Elmcroft of Sherwood

9880 Brockington Road, Sherwood, AR, 72120

Reviews of Elmcroft of Sherwood

Earnestine May 23, 2015

A family member is at Elmcroft of Sherwood. The thing that I liked most about the place is how nice and caring the people are. We chose a regular apartment, and it was adequate. The food is delicious. With their activities, he goes to work out in the gym area every day. They have a pool table. The place is very homey.

Susan100814850 February 21, 2015

We decided to place my brother in Elmcroft of Sherwood. He is mentally ill, and the price has gone up to more than his monthly income, so it's really too expensive, but they're working with us and keeping it below his monthly income. I would recommend it because they give a personal touch to their clients. They meet his needs. With his mental illness, he requires some different handling than most of their clients, and they are willing to do that. For instance, the fire drill is very difficult for him, and the director goes and stands with him during the fire drill. I've never eaten their food, but my brother is satisfied with it. He is in assisted living, but he doesn't really need all of that nursing care, so I was hoping to get him into the independent care.

Caring95201350 September 10, 2014

My visit at Elmcroft was fine, and I enjoyed it. The staff was quite realistic. I only saw one room, and it was not going to be large enough, but it was fine. There was a religious service going on as part of the activities, and when I went there they were signing up for an upcoming craft.

Caring82125350 April 02, 2014

The first thing I noticed is Elmcroft was gorgeous and beautiful, it was nice; it's assisted living. It's apartments, and they're up to date. They give them a lot of independence. But there's not nearly enough staff to take care of people like my mother. They can have microwaves and refrigerators. Mom has two refrigerators, but mom doesn't need a microwave because she'll put it on for 30 minutes instead of 30 seconds. They have what they call a courtyard. The building is built in a square, so they can go out and be in the courtyard but not escape.

They have physical therapy there. They have a beauty shop where they can get their hair done, and also they do shopping trips. One thing that they do there is they try to find out what their dream was like, what did you always wished you could do. One lady always wished she could paint like an artist, and they brought somebody in to do an art class and let everybody do their own picture.

Gezarik January 06, 2012

The facility is very clean and nicely appointed. The entry area is not just a facade like other places but truely an inviting area and carried through out the facility. If you are contemplating coming here or looking for a place for a loved one, it would be very difficult to find a nicer facility or a more helpful staff.

From Elmcroft of Sherwood

Recognized by the Wall Street Journal as one of the 10 best cities in the US, Sherwood is a quiet, hometown neighborhood with all the amenities of an active city. Elmcroft of Sherwood is an assisted living community offering accommodations for those who may require assistance in their daily living activities. It is staffed 24 hours a day with trained healthcare personnel and offers as much or as little care as a resident may want or need. In addition, Elmcroft of Sherwood has a licensed Healthcare Director on call 24 hours a day.

Each apartment includes all meals and basic utilities as part of the monthly fee. Also, residents enjoy daily activities, private dining room for family and guests, library and sitting areas, bistro and billiard activity room, housekeeping services and many other amenities. Other services include a beauty/barber shop for a nominal fee.

Elmcroft of Sherwood is truly a great place to live and work and is proud to be a part of the Sherwood, Arkansas community.

Features of Elmcroft of Sherwood

• Technology extra: Emergency call system

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• Physical therapy

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 60

• Licenses: Assisted Living I
  • State License(s): 017

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Elmcroft of Sherwood