Sunrise of Silver Spring

11621 New Hampshire Avenue, Silver Spring, MD, 20904

Reviews of Sunrise of Silver Spring

Caring71006150 July 20, 2014

I went to Sunrise. A very pleasant visit. The ladies were very accommodating, very nice. It's just not affordable. The whole atmosphere was very inviting, just watching the other clients that were there. The residents were coming in on a bus from someplace. Everybody seemed to be somewhat interactive. They were seemingly happy, and it had a very good smell in there. I think the rooms were more than spacious. It was just like a home.

makeup lady June 26, 2014

I thought Sunrise Silver Spring was very nice. The furniture was very nice. But the area doesn't have the type of people that I feel that my husband would be comfortable with. It was very nice as far as the facility itself.

Caring7553 June 26, 2014

Sunrise was good; however, it was farther away and significantly more expensive than where my mother is. The food was good. The dining room was the same hotel-type setup. The room seemed just as good as the ones at the other facility, except they had pull strings in the bathroom and the bedroom. However, as far as the safety features, I thought that they wasn't as good as what she has at the other facility.

Wanda16 June 23, 2014

Sunrise was very clean and very orderly. The staff was very professional, nice, and helpful. The dining room was clean and very nice. The rooms were a bit condensed and were a bit too small. What I didn’t like about it is when you have to go to the facility and it’s raining, especially in the snow and icy rain, it’s kind of in a dangerous spot. You can have animals or pets there, and there was no odor.

Loretta4 May 28, 2014

I think everything was excellent at Sunrise of Silver Spring. It’s a big facility. It seemed to be clean. There are lots of places to sit; you can sit outside or at the back. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. The rooms looked like what my sister needs. It was a very roomy place. We also went to the floor where people have dementia. The people there were just sort of looking around. That's because of their illness. The other floor looked like they were active. They were pretty friendly. Some of the residents spoke to me. One of the ladies said she organizes the bingo.

Caring82983350 April 26, 2014

My dad wanted to stay in Sunrise. They had games. They had places they could take them out on outings. The food was OK. I thought that the staff was very friendly. It was a very nice place. He was happy.

Caring73435550 April 11, 2014

Sunrise was perfect and my parents lived there before they passed away. They're very caring and affectionate towards the patients and they take excellent care of them. Of course it's very expensive. They were new and creative, every day there are options for two different dishes at each meal. They were served on linen tablecloths with linen napkins, it was lovely.

EdRizzo February 28, 2014

I went with my father to Sunrise. It was the nicest. It's more appropriate and it's lovely. We had lunch there. They showed us different apartments. It's very nice. They have all kinds of activities to do. They also have a library. So far it's the best thing that I've seen, and price-wise too. The staff was very helpful, cheerful, and very accommodating.

Denny2 September 25, 2013

It was a high-class and a very comfortable looking place. It had two or three meals a day. It had buildings with around seven floors. The lady that took us around was very nice. They had some interesting two-bedroom apartment with a patio. However, they were very expensive.

Nita2 January 24, 2013

Sunrise of Silver Spring is only 15 minutes away from us. It's built like a mansion. It does not look like an institution at all. You walk into the lobby and there's a concierge there to greet you. They have rooms on either side of main hallway for socializing. My father was able to get a suite of three rooms. He's being treated very kindly and they're very attentive to him. It's a very comfortable, homey environment and it does not at all give the appearance of an institution.

The dining room is served restaurant style. He has a menu to choose from when he wants to eat, and snacks are available, too. They also provide entertainment, although he doesn't partake much because he prefers to be by himself. The facility is almost luxurious. However, he has some hearing problems, so he sometimes misunderstand what people say, even me. Most of the care managers are non-native English speakers, so the accent makes it difficult for him.

brenna_bear May 29, 2012

I was surprisingly happy with this facility. I had always had a negative opinion of assisted living facilities because of horror stories I had heard on the news. My first visit to Sunrise, I was delighted by the elegance and decor in the lobby. I felt that this was a classy and upscale living facility. The apartments themselves were small, but clean and bright with large windows. The cafeteria was clean, neat and looked new. I enjoyed that there were landscaped places to sit outside. I enjoyed having tea there with my grandmother. There were often shuttles waiting outside of the main doors when I would arrive. These shuttles took residents on shopping trips and on entertainment outings. There was always something to do for the residents, whether trips by shuttle or activities planned in house. In the elevators were flyers for activities and social events happening nearly each evening. My grandmother, to my delight, never complained about the facility to me. She seemed to enjoy the workers and nurses that she came in contact with. I always liked visiting her at Sunrise Apartments, as it felt fresh, clean and welcoming to me. I liked that there was a sign-in for guests at the front desk. This helped me to feel that my grandmother was secure and protected while she lived here. The other residents I encountered seemed friendly and well-adjusted. I always saw smiles on their faces and they always recognized and said hello to my grandmother.

Quis88 April 18, 2012

Sun Rise Corporation have many different locations, but there is one in Silver Spring that is amazing. The shopping center is a bus ride away. The campus is just beautiful. They had and event every single time I was there that summer (2011). The staff is beyond nice and go out there way to ensure that everyone is comfortable. The nurses are very helpful. There was this one time I was lost in one of the building and a resident went out her way to see to it that I found my way. The facilities are well kept, there is nothing every out of place. The cafe had chef's all day, and when you walk into any of the buildings you could smell the food tempting your nostrils. I ate there on many occasions and the taste is better than the smell. The Residence there are busy around the clock, from walks, swimming pools, concerts, speakers, game rooms, etc. I loved this place and am happy I can comment

From Sunrise of Silver Spring

Just minutes from Route 495 and just off Route 29, north on New Hampshire Avenue in Silver Spring, Sunrise of Silver Spring sits in a beautifully landscaped setting in a residential neighborhood, adjacent to the White Oak Library and convenient to area shopping centers and hospitals. We pride ourselves in our dedication to our principles of service and in providing high quality care with dignity and respect.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can?t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you?ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Location of Sunrise of Silver Spring