Benchmark Senior Living at Shrewsbury Crossings

311 Main Street, Shrewsbury, MA, 01545

Reviews of Benchmark Senior Living at Shrewsbury Crossings

Robin42 February 03, 2015

Shrewsburg Crossings were able to take care of my mom even if she gets less able to take care of herself. The staff was very good. I like it because the memory unit is a small unit, and it looked good.

Thank you so much for sharing. We love what we do and are extremely proud of our team. Individualized care is one of our hallmarks as we strive to meet the distinct needs of each resident. Please feel free to contact the Executive Director (508-845-2101) if we can ever be of service to you and your family.

Caring95019550 October 06, 2014

My husband was placed at Shrewsbury Crossings last July. I like the size, the care, and the staff, and the food is tremendous there. We have been very pleased. Every after breakfast, they have a kind of community time with sing along and some exercises, memory things, and games, and he goes to that every day. The facility has a modern feel to it, but still you feel very much at home there. The staff were right on top of everything. The staff are very caring. They know all the people by name. I am just so pleased.

We take enormous pride in taking care of seniors throughout the aging experience. Statements such as yours mean everything to us as we take great pride in the trust families place in us. Please let us know if there is anything we can ever do to assist your and your family.

Caring91587050 August 27, 2014

Shrewsbury Crossings could meet all his medical needs. It is pretty, bright, airy, and clean. We’re pretty impressed with several of the people that I met and I thought that was good.

There was only one occasion where they didn’t know the answer. They gave me information that ended up being inaccurate and I expressed my dissatisfaction with that. Basically, they called a meeting immediately with me and three other people on the board to talk about the situation. We made a decision to put him there based on the information that they gave us, which ultimately ended not being accurate so we had to come up with plan B. The medical needs were met and the people who cared for him were very dedicated and very conscious in making sure his needs were met. To me, they did a very good job.

Thank you for sharing this feedback. Your opinion, as well as the quality of care our residents receive, is extremely important to us. Please contact the Executive Director regarding any concerns as it is our goal to customize care to the particular needs of each individual resident. Personalized care includes the ability to create positive communications on many levels. We love what we do and are extremely proud of our team. Caring for seniors is not just our purpose, it's our passion.

Poots May 30, 2014

I was very happy with Shrewsbury Crossings. They have a wonderful staff, very kind and caring. They are very attentive, too. It's a very nice facility, neat, smells fresh and clean. My dad is getting wonderful care since he has been there, so I am very happy with it overall. The quality of the food is very good. They have nice variety, and they bring around sample foods for the residents to choose from for their meals.

Paul33 April 11, 2014

My dad is in Shrewsbury Crossings. We selected it because we like the cleanliness, the price, and the friendly atmosphere. The place is just beautiful. We just know by looking at it that it is the place we want my dad in. The rooms are beautiful, perfect, and completely adequate. They have activities like exercise classes, art classes, and movie nights. They have puzzle rooms, and they have newspapers to read.

Caring66744650 January 30, 2014

Shrewsbury Crossings is very nice, it's a very manageable size. I don't know exactly the number of people in the regular wing which is the assisted living for people who require some assistance but can pretty much get themselves where they need to go. A lot of nice activities, very good staff, good training, very pretty facility and nice garden area.

They also have a memory unit which is called the Harbor Unit. It's a good unit if you need something like that. It wasn't perfect for my mother but it's hard to find what's perfect for an individual who has those kinds of needs. They're really good people. They work hard, they try to do everything right. Everybody makes mistakes now and again because they are human which is part of the good thing. They really did the best that they could to make her feel at home.

The individual apartments are small but very nice. Everybody has a nice view of the garden and nice activity spaces. It's very simple so that even people who have some level of memory loss don't get lost. They find their way around the unit very easily. I had placed my aunt there in the regular assisted living side which is why I knew of it and had a good feeling about it.

Caring874 June 23, 2013

We visited Shrewsbury Crossings and it was fine. Their surrounding environment was fine. There was a theater there. They also have activities there. I have no negative concern about it all. The staff we met were pleasant and very informative. Unfortunately, we couldn't afford this facility so we decided to stay put in the house.

Caring0620 June 12, 2013

We found Shrewsbury for my in laws. It's around 7 to 12 miles from our house so it's an easy commute. It had a lot of different floral arrangement and floral pictures and my mom in-law loved flowers. Peter, the one who toured us was very nice. We loved the place but the Elder Care services group, the one in charge of my in laws, feel they don't have to go yet.

kristin311 June 29, 2012

My coworkers father was living here for a few years, and on his birthday we all went after work so he could meet all the girls she always spoke about. The inside was nicer than others I have been too, but it still has that 'hospital' feel to it in some rooms. The apartments are decent sized and fairly well maintained. They are allowed pets if they want, which I think is a nice touch for the fact that for some, that is their only companion. The staff was nice, but nothing extraordinary. They seemed to do their jobs compitently and the residents didn't seem too bothered by them. The dining area was decent, but the food looked a bit sub par. But, that is probably typical 'dining hall/ hospital' type food. Assisted living facilities in general can seem a little lonely at times, but no one seemed too unhappy to be living there.

From Benchmark Senior Living at Shrewsbury Crossings

Independence, personalized care and companionship. Assisted living at Benchmark Senior Living at Shrewsbury Crossings in Shrewsbury, MA means helping seniors stay independent by providing 24-hour personal care in a socially active, dignified residential setting.

Residents enjoy attractive apartments, comfortable community rooms, a lovely outdoor patio and garden, and an ever-changing program of social and fitness activities. Assistance with activities of daily living -- such as bathing and dressing, along with medication monitoring -- is personally tailored to each resident's changing needs and is provided by a caring professional staff.

Benchmark Senior Living at Shrewsbury Crossings provides the best of both worlds -- the ability for seniors to remain independent in their own apartment, knowing that help is available 24 hours a day.

We are proud to offer a professionally-trained, licensed and caring staff who work with each resident, their family and their personal physician to develop a personal care plan.

The Gallery at Shrewsbury Crossings has changing art exhibits. Each quarter we open a new show with an Artist Opening reception and residents enjoy the work for three months. We feature a Student art exhibit in the winter, the Shrewsbury Artist Guild does their annual juried exhibition in conjunction with the Spirit of Shrewsbury Fall Festival and we have invitational exhibits in the Spring and Summer. Saint John's High School athletic field is our "front yard" we enjoy watching sporting activities including baseball and football. Our good neighbors also join in our community events with student musical performances and art exhibits.

Features of Benchmark Senior Living at Shrewsbury Crossings

• Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Staff patient ratio: based on acuity
  • Minimum age: None

• Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living
  • We offer financial aid