Azalea Estates of Shreveport

516 East Flournoy Lucas Road, Shreveport, LA, 71115

Reviews of Azalea Estates of Shreveport

Bryn Family October 29, 2014

My mother moved into Azaleas Estates and her comment was why did i wait so long to get here. We as her family did check other places, but once we entered Azalea, we knew this was the place. The caregivers are outstanding along with the entire staff. This is such a careing and loveing place. My mom loves being 'treated like a queen' is her quote. From the acitivites, excercise programs, shopping assistance and of course the beauty shoppe, she is at home and loving it. Thanks to the entire staff of Azalea to making my moms life so wonderful. I would recomend Azalea highly and over other Assited Living communities in the area. They are the best

Robin32 July 20, 2014

Azalea was very good for assisted living. They had very nice apartments. They're very well kept. All residents seemed very happy. Overall, Azalea was very nice. It was a very clean and professionally run facility. The people there were very friendly.

Caring80841350 March 21, 2014

Azalea Estates is great. I really like it. As soon as we walked in, it's very homey and very welcoming. Although it was an older place, it was very well-kept and updated. The rooms were small, but very nice. They have exercises, swimming, bingo, bean bag baseball, all kinds of holiday parties. So they have Valentine's party, Mardi Gras party, and they sing all the time. We just moved our parents in this week. It's just the right place. I think more weekend night staff would probably be helpful.

Butterfly Queen January 31, 2014

I am a Catholic Nun and worked on a volunteer basis for five years as a Gerontologist and Body Mind Spirit, Soul Coach Counselor while in Shreveport. I'm now working in Italy but what a beautiful and welcomlng place Azalea Estates is! Great, Caring Staff as well. I taught Courses on Aging and attended many of their programs and consider them more than a FIVE STAR deal. Azalea is a place where elders are loved as they are. Where Christians of all Faiths unite in mind and heart and have the greatest respect for each other. Love and kindness is found there and everyone of the residents feel loved by the staff. They rate very high in my books.

Ebba October 09, 2013

We had lunch at Azalea Estates and the food was excellent. The facility is very nice and modern. The staff were very nice and knowledgeable. The only problem I had was their location.

Dana7 August 28, 2013

My visit to Azalea Estates was okay. This facility was very neat and clean. The surrounding was very nice. Their activities were fine. They have entertainment for their residents. They also have church services. The day that we were there they were having some type of concert where a pianist would be performing that afternoon. Their apartments though were way too small for me. I'm in a powerchair and I couldn't even go into the kitchenette.

SSOMathies July 12, 2013

After sustaining a fall early May 2013, it became necessary to move my elderly Aunt into assisted living. Although the size of this facility is small compared to others in the area, the staff could not have been more supportive in working out a plan to accommodate her needs. They are always available/willing to respond to questions. They interact well with her/me & contacts are always positive. With Beauty Shop on-site, there is no need for her to leave the facility for hair/nail services. After only 2 months, she has made friends with other residents & is very happy in her new home. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone who’s loved one needs assisted living services offered by a caring/devoted staff.

Cora Lee Anderson April 10, 2013

Everytime I visit Azalea Estates you can feel the happiness of the residents. Everyone is so caring.

Linda42 April 10, 2013

The staff is really nice. The facility is well-kept and clean. The rooms are pretty spacious. My mother has a small appartment with a kitchen area and a bathroom. I haven't tried the food, but my mother tells me it is ok, but not the best. They have activities such as bean-bag baseball and bingo. Most of the people who live there seem to be happy. I would recommend this facility to others.

Susan Hughes March 20, 2013

How many ways are there to count the blessings I have received from Lorrie, Beth and the staff at Azalea Estates. I am the niece of a resident and I can literally sleep at night knowing she is cared for 24 hrs a day. She loves to be able to go to the dining room and play games and have all the visitors that entertain the residents. My aunt has memory problems and has recently experienced a hospitalization Lorrie and her staff call the appropriate help and got her to the hospital and called me with each step. You see I live in New Waverly, TX and still work so it is hard for me to drive the 250 miles in a few minutes to see to her needs. The Azalea Estates is a small intimate facility so much like her home and not a nursing home. The staff and the other residents are pleasant, prepared and capable of making this her home not just a place to live. I can never thank them enough for what they do.

MattW March 18, 2013

When you picture your loved one (in my case, my mother) living anywhere other than their home or your home, that picture absolutely HAS to be a great one.

The atmosphere at Azalea Estates is homey, beautiful, clean, and comfortable.

Our first visit here came after visiting several other assisted living facilities in the Shreveport area. My first impression was: "where do we sign up and how soon can my mother move in?"

A complete tour, more information, and the staff that helped us only made me more eager for my mother to live here.

I was not eager to see my mother living anywhere but home. Azalea Estates was the first and only place we had considered that eased my mind about her doing so.

During her stay, I found myself becoming more and more at ease with her new home. The other residents were very welcoming, very helpful, and eager to be friends. They were genuinely concerned about other residents and seemed as willing to assist their fellow residents as did the staff members themselves.

I found the care staff to be very responsible, very responsive to my particular, individual concerns, very patient, and very personable.

