Sunrise of Severna Park Assisted Living

43 West McKinsey Road, Severna Park, MD, 21146

Reviews of Sunrise of Severna Park | Assisted Living

June 26, 2014

Sunrise has a larger dementia community. I found it to be very clean. The staff was very helpful and friendly, very pleasant, and they were all glad to see me and welcomed me on the tour. I just thought it was too large. It was very clean and well maintained. I didn't see any problems. The rooms were a little larger.

March 31, 2014

Sunrise of Severna is in a good location and the facility is beautiful. They had access to a lot of the things and the close-by environment where people can go shopping, and also access to transportation, so that was good. They had a lot of events in terms of theatre, plays, and entertainment that the residents got together for, and we liked that. There seemed to be a lot of involvement by the residents.

November 20, 2013

By Bill30

My mom is in Sunrise of Severna Park right now. This is our choice for her because it is really close, about 25 miles from our home. The facility is very nice. It is upscale but it costs money too. However, I like how gorgeous the facility is. I'm very happy with the place. My mother has a very nice room. She has her own furniture in there from home. She has been in this facility for three and a half months now and she's happy there. They have many activities there like bingo, trivia, bus trips, etc. They go out to lunch once in a while on the facility bus. Their dining room is very nice; however, food is something they could improve on. It is not all that great. They're kind of bland and repetitive. They need better menu because there's not much to choose from. Food is the only drawback for this facility.

July 10, 2013

By Feelingdefeated

Surnrise has different levels of care and it was very clean and new. It was very homey and the atmosphere was very relaxed. The staff seemed very concerned and caring.

August 28, 2012

By Carmen4

I was at the Sunrise Assisted Living Facility for a college school project in Severna Park MD. The facility itself is beautiful and the grounds are well kept. The inside is so tasteful and depending on the persons level of needing assistance they could have their own apartment within the building or a well kept room. The feel I got from most of the residence was that they still felt like they had the independence that they wanted but also a good amount of social interaction that they needed. The food provided always looked and smelled good. The staff was great they provided a lot of activities for those living there and I worked mostly with that section of the building while I was there. Also there was a section designated for those with dementia and alzheimer that was secure to keep them safe. The staff in this area was very patient and caring. While in this area we played with the patients balloon volleyball and other games that they seemed to like very much. My overall experience was wonderful and I was truly impressed with how beautiful the building and grounds were.

Photos of Sunrise of Severna Park

• Features Extra: Fitness Room/Gym

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Tai Chi

About Sunrise of Severna Park

Located just minutes from the Chesapeake Bay and downtown Annapolis, Sunrise of Severna Park is nestled on ten beautiful acres in the heart of Severna Park. We pride ourselves in our dedicated and loyal staff members. We offer Independent and Assisted Living, as well as our Reminiscence program for those with memory impairment. Our subsidy program offers financial assistance for those who qualify.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Map of Sunrise of Severna Park