Brookdale Sevierville

1020 Middle Creek Road, Sevierville, TN, 37862

Reviews of Brookdale Sevierville

Regine1 August 01, 2013

I had a tour at Wellington Place of Sevierville and it was awesome. I really liked it. It was very well decorated, very clean and neat. I liked the ideas for their activities like dress up day, puzzles, bingo and going out. I liked their dining room and their food was good.

Barb8 June 29, 2013

I am totally impressed by the way Orchid Terrace was setup. They took us on tour and it looked like they have everything you needed. I was impressed by the rooms. The rooms are large. It seems like they are able to hold your necessities of life. I also like the way the residents go down to the dining facility, order from the menu, and then the chef prepares the meals. They also help with washing bed linens and the residents just needed to wash their own personal clothing. There were wash rooms down the hall. Everybody was friendly and nice.

James37 June 29, 2013

My father-in-law is at Wellington Place of Sevierville. The place was very, very nice. It was exceptional. It's not a large unit and it is a single floor facility. The place is absolutely clean and very neat.

Donna16 May 29, 2013

Everything is excellent at Wellington Place of Sevierville. They have excellent staff who gives excellent care. The room was excellent. I give it a hundred all the way across. The facility is clean. They care for their residents. Each of the residents has a little necklace on that will help them get help if they need any.

Allen1 March 19, 2013

I looked for facilities for my mother when she was in a hospital in New York. And the first one I visited was Wellington Place. I was very impressed by the director, the tour, and the cost structure. This is only about 15 minutes from my house, so we decided to choose it and didn't really shop anymore beyond that. My mom went there directly from the hospital although she was in pretty rugged condition. They had three people there ready to admit her and take care of her. Right off the bat, we could tell the level of care was excellent.

She is almost back to her normal self now, and she attributes it to the fact that the staff is dependable, listens very carefully, and very caring. The room is adequate, the food is relatively simple American cuisine. It's not the greatest, but she has put on like 30 pounds ever since she has been there. The food is certainly nutritious. They have activities like bingo, card games, Bible studies, they have outside groups that come in to sing, as well as outings. It's very clean. When you walk in, you don't get any kind of nursing-home type of smell.

Kelli1 May 19, 2012

This residence seems extremely well taken care of. It doesn't look like a nursing home when you walk in. The staff was fantastic. I have actually talked to them several times. They had checked back with me and had invited me to come by and take a look at their facilities. They were a huge help and answered a bunch of questions I had even though they knew that chances were, that I probably would not be able to bring my father down there. They were still more than happy to answer any more questions that I had and even gave me pointers on what we needed to look for in a nursing home. When they knew that my father passed away, they called to see if I was okay and they gave me a sympathy card. They went above and beyond! They had so many activities for the residents. They're not just there, which is great. They get to do things, they get to do field trips and stuff. I definitely recommend the facility. It's a place where, when I get to that point, and I don't want to live at home anymore, I want to go there.

ShamM3554g3 May 31, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

My great-grandmother was a resident of this community until her recent death, and overall the experience of the family was mostly a positive one. The staff seemed caring and polite, if a bit rushed due to a low ratio of caretakers to residents (at least that we saw). My great-grandma, unfortunately, had severe mental degeneration and could not offer a coherent opinion on her care, but every time we saw her she was clean and had been given her medications correctly. Most of the negatives that I noticed about the facilities were small and seemed to come from inadequate help, such as residents who were clearly not in a capable state attempting to exit the facility until (in very short order) a caregiver would come chasing after them and things like meals sometimes being served in a rushed manner due to a large number of meals needing distribution and not enough hands to do it. At the time of our visit, the facility was hiring, however, so that problem might have been rectified. Overall, the facility is well-designed and fairly well-maintained, and the staff are very polite.

From Brookdale Sevierville

Brookdale Sevierville provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Sevierville

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• 24-hour security gate
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition

• Staff patient ratio: 8:1
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 65

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 00000188