My mother only left Azalea because she required secure memory care. The day that she left Azalea was a very sad one for me. Had Azalea Estates had the facility to provide secure memory care, my mother would still be there today.

I continue to visit Azalea Estates from time to time. In a relatively short time, my mother and I developed some friendships that are very memorable.

Lorrie, Beth, all of you at Azalea - "Thank You!" so very much for making my mother's first assisted living experience so much better than I ever thought it could be! In my position, and being as particular as I am, I did not expect to be so satisfied, so comfortable, and so at peace, in my mind, with a different "home" for my mother. A "home", however, it was... in every sense of the word!

MDavis March 18, 2013

My grandmothers has been so happy here for over a year. She feels very safe, comfortable, and well-cared for in this setting. The quality of the employees, facility maintenance, programming, and meal services are excellent.

Pamb1255 March 18, 2013

My Mom lived at Azalea Estates for almost 3 years. We would not have had her in any other place in the world! Lorrie and the entire staff always treated Mom and all of US like family! They loved my Mom and she loved them. They took such good care of her, more then we could of ever asked. Always above and beyond the call of duty with her. They truly care about the residents and their families and it shows in everything they do.

asmartchick March 14, 2013

This facility has a host of well coordinated activities that their residents really enjoy. It gives them a sense of community and its well managed.

TinaHollowell March 14, 2013

My mom and mother in law both live at Azalea Estates of Shreveport. I could not ask for better care, staff, or management! They have been so good to my loved ones and go above and beyond to make it feel like home to the residents....great holiday decorations and partys. Lots of activities for the residents to choose from each day...we are very comfortable with the loving care that our parents receive at Azalea Estates.

water rat March 14, 2013

My dad lived at Azalea Estates and he loved it. He was a pistol and needed alot of activities to keep him busy, and Azalea was able to provide it. One of the best aspects of Azalea Estates is that the staff is able to provide for the needs of the residents, ensure their safety, and at the same time not take away from the residents their sense of independence.

jowers March 04, 2013

My husband and I were invited to bring our classic car a 56 Chevy to their Sock Hop. I must say we had as much fun as the residents did. Many of the residents had their picture made with our car. We enjoyed talking to them as they were reminising back to the 50's. The Sock hop was so much fun with a band residents dancing and having so much fun. They also brought in a group of dancers who put on a good show. The activity director did a great job planning this. The Executive directors along with many other employess joined in the fun. I was very impressed how close the residents were to the directors and staff. I was able to visit with some of the residents and they told me how great the food, care and entertainment is there.

patleoftw August 21, 2012

my grandmother and grandfather lived there, the grounds are very nice and large enough for people to wander around. the main area was also the dinning room which was very nice. they had a very nice activity director that seemed to really care about the residents. the staff was curtious and very helpful. all the rooms are furnished with a half kitchen and full bathroom. the rooms are well laid out and the bedroom had enough space for a king sized bed. i liked this place alot and would suggest it to anyone looking to find a assisted living home for theyre loved ones. if theyre was anything i didnt like it would have to be that its placed directly on a main road and it can be very loud for resisdents at night because of the many trucks or eighteen wheelers passing by late at night. either way its a very nice well laid out place.

From Azalea Estates of Shreveport

Azalea Estates is Shreveport's finest Assisted Living and Retirement Community situated on 5 acres located on E. Flournoy Lucas Road just off of the Inner Loop Expressway. We have 60 private suites with a choice from studios to 1 bedroom or 1 bedroom deluxe.

Providing the care and services that helps seniors stay active and independent in a homelike, residential setting, the mission Azalea Estates is dedicated to. In partnership with family and loved ones, we are committed to promoting the freedom of choice, protecting the privacy, ensuring the dignity, and providing for the safety for each of our residents. Most importantly, this overall philosophy of caring is "whole-personal" oriented, taking into consideration all physical, mental, social, and spiritual needs.

• Situated on 5 landscaped acres
  • Assistance with activities of daily living as needed
  • Structured on one level - no elevators or stairs
  • Utilities (excluding telephone) and basic cable included in monthly rent
  • No long-term financial obligation
  • Small pets welcome
  • Daily exercise classes
  • Private and secure medication monitoring system
  • 3 full meals offered daily with menu selections, served restaurant-style
  • Designated area for private dining/parties; in-house catering available
  • Easy and safe access showers with grab bars
  • Courtesy transportation Monday - Friday for local doctors visits
  • Private suites with a choice of 3 floor plans; all with private bath, kitchen/kitchenette, thermostat, and closet space.
  • Screened porch for gathering and relaxation
  • Library with cds, tapes and large print books
  • State-of-the-art emergency response system with dual access, emergency response system: pull cord and personal pendant

Azalea Estates of Shreveport was designed, developed and is still owned and managed by the original owners with over 75 years of combined senior living experience. Azalea Estates was built with their own families and friends in mind. No other senior community can compare to the lifestyle, features, amenities and outstanding value that Azalea Estates offers each resident. We invite you to come and experience our Community.

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Azalea Estates of Shreveport

• Diabetic
  • Kosher
  • Low fat
  • Low salt
  • Renal
  • Vegetarian

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• State License(s): 11639