 29, 2013

Our experience at Azalea Estates Slidell has been exceptional. The staff were professional, warm, and made us feel at home from the minute we walked into the door. The suites are beautiful and well maintained. The dining room and all common areas are beautifully decorated and well maintained. (And the food is good!) The daily activites promote socialization, physical and mental strength, and are just plain fun! Our mother is delighted to be a resident of Azalea. And we, know she is enjoying her life in a safe environment.

Groovy March 29, 2013

We were looking for a place that I felt my mother would feel at home. We were also looking for a place where she could interact with other people. Azalea made us feel most welcome and Linda and Patti were most helpful in making the transition easier. The staff is polite and most willing to help (all you have to do is ask).

I didn't rate this five stars because I don't rate anything that high, not even my own home. To put it most simply, my mother would not be there if I didn't have trust in them. This was and is the most comfortable place for us all. We visit, spend the night, and have meals with her. As with anything, it is what you make it.

cjribbit March 26, 2013

The 5-star rating that I have given Azalea Estates of Slidell is naturally my opinion. But, after Katrina hit in August of 2005, they were a lifesaver to me and have continued being to this day in 2013. My mother lost almost everything during the storm, so she was in need of a home. She stayed with me a month and my brother a month when an opening came up at Azalea. This was great since that was the retirement home she liked most (and that was because she knew and liked Linda and Patty). The staff at Azalea has been wonderful to my Mother and the only complaint I have ever heard her say " is that they have too much to do". But, at almost 90 she only says no when it conflicts with a sport event on TV. I work in Slidell and previously had a disabled husband, so having Mother in my home would have been a huge problem with all concerned. Financially, it would probably be better now if she was with me, but mentally for both of us, she is so much better at Azalea. It is hard for me to tell her no, but she stays busy with the Library, games, visiting, has transportation when needed - she would be alone most of the day at my house with two dogs to possibly trip over. I thank the staff and God every day for having Azalea Estates in our life!

S. Mabie March 22, 2013

care for my Mom at Azalea is excellent! Mom has her own apartment. Food is good, activities are varied and get folks out and socializing, and transportation to doctor appointments is good. Mom enjoys her independence yet has the extra care if she needs it. Thank you, Azalea!!

Louis Monte March 21, 2013

My widowed sister has resided at Azalea Estates for eleven years. In that time, I have never had reason to be concerned for her well being, treatment or care. Disabled with Cerebral Palsy, my sister is monitored to ensure her safety when bathing and to ensure that she takes her daily medications. Afforded independence in her apartment and during her time in the common areas, she can promptly receive any assistance when needed from the Azalea support staff. Meals are served daily in the dining room, where my sister has established her comfort perch, often spending extra hours at her spot conversing with residents and staff, She participates in group activities, such as bingo, card games and exercise classes. My initial concerns when she moved into this new environment were quickly allayed when she made a home for herself. The management team of Linda and Patti and their support staff have become her extended family, with an understanding and appreciation of her personality and individuality. During my frequent visits with my sister, I am reassured that our decision for her to reside at Azalea Estates was the wise and correct one.

BRAD3 March 21, 2013

I'm putting my Dad in assisted living in Louisiana. I visited Azalea and everything that I was looking for towards the home and the price are in there. The rooms are small but fine. It's a really nice place. The best thing about it is its location. The place was clean, and the people were really attentive.

From Azalea Estates of Slidell

Azalea Estates is Slidell's finest Assisted Living and Retirement Community situated on 5 acres on Robert Blvd. just off of I-10 and I-12 interchange. We have 60 private suites with a choice from studios to 1 bedroom or 1 bedroom deluxe.

Providing the care and services that helps seniors stay active and independent in a homelike, residential setting the mission Azalea Estates is dedicated to. In partnership with family and loved ones, we are committed to promoting the freedom of choice, protecting the privacy, ensuring the dignity, and providing for the safety for each of our residents. Most importantly, this overall philosophy of caring is "whole-personal" oriented, taking into consideration all physical, mental, social, and spiritual needs.

• Situated on 5 landscaped acres
  • Assistance with activities of daily living as needed
  • Structured on one level - no elevators or stairs
  • Utilities (excluding telephone) and basic cable included in monthly rent
  • No long-term financial obligation
  • Small pets welcome
  • Daily exercise classes
  • Private and secure medication monitoring system
  • 3 full meals offered daily with menu selections, served restaurant-style
  • Designated area for private dining/parties; in-house catering available
  • Easy and safe access showers with grab bars
  • Courtesy transportation Monday - Friday for local doctors visits
  • Private suites with a choice of 3 floor plans; all with private bath, kitchen/kitchenette, thermostat, and closet space.
  • Screened porch for gathering and relaxation
  • Library with cds, tapes and large print books
  • State-of-the-art emergency response system with dual access, emergency response system: pull cord and personal pendant

Azalea Estates of Slidell was designed, developed and is still owned and managed by the original owners with over 75 years of combined senior living experience. Azalea Estates was built with their own families and friends in mind. No other senior community can compare to the lifestyle, features, amenities and outstanding value that Azalea Estates offers each resident. We invite you to come and experience our Community.

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Azalea Estates of Slidell

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• State License(s): 11643