Brookdale Shreveport

7110 University Drive, Shreveport, LA, 71105

Reviews of Brookdale Shreveport

eagledriver November 17, 2014

I visited this facility. Very nice environment. Spacious. Clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. I would recommend to friends and family looking for placement for their loved one.

Keely1 November 15, 2014

I have had a professional relationship with Emeritus for many years. In the last year I have gained a new perspective from a personal relationship when a close friend's parents moved in. They are very happy at Emeritus & have had no difficulty making the transition from their private home to assisted living thanks to the kind,caring, and attentive staff at Emeritus. As a professional in the geriatric healthcare community, I have referred numerous families to Emeritus. In the many years I have made referrals, I have never received any negative feedback. It has been the preferred assisted living facility among our families.

asmartchick November 10, 2014

I'm seeing a lot of wonderful changes since this facility joined the Brookdale community. The staff is professional, attentive and helpful. The property is well maintained and getting a few updates. The memory care unit is designed for dementia patients and the caregivers are specially trained to work with people who have dementia. It's a nice place for aging parents to move into and get the extra help needed but remain active. They host a variety of activities and have a driver for physician appointments. The resident directors are very helpful and know how to make the transition easy.

Caring93137850 August 27, 2014

Everything was wonderful. The rooms were spacious. Emeritus would have been a great place, but it ended up that we could not afford it. The place would have been great. They liked it.

Robin32 July 20, 2014

My mother is in Emeritus. The people that run it are fabulous; they are very good. However, the people that work there are not good; their help is very poor. The night staff has been intimidating to my mother. Their menus are awful for seniors. I mean, they serve hotdogs and hamburgers. It is a terrible menu. The rooms are lovely. They are very nice. Overall, though, we are really concerned because, for the money that we pay, though they do offer different levels, they can't provide for the level that my mother needs.

Caring80841350 March 21, 2014

The experience was okay, but I didn't like Emeritus at all. It was outdated, it smelled like a nursing home, it didn't seem clean and it was very depressing. It's not a good place. The rooms were okay, but not very. The staff was probably lacking. Just the one person that we talked to looked okay. But even that was questionable. We're just turned off by it.

One of the staff members had visitors coming in had their car thumping and banging with that crazy music. The staff member was hanging inside the car and smoking. A lady in the memory care unit was banging on the door trying to get in. No staff members anywhere in sight. The only one that we saw was outside hanging into the window or talking to her boyfriend. I don't know. It was just awful.

They could improve on their facility, updating it, and cleaning it because it smells so nasty. They could improve on their activities. They shouldn't just have those people color with crayons and that's what they call their activities. That's definitely not a caring facility. And this was just not my opinion. There were five of us that went out and every one of us have the very same opinion of it. There was no way we're putting our parents there.

Yvonnie December 28, 2013

Mom was at Emeritus for over a month. They have some very nice people there and they do make them happy. I was there every day. But I am not a fan of memory care units and that's what Medicare/Medicaid won't pay for either. The place was different from where my mom's in right now. Their rooms were a whole lot bigger and was more like a hotel or apartment. There's a couch and a kitchenette area. You could put your double, queen or single bed depending on how much room you needed or wanted.

The living environment was nice and clean. They did activities as well. But they could improve on the food. Mom did get plenty of eggs in the morning. But she went back for the soup in the evening and there was absolutely no taste. When I asked them about it, they told me that those were the recipes they got from the home office and they couldn't even change it. But when my mom was there, she was happy and she wouldn't complain about the food.

Ebba October 09, 2013

I looked at several facilities and I picked Emeritus at Shreveport for my father. The place is very nice, clean, and updated. The staff are very good. They do bingo and they take the residents shopping. The rooms are very spacious. I would recommend this facility because my father is happy there, but they need to work on their food.

Racehorse October 03, 2013

I would never put anyone you love in Emeritus at Shreveport. Their nursing staff is the worse. My Father almost died there and no one called. I had to drive from out of town and take him to the emergency room and then they lied and said he had gone with a friend for a few days. Why lie!!!! He never went back and died in a month due to heart failure. Poorly managed and "don't care" attitude.

Risa1 September 30, 2013

Emeritus at Shreveport was a very nice place and I really like the people there, but we just could not afford it. The staff took us on a tour and showed the rooms and the dining area and pretty much everything that they have. Everything looked good, looked clean. I would have no complaints. As a matter of fact if I had to pick at all the places I have seen, I would have picked this facility.

PhilipH1 July 06, 2012

My grandmother received very nice care at Kingsley Place (Emeritus at Shreveport). It was best to visit her frequently (because it shows the employees you care and would notice anything improper), and she seemed to receive certainly more than adequate care. The workers would remember me by name, greet me very warmly, and always be able to tell me where my grandmother was; I would recommend Kingsley Place, but as with any elder care service, keeping the workers accountable is key.

bettyOla April 02, 2012

I put my dad there and we paid for a higher level of care for him which we didn't get. I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone. They people there are nice at first as long as you are doing it their way but don't buck the system.

dream2011 December 03, 2011

We put my father in law here because I could no longer handle caring for him and to date (less than 3 months) they have misplaced his laundry, when he does get his clothes the whites are a dingy grey, he has had 2 new sets of sheets stolen (or misplaced???) when he first moved in they were holding his pill packs and weren't giving him his meds. Now he keeps his own meds.I prepare his pill packs and always have been. We're paying for level 2 care when he receives no care. For the price they could do a little more than what they do.

lilladybug1999 September 29, 2011

The facility wasn't to bad. The people were really nice when you could finally get someone. They made my great grandmother happy for her time there so in return that made me happy. The facility I feel could have been kept a little more organized and cleaner, but I guess thats not always possible. They never messed up her medication like the previous place so that was a major plus for our family. We almost lost her when they were doubling her meds at the previous housing we had her in. Anywho I would recommend this place to others, because even thou they are there, they allow the patients to still feel some independance.

Daughter223 July 28, 2011

My mother has only been at Kingsley for two weeks -- she personally is having a very hard time but most of the staff are going the extra mile to try and make this her home.

From Brookdale Shreveport

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Location of Brookdale Shreveport