Timbers of Shorewood

1100 N. River Road, Shorewood, IL, 60404

Reviews of Timbers of Shorewood

stayingyoung July 12, 2015

I love The Timbers of Shorewood! My dad is having the time of his life. He has a new lease and outlook on life. After my mom passed I didn't think he would be happy again. The Timbers has been a great decision. He is happy! The staff and management of The Timbers go above and beyond for the seniors who live there. They know every senior by name and they all smile and I like that. Thank you to the entire staff for making my Dad's life mean something again. You guys do the best work.

Gracieloo June 30, 2015

I was able to use the Timbers of Shorewood for a short term stay first. This helped my Dad see what this facility had to offer on a short stay. To my surprise Dad extended his stay and loved the social aspect (he was lacking this at home for sure) so much after a month and 1/2 he signed up to stay permanent at Timbers of Shorewood. We were so excited that my Dad now goes to the dance that has a full orchestra playing, the trips to Starve Rock for lunch and a show and so much more. We are so relieved that he has found a second life at the Timbers. I love all the staff and when we toured initially they were so knowledgeable and helpful. Everything they told us was true and happened. I would recommend this community and have done so many times. Thank you Timbers for all you do!

AllyPHC June 30, 2015

My Mom has lived here for well over 6 years, and both my Mom, and my family are very pleased with the care, the staff and overall Timbers experience. It is like a huge family here. The staff knows every resident's name, they treat everyone that walks in these doors as family. There have been times with my Mom that assisted services were needed and provided, and the staff has always gone above and beyond. Their entertainment is above and beyond anywhere else we have been and the way that they engage my Mom to keep her social and to give her a reason to get up every morning, is beyond anything we could have hoped for. They did this from the very beginning, when my Mom only wanted to go home. Now, my Mom can't wait for the next activity and to come down for meals to see the friends she has made. Overall, we are very pleased with the staff and the community itself and the communication between staff and family. We highly recommend this community to anyone interested.

familyofformerres March 16, 2015

We are relatives of a former resident of the Timbers. Our advice to you is BEWARE!!! The first years at the Timbers were good, but as our loved aged and health declined things went downhill. As more care was need at additional costs, it was not always provided. Escorts were not always provided, amount of laundry and number of items in laundry not equaling number of days of between service, charts not initialed, monitor not always on them, and illnesses not noticed nor reported to us even with them providing two hour wellness checks. Over the last three years, we met with staff on a number of occasions, the managers, and even called the owner twice. Things would get better, then decline again. In the four months before we moved our loved one, there were TWO different illnesses that required extended hospital stays (a total 19 days) and care at a rehab facility (a total of 138 days). Neither time was either of the illnesses reported to us nor noticed by the staff. When I mentioned his condition while picking up a few things at the Timbers, two staff members said they notice he was not well; but neither called us nor reported it to anyone else there. We noticed and called his doctor both times. Both illnesses had progressed into a second more serious stage. One requiring two different antibiotics being administered in ER at the same time at a rapid speed to counter the infections. After the first hospital stay and before the second (occurring only 18 days apart), we had to bring in an independent agency with a nurse to visit a couple times a week, and rehab staff a couple of times a week. Even in ICU for the second hospital stay, they could not believe the sores our loved one had that had not been treated nor reported to us. You can imagine the pain and confusion our loved one endured being ill and being moved from one facility to another that many times in that short a period of time. Needless to say, we will not recommend this facility to anyone without letting them know our experience. I HAD to give the Timbers one star to get my review posted.

Carol96449150 October 25, 2014

We move our parents today at Timbers, and we are moving their furniture there now. We consider it because my mom's brother is there, and their room has a full size kitchen with a stove, a refrigerator, and an oven. They have amenities like a workout and exercise room. They have a lot of different activities like sing-a-long and games.

The surrounding is very nice. There is walking path, which is beautiful. The inside is also very nice. It is a very nice place, and the staff is quick to respond.

Mbphony724 July 24, 2012

My sister and myself decided to move our mother in to a assisted living home, after she had suffered a fall which was quite scary since she lived alone after our fathers passing two years ago. Both of us living in the Chicago area we wanted a facility in between both us, so we could visit on the weekends. We looked around a few places and then we found Timbers of Shorewood. My sister and I visited the first time together to check it out. The staff was very informative, helpful, and caring for the residents. The logging was nice and seemd right for a elderly person. A week later we then visited with our mother who was against the whole idea to begin with began to feel comfortable at Shorewoods. She met some of the nurses and staff and really seemed to be comfortable, which was my sister and mines main concern. We moved her in 3 weeks later, and this was about two years ago. Overall Timbers of Shorewood is a great place for our mother I feel very grateful to the staff at Shorewoods.

From Timbers of Shorewood

The Timbers of Shorewood presents its residents with the opportunity to live as full a life as they wish. A resident can create a day as exhilarating – or as soothing – as he or she wishes. The word “choices” applies to just about everything, and at the Timbers, there is an abundance of appealing options.

Take dining options … The Shorewood Forest Restaurant features a full service menu designed by a nutritionist and our own residents. Meals are served with full table service, and residents may dine when they wish and sit at the table of their choice. Daily specials complement an extensive menu with more than 40 choices for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Dining is just one feature, and there are many more. There are assisted living services if and when they are needed. Books are delivered from the renowned Shorewood-Troy Library. Complementary transportation is available to appointments, the grocery store and the shopping mall. If going out is taxing, you can stay at the Timbers and still get hairstyling or a haircut, visit the podiatrist, see the doctor or enjoy a massage.

Events and activities abound. From attending a ballroom dance to enjoying a concert in the park, from a current events lecture to an art exhibit, there are things to do. If you don’t want to partake in the plethora of events, that’s fine, too. A day reading the paper and napping can be as pleasurable as going to the Senior Prom, chaperones and all.

The point is … Your life at the Timbers is custom made – by you!

Features of Timbers of Shorewood

• Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• General store
  • Hiking trails
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Awake staff 24/7

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Healthy cooking classes

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• We charge an entry fee
  • Monthly rent is all inclusive

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 62