Sunrise of Shelby Township

46471 Hayes Road, Shelby Township, MI, 48315

Reviews of Sunrise of Shelby Township

Alice117282150 November 30, 2015

Sunrise of Shelby Township was more like a quaint home where everybody was together. It looked very nice.

Gray1 November 22, 2015

Sunrise was a very nice facility; it was our second choice. The staff seemed attentive to the residents. It had an old-fashioned, colonial feel to it. Someone was playing the guitar when we visited, and they have cards, bingo, and some exercise equipment. The dining room was nice, and the menu had a wide variety to choose from plus daily specials.

Caring112059150 September 07, 2015

We visited Sunrise Of Shelby Township. It was a very nice facility. They evaluated my mother and deemed her necessary for memory care, but they did not have an opening for memory care. Nevertheless, they had great activities, and it was a great place.

Anonymous108425950 June 15, 2015

They were really good at Sunrise of Shelby Township. The hallways and the dining room were beautiful, but the apartments were not as nice. The lady who gave us the tour was very nice.

Greg22 March 31, 2015

I have already got one for my aunt, and she is already set. Sunrise is very nice, and the services are excellent. They have friendly staff and excellent services, and there are plenty of things for them to do. My aunt loves the food as well.

RedWingsFan February 23, 2015

Sunrise is nice place. It's clean and comfortable. The staff is caring and enthusiastic. My relative lives in the Reminiscence Neighborhood (memory care) and I feel that she is safe. She is quite content. The staff spent a lot of time getting to know her and they went out of their way to make her fit in and feel at home. They are aware of her strengths and work those in to her daily routine. They also know her likes and dislikes. There are many activities to do. But the residents do not have to do them all. They have things to do for a wide range of abilities and offer frequent entertainment. The food is very good. They also have a cat and dog there, which the residents seem to like. The drawbacks are that it is a little pricey there and there is limited parking.

Linda3865 June 17, 2014

I have my mom in now at Sunrise of Shelby Township. She moved in a month ago. The facility is very good. It's approximately only 3 miles from my house, so that's a good thing. Everybody working there is very kind and very caring. The place is clean and well taken care of. My mom has only a bedroom by herself. She shares a bathroom with another lady, though. Some people have much bigger rooms, and some people have smaller rooms. Their activities are pretty good. They have it all signed up for one month ahead of time so you know what's going to be going on. They have outings, and you can go out if you want.

Caring72278950 May 27, 2014

Sunrise is very beautiful but pricey. It’s fairly new, and it has a beautiful building. When you walk in the lobby there’s a very nice coffee bar for the people, and any time, they can sit down. They have a separate sitting room for those in memory care, and lights on the ceiling for them to meditate.

Carolyn30 December 29, 2013

I really like Sunrise of Shelby Township. The staff was great. I saw their activity schedule. I walked around their dining room. I walked around outside. They had really nice facility and places for the residents to go outside. I really like that.

Leelee627 December 03, 2013

My family and I looked into Sunrise of Shelby for about a month, before making the very difficult decision, to place her there. The sales associate was wonderful; we made a deposit and were planning on moving mom in this week. Unfortunately, we were notified a day before move in, that they no longer could accept mom, for reasons they couldn't "really disclose". Had we known there was any potential of this happening, we would have been prepared, and looked for other options or had a back-up plan. But now we are in a very bad crisis situation due to Sunrise. Sunrise let my family down greatly, and wasted a lot of our very valuable time as well. Again, this is something that has been a sure thing for a week now and we are still confused as to how this could have happened. Again, Sunrise never notified us of mom being 'denied' and of this being a potential situation at all. Very disheartening.

We're very sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience with our community. The safety and well-being of our residents is our top priority and we are committed to the highest quality of care for each resident. We’d like to learn more from you - please contact us at information@sunriseseniorliving.com. –The Sunrise Team

Cindi3 October 30, 2013

Mom was at Sunrise of Shelby Township for respite care for a short period of time. The quarters were much more closed, which I think too small for the number of residents that they have. She was not comfortable there at all. For someone that needs their space, this place just wasn't working for us. Their food was cafeteria institution food. The employees though were very nice, friendly, and eager to help. However, they didn't seem quite as well educated in geriatric patients with dementia or Alzheimer's.

Michelle29 August 15, 2013

My dad used to be at Sunrise of Shelby. They changed caregivers all the time and they were rude. We ended up not trusting them anymore. They were sending my dad to the hospital for very simple things.

Kaye1 January 30, 2013

I really liked Sunrise. This is where I would love to be placed when I get to that age. There was a lot going on, it was busy, it was energetic. They have a house dog which I absolutely love.

Marilyn5 August 14, 2012

My husband is still in the same facility in The Sunrise of Shelby Town. He's been there for over a year now. He likes it there. He seems to be happy. The only thing that I'm complaining about is the parking around there. It is very bad for me. It's very difficult for me to be walking and looking for parking. However, I did call the corporate office and complained to them about it. So supposedly their working on it. I do like the place but they're very, very expensive. The staff has been doing very good. The doctor asked my husband, "Are you happy here?" and he said, "Yes!". With regards to the food, you can get food any time you want. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. They have snacks in between breakfast and lunch and snacks between lunch and dinner. And if you want something else you can request like a sandwich maybe. I would recommend them to others.

From Sunrise of Shelby Township

Sunrise's assisted living options offer personalized assistance, supportive services and compassionate care in a professionally managed, carefully designed, community setting. It's the perfect alternative for seniors who can no longer live on their own at home, yet don't need 24-hour, complex medical supervision.

Sunrise recognizes the special needs of people with Alzheimer's disease and other related memory impairments. Offering a fresh approach, we begin with understanding the stories and details of a senior's life so we can help them attain what we call "pleasant days." This means finding ways to involve residents in everyday activities they enjoy and can feel successful at, in specially designed surroundings that are both safe and stimulating. Providing care for seniors with Alzheimer's and other memory impairments can be challenging, but Sunrise has created a care option that works ? innovative and effective programs with multiple levels of support.

Features of Sunrise of Shelby Township

• 24-hour security gate

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• 24 hour nurses: Available during business hours