Twin Cedars Senior Living

364 Little Walker Road, Shohola, PA, 18458

Reviews of Twin Cedars Senior Living

kathywieb November 27, 2015

My mother was a resident of Twin Cedars for 3 years and every time I went to visit her she was content and happy. The place was always clean, food excellent and well balanced. The residents were taken on little outings to site see or maybe go out for lunch and of course The Creamery which is a local ice cream parlor. Every week there were events for them to enjoy and a beauty parlor in house so they could get their hair done right there. I would recommend this facility to anyone and one day maybe I will be there also.

wista5958 November 23, 2015

The best care for your money! They go the extra mile for your loved one. Also, their clothes don't disappear as was the case in other facilities. They actually have a range of daily activities for the residents. A definite plus is the range of Seniors needing care; the more mentally capable ones tend to help keep an eye on ones with dementia. This is definitely a Senior Home I would recommend!

j doherty November 21, 2015

Twin Cedars Senior Living is a top notch, nurturing senior care facility.

My family and I trust Tamara and her team of qualified caregivers with my father's health and well being on a daily basis.

My dad has been a resident of Twin Cedars for a few years now and suffers with severe memory loss coupled with declining mobility; knowing he is in safe and secure environment with these ailments has been paramount.

Twin Cedars truly enjoys taking care of our loved ones. Thanks TC.

StephanieL November 20, 2015

I guided my Aunt to this lovely facility after the loss of her husband, and injury to herself as a result of that loss. I will be honest. At the time, the proximity of Twin Cedars to our family was a major contribution to my decision. Thank God! Of course, she did not want to be there; none of our elders want to leave their home, but over time the personal relationship built by the loving and accepting nurses and caregivers brought her into the Twin Cedars family. My Aunt was not easy to get along with; stubborn would be a kind word. There is really not enough room here to speak of all the wonderful support this Assisted Living Facility provides. Suffice to say, it is more like a late 50's early 60's boarding house. Residents are given 3 squares ( the food is good!) and a warm and safe place to sleep. They can roam, if they so desire. They can play computer games or email family. They can watch TV, they go to town every once in a while, they can enjoy the grounds which, in summer, appear exactly as pictured. The porch you see in the promotional picture is usually full of residents in the summer months. There is a rear sun porch available(behind the wing you see to the right) Spiritual support is provided.

As I said, there is not enough room here to say all the good things, but I need to say this. The Administrator, Tamara, is one of the most caring and wonderful women I have met in my lifetime. Yes, she is a businesswoman, but she cares, she really cares, and she is there, always, when you OR your loved one needs her.

dv50 November 20, 2015

I placed my mother here a little more than a year ago and am very happy with my decision. The nurses and care givers are very patient and attentive. It has a "home" environment as opposed to a hospital feel. The food is good and they do their best to make sure the residents have daily activities.

Lori Strelecki November 14, 2015

The most impressive thing about Twin Cedars, to me, has always been the relaxed atmosphere in which the Seniors go about their day to day. I guess it just feels like a home rather than a "facility". The residents seem genuinely content and the staff have a great rapport with the seniors. Happy and well cared for best describes the residents at Twin Cedars.

Thomas111419150 August 14, 2015

Twin Cedars is small, it is quiet, and my mom likes it. They do small activities for her, so she is comfortable there. She is in a single room, and it is very nice. Around the place, they have a little porch that they sit on. It is not in the middle of the city or anything, so it is nice. She is older, so she doesn't really like doing a lot of the bigger activities. She does some of the smaller ones like art and stuff like that. The food is pretty good, and she likes it.

Tom21 June 13, 2013

I chose Twin Cedars Senior Living because it was almost like a big home. It doesn't look like a hospital or an office building. This is similar to the kind of lifestyle that my father-in-law was accustomed to. It looks like a big ranch. It's really a nice setting. Basically, when you walk in there, there is a big main area and then there's three wings that go off of that. Each wing has different rooms, single occupancy or double occupancy, depending on what you want. They also have a dining room. The food is excellent. They post meals for the week and they're good balanced meals. They've got activities everyday for the residents. They also offer transportation for residents to go places. The staff do a real nice job of keeping in touch with us. If something changes, they'll call you. We have not been unhappy at all with this place.

From Twin Cedars Senior Living

Twin Cedar's is a small assisted living facility offering 24 hour personalized care and supervision with all the comforts of home! Our home is located on 16+ acres in a tranquil country setting and is furnished with cozy antiques and enriched artwork, which promotes an ideal atmosphere for relaxation and peace of mind. At Twin Cedar’s we are committed to the health, comfort and safety of our residents. Our goal is to provide quality care for those staying long term, short term or for those receiving adult day care services.

Twin Cedar's offers private, deluxe private and companion suites, each with its own private bathroom. The spacious living and dining areas overlook endless blueberry groves and the beauty of the Pocono countryside. Our outdoor decks connect paved garden paths, meandering past fountains, picnic tables and benches. Our residents enjoy daily sightings of wildlife including bear, deer, and wild turkeys viewed from their bedroom windows!

Our Owner/Licensed Administrator actually lives on site and is available for any concerns the residents or their family members might have, or for any medical emergencies. Our Owner is also available to provide back up assistance to on-duty staff 24/7 and pops in regularly to ensure that operations are running smoothly. Family members will see the Owner hands-on around the community during “off” hours as families feel comforted knowing that the Owner is keeping a close eye on their loved ones.

Assisted Living Services:

• Personalized care and assistance with activities of daily living
  • Medication Administration
  • Three delicious meals served daily in our elegant dining room
  • Snacks and beverages throughout the day
  • Caring staff on-site 24 hours
  • Professional nurse available or on call 24 hours
  • Hourly safety checks
  • Valet laundry & housekeeping services
  • Daily towel service and weekly linen services
  • Recreational, social, physical, creative, educational/cultural, spiritual activities
  • Home visits by a geriatric physician
  • Wellness visits from nurse
  • Arrangement of additional healthcare services and diagnostic testing

Assisted Living Amenities:

• Fully furnished private, deluxe private and companion suites are available
  • Complimentary in-house telephone and message service
  • Beautiful landscaped grounds with paved walking paths
  • Cozy library and computer room
  • Central air conditioning and heating
  • Webcam & Skye available for families to communicate with residents
  • Several outdoor porches and decks
  • Exercise and Fitness area
  • On-site beauty salon
  • Private dining room
  • Spacious community room for events, movies and lectures
  • Ample on-site parking
  • Religious services provided by our chaplain
  • Owner/Operator lives on site

Other Services Available:

• Guest meals
  • Levels of Care
  • Private transportation to doctors appointments available
  • Overnight guest accommodations
  • Long distance telephone service and internet services
  • Cable television services
  • Physical, occupational and speech therapy

DINING PROGRAM

You will experience three deliciously prepared nutritious meals served daily in our elegant dining room setting. Our skilled and knowledgeable chefs prepare home-cooked country style cuisine.

At Twin Cedar’s we meet the needs of the elderly with care, compassion and commitment.

We are an affordable choice, and roughly 20% less than our competitors in the area. We do not sacrifice quality of care due to our lower pricing. At Twin Cedars we offer the best care at the best price!

Features of Twin Cedars Senior Living

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Psychiatric care
  • Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Hiking trails
  • 24-hour security gate
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Minimum memory care rate: $2,640/month