Brookdale Rosehill

12802 Johnson Dr., Shawnee, KS, 66216

Reviews of Brookdale Rosehill

Martha May February 29, 2012

I visited my grandmother at this wonderful establishment in Shawnee Kansas. The first thing you notice upon entering is how well they have maintained and kept the gardens outside, there is a real attention to detail. When you go into the facility, the friendly staff is more than willing to help you with any questions or show you around, they all keep great smiles on their faces and are very friendly to you. I found the carpets to be imaculately clean, as well as everything else, and that the elderly there were very happy and always seemed to be coming or going to some event or game with big grins on their happy faces. Also the food was suprisingly good, as I have tasted some bad food in "rest homes" before, and I was glad to know that they were giving my grandmother excelent treatment and she was receiving the nutritious meals she so needs in her poor health. The rooms were well-equipped with color television sets and nice views of the outdoors. Each room also had an air conditioning which was very important during our hot summer visit. We sat with our grandmother and enjoyed the friendly company of both the staff and the other elderly living there at the assisted living center, and I had to say it was a very enjoyable experience and put my heart at ease that she was receiving the proper and happy care I so want for her to have. I would recommend this fine establishment for anyone who is considering going into an assisted living situation or has a loved one who they can no longer care for as was the case with me. If you live in the Kansas area, or the Shawnee area to be more specific, take a drive up to Sweet Life and take a look for yourself, I doubt you will be disappointed in this fantastic home for your loved one.

Roberts1980 June 15, 2011

The Sweet Life Rosehill facility is a sister facility to another, smaller, Brookdale facility about a mile away which caters specifically to Alzheimer's and Dementia patients. The facility at Rosehill is larger, and offers three separate levels of care, including Assisted Living. The interior of this facility is very nicely appointed, in the style of a luxury apartment community, and seems very clean and well-maintained. There are a number of smaller common spaces, such as an aviary room, as well as a couple of larger common areas for group activities planned each day. The rooms at this facility are a decent size, but the Assisted Living component does not offer two-bedroom apartments, which might be difficult for some couples. I did not meet many staff members, but my tour guide was genuinely friendly and upbeat. I felt that the residents were more active in this facility than they were in some others I have visited, so it might be a good match for people want a busier community. The management of the Sweet Life facilities appears to be very good in general, with a full schedule of activities and events for residents, as well as smaller spaces for more individualised activity. I would definitely recommend this facility for a loved one.

From Brookdale Rosehill

Brookdale Rosehill provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Rosehill