Juniper Village at The Shenango Inn

1330 Kimberly Road, Sharon, PA, 16146

Reviews of Juniper Village at The Shenango Inn

January 26, 2016

By Bob119135250

Juniper Village at The Shenango Inn is a 1950s hotel. It looks like a plantation with big pillars. It was very nice; very well kept, but it had a little bit of a sense of a nursing home. The residents seemed to be not as old as my mother, but you would see way more wheelchairs and walkers. The congregation area was very nice and clean, but you would see quite a few people who were there in their wheelchairs. The rooms were very nice, but when I went in to look at an apartment for my mother; it did not have a defined bedroom area, and there was no kitchenette. The one person who led me through the tour was extremely good, but I didn't have a chance to interact with the staff that much. The dining area was big, nice, and really well-kept. You feel like you're walking into the 1950 or 1960, but it's not rundown. They tried to keep it as its original state. However, it didn't impress me as much as the others.

Thank you Bob for sharing your observations, we appreciate hearing from you. We are proud of the historic nature of our community - the former Shenango Inn and do work to maintain the integrity of that history, including the lovely Kennedy Room in which president John F Kennedy once stayed. Our resi dents have many fond memories of the Inn and are now pleased to reside there full time. As our residents age in place they do require more assistance, which explains why you saw walkers and wheelchairs. We are grateful to be able to provide that extra level of care so that our residents can continue to live in their home despite needing additional services. Thank you again for visiting, we hope to see you in the future.

June 23, 2012

By rain44438

I feel that the place offered alot of positive influence and alot of activities for the residents to enjoy. The meal plans looked good and very nutritiousness. The staff seemed very friendly and easy to talk to and answered any concerns that I had while checking out the accommodations for myself. I like the fact that they have the activities in the first place as some homes TRY this but can't get alot of residents involved with the activities. I may soon be disabled and would like to look into something like an assisted living facility for myself and still be able to be associated with other people and residents. Of course I would also have my family come visit, but want to make sure they would be comfortable with this facility so they wouldn't have any concerns about my staying there without them.I would def recommend this facility to other people I know.

Photos of Juniper Village at The Shenango Inn

Features of Juniper Village at The Shenango Inn

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

• Tai Chi

• Minimum Age: None

About Juniper Village at The Shenango Inn

Juniper Village at the Shenango Inn is an assisted living community that was designed for approximately 100 residents. It is dedicated to providing the finest in personal assisted living services and exceptional short-term and respite care in order to foster healthy and independent lives for its residents.

Located in Sharon, Pennsylvania, this assisted living community features a wide variety of both cozy and spacious private and semi-private rooms -- each with private bath -- to accommodate a variety of budgets. Once a reknowned country inn which hosted the likes of President John F. Kennedy, the inn has recently been renovated and continues to maintain its historic splendor. At Juniper Village at the Shanango Inn, you'll enjoy our beautiful fireplace room, spacious activities area, private family dining room, several living rooms, lounges, and beauty salon.

Juniper Village at The Shenango Inn is a lovely renovated historic Inn, within walking distance to many services in Sharon, PA. Lively connections activities programming offers many ties to the surrounding community. Quality, individualized care and service is provided by competent, trained staff.

Map of Juniper Village at The Shenango Inn