Benchmark at Split Rock

708A Bridgeport Avenue, Shelton, CT, 06484

Reviews of Benchmark at Split Rock

Fred28 April 18, 2015

We visited Benchmark at Split Rock, and it was excellent. We liked the level of care and the level of independence. We thought the rooms were excellent. One of the features that we appreciated was the locking medical supply safe where the nurse could come in and open it. The facilities were clean. There were no odors. The person who assisted us -- Mariane -- was excellent. We liked her very much. We thought that our tour was not too long. It was light. The rooms were big, and we thought the food was very good. Overall, we had a very positive feel of putting my dad there. They offered a very wide range of activities.

One of the many benefits of being a senior living company is the ability to create moments that wow our customers. Thanks for your kind words! Please let us know (203.929.1111) if there is anything we can ever do to assist you and your family.

Wayne13 February 09, 2015

Benchmark at Split Rock was very nice. I liked the setup in the lobby. I also liked the hallways. They did not look like a hotel. I was more comfortable going through them. The rooms were very nice. The staff that showed us around was very helpful. She showed us everything in the facility, and she answered all of our questions. We were very happy. This was our second choice. I think they were one of the best. I really liked the facility. I would highly recommend it.

Thank you so much for sharing. Statements such as yours mean everything to us as we take great pride in the trust families place in us. Please feel free to contact the Executive Director (203-929-1111) if we can ever be of service to you and your family.

Caring100878150 January 24, 2015

Benchmark Senior Living was too expensive, but it was a nice facility. The rooms were very nice. The staff was pleasant. They have a bus that took them shopping, it’s very clean, and it was a brand new facility.

Thank you so much for your experience with us. Caring for seniors is not just our purpose, it's our passion. Please let us know (203.929.1111) if there is ever anything we can ever do to assist you and your family.

Caring98944350 December 23, 2014

When we visited Split Rock (Benchmark Senior Living at Split Rock), it was being built. It wasn't ready. It was a new facility. The staff was informative though. The rooms looked nice, but they have just opened the place up. They didn't have the experience having people in there yet. I like the place. I thought it was going to be very good. It was also very clean.

Thank you for your kind words. We take enormous pride in taking care of seniors throughout the aging experience. Please let us know (203.929.1111) if there is ever anything we can do for you and your family

Caring98093450 December 14, 2014

My dad has been in Benchmark at Split Rock for a couple of months now. The rooms are new. They are only six months old. Everything is beautiful and bright. They have activities all day long. They have exercise every day. They have movies at night. There is a walking path you can go on. They have classes,and they have games. There is a lot to do. The staff is very friendly, and they take care of my dad as if he is family. I think they are great. We love it.

My dad is very hesitant in wanting to move into an assisted living facility, but once he walks in and feels the mood of the place, he is just so happy there, and that is the best decision he made. It is not dreary at all. The people that work there are really friendly. They make you feel at home and very welcome. The food is very good. He loves the food. It is worth looking into. It changed my dad's life for the better.

Your words mean everything to us! Thank you so much for sharing. We love what we do and are extremely proud of our team. Individualized care is one of our hallmarks as we strive to meet the distinct needs of each resident. Please let us know (203.929.1111) if there is anything we can ever do to assist you and your father with this transition.

Caring86971250 June 19, 2014

Mom will be moving to Benchmark at Split Rock. We chose this for her because it's close to my place. It seemed like a good facility, and the people are happy. It's a brand new building, and everything seems very high end. They have lot of activities, and I think my mom will be very happy there. Their food was also pretty good.

From Benchmark at Split Rock

Set at the heart of it all, Benchmark at Split Rock welcomes you to connect – with friends, with nature, with your passions and your talents. Our brand new, state-of-the-art community will be a place where innovation and tradition meet.

Nestled among the shops and restaurants at Split Rock, we are just a short drive from the ocean waters of the Connecticut coastline. We’re a part of it all, and just a few miles away from all the nearby things you want to experience.

Our residents will be able to enjoy all the comforts of senior living in Shelton, CT while their loved ones can be assured they are receiving the level of care that best meets their needs with traditional assisted living services or our specialized memory care program.

Newly developed property, state of the art design and features, key partnerships with providers facilitates increase supportive services to residents, for example: Physical Therapy, on site Doctor Suite, Beauty Spa, WiFi access throughout, etc.

Features of Benchmark at Split Rock

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• 24-hour security gate
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft

• Private services

• Staff patient ratio: 6 to 1
  • Minimum age: 55

• Licenses: CT ALSA Licences

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Benchmark at Split Rock