Sunrise at Wood Ranch

190 Tierra Rejada Road, Simi Valley, CA, 93065

Reviews of Sunrise at Wood Ranch

August 17, 2015

By Mark106260650

I've researched and visited all of the assisted living places in both Simi Valley and Thousand Oaks. I found that Sunrise was by far the best. There is no hard sell here, like the other places we visited. The places sells itself. It is the kind of place I would like to go when I hit those years. The key factors that sold me on Sunrise: The staff is all very amicable and friendly to all of its occupants. The decor feels as if you are at a five star hotel/B&B. Cleanliness, they are very picky about maintaining both the inside and outside appearance, to include residents rooms. There is no smell; I found other places having that hospital/old people smell; this place does not. The only drawback is the cost; it is on the high-end of the scale. But this place was on the low-end side when comparing with the other establishments. Happy hunting.

May 30, 2014

By Leah8

Sunrise was a very nice place. It had very nice and helpful staff. They were great, and I liked it. I also liked all the programs they had. However, it was too far from LA County.

March 27, 2014

By Mary77581450

I settled my husband at Sunrise, and I have nothing but good to say about them. It is very close to my house, so I can go there frequently. It is very homey. When you go in the front door, there is the lobby and a concierge. They have a large room on the left that has couches, a TV, and a fireplace. You can have the privacy of that room if you want, and it's nice. All of the workers are extremely kind, very thoughtful, and everybody's full concern is towards the safety and well-being of the residents. In my experience, they will do almost anything it takes to keep their people safe and well taken care of. It seems like a genuine caring, not just artificial smiles for publicity. There was one incident when my husband fell completely asleep and he slid down out of the chair and onto the floor. They called me right away. They said, "He didn't get hurt. He is fine. We want you to know that there has been an incident that occurred." I appreciate that they keep me posted. They also have a dentist who comes in and takes care of their teeth. My husband lost a crown on his tooth a week or two ago, and today the dentist himself called me and told me that he has been there, and told me what they resolved to do. My husband, at one point, had a male roommate who did create some small problems; they immediate arranged to change him out, and now my husband has the room for himself for the rest of that period. They are really good about taking care of their people. The rooms are nice and kept really clean with lots of storage. They have a shared bathroom, but these are immaculate. I have eaten dinner there three or four times, and the food is wonderful and really good. The people have a choice of two salads, then two different entrées, and two sandwiches. They have dessert. They also have snacks for them. They have nice little things going on. They run their own shuttle or van with the people and take them shopping or take them out for lunch, if they have a little gathering. If I have the money, I will move in there myself.

December 13, 2013

By Sheryl5

We loved it at Sunrise. That was our second choice. It's just the rooms were too small. The staff and the facilities were wonderful and great and the food was good.

September 26, 2013

By Leaf10

Sunrise at Wood Ranch is marvelous. They have separate communities and neighborhoods for different disabilities or different weaknesses that the elderly have. They have exceptional food. I can't say enough good things about it. It's an incredible, loving, encouraging place. They try to incorporate the families to participate in the care of their elderly by providing activities that encourage the whole family. They seem to think of every detail to make it the most wonderful residence.

Photos of Sunrise at Wood Ranch

• Coffee Shop

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Pharma

About Sunrise at Wood Ranch

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites, to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping.

Look around and you?ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly, smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

As a part of the Sunrise Signature Experience, we are committed to providing our residents with a home that is safe and secure, with all the comforts of home, including our house dog. Championing the quality of life for all seniors. It's our mission and responsibility of every Sunrise team member.

Map of Sunrise at Wood Ranch