Heartlands at Severna Park

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Heartlands at Severna Park

March 11, 2015

By Caring76191350

We visited Heartland, and I thought it was nice, but it wasn't as nice as the other facility. It wasn't as open, warm, or friendly. Maybe it is because the people there were older, but I don't know. Their back porch area was not very pleasant at all. That wasn't picked up, decorated, or clean. I don't think that was really nice at all. I thought the people there were very nice. They are very warm and gracious. There wasn't anything wrong with the people. Maybe my mother-in-law thought that she wasn't quite ready for a place like that either. She just thought that she was more active than that. The room was nice and clean. They showed us an empty room where someone had just moved out. We also saw a room where someone was living in, and it was very nice and clean. It has a microwave in it and a nice closet. The room looked good. The people had decorated outside the hall.

December 14, 2014

By Joann13

We were down in Heartlands Assisted Living. They were good, and the staff was nice, but I really didn’t get to them because there weren’t any rooms. They had a waiting list. They book up with the women really fast. They had rooms for men, but they didn’t have any place for women.

September 17, 2014

By Latoya1

HeartLands was a nice community and of high quality. The staff was very nice, and the rooms were lovely. I saw the suite; it was roomy, with a kitchenette, and very open. They had church, a speech therapist, barber shop, multiple social activities, exercises, and a pool. It was the most expensive of all the ones we saw. It was wonderful, gigantic, and I got lost and that was the one turn off. I couldn't figure out how she was going to get around, and that was the reason I didn’t actually like the place.

June 27, 2014

By Tom87044650

Hearthlands is great place. My sister loves it. She likes the people, and she is very happy there. They offer everything she needs. They have on-site nursing care 24 hours a day. They have a great restaurant where they serve 4 meals: an early breakfast, a late breakfast, lunch, and dinner. There are snacks available throughout the day in the center. There are activities like day music and things in the afternoon. They do a lot of outside trips. They take them out for trips to the grocery stores and shopping every once in a while. They keep them really busy. They have reading facilities. They have exercise rooms. They have book clubs. They have classes. They have 3 areas where they do activities. The only problem I see is the traffic going outside of the place. It isn't really a major issue, just the traffic on the road. However, they have open parking there, and there is never an issue.

June 26, 2014

I find Heartlands very pleasant and clean. It's a small dementia community. They have three caregivers on duty all the time. Nurses come in and out, so my mom gets a lot of attention. It's well maintained. The staff was pleasant, helpful, and friendly. They answered all my questions and give me all the help they can. I like the idea that it is a small dementia community.

May 30, 2014

By Joanne25

A year ago, I looked at Heartlands, and it was OK. It was much smaller scale, but the amenities were not nearly what the other one had to offer. The staff was fine. At the time that I actually went there, I was not able to see any room. I didn't have the warm welcome that I had with the other place I visited. I had pricing for them recently, but I have heard from others who were looking around that it was more expensive.

February 06, 2014

By longtimemarylander

This is not a good place for dementia. They do nothing to stimulate them and activities are horrible. Food looks like slop. If your relative has dementia, go somewhere else. I went there with a friend who has her Mother there and would not put my relative there at all.

November 21, 2013

My brother has Parkinson's and schizophrenia. I visited Heartlands for him. It was okay. It wasn't great though. It was well maintained and in a very nice area. The rooms were fairly nice, not great. They were just fine. The staff was friendly and I like them. They did have the basic activities. They were just the same that you see generally in this kind of facility. However, Heartlands could improve on probably having more fitness-type room within the facility that the guests can use, rather than just a rehab room. Nevertheless, I would recommend this facility to others.

May 31, 2013

By Gary15

We liked Heartlands at Severna Park and we had a very nice tour. The place was nice and clean, there was no smell or any odor and everything was picked up. The rooms were spacious and nice. There were activities planned almost every night and a special activity once a month. We liked the staff very much because they kept everyone active as long as the residents were able to do it. I would commend this facility to other people.

March 28, 2013

By Caring 4014

It's very nice at Heartlands. They had a nice 2-bedroom apartment, perfect for a couple.

Photos of Heartlands at Severna Park

Features of Heartlands at Severna Park

• Minimum Memory Cost: $5490/month
  • Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Housing Extra: 13 Different Floor Plans

• Features Extra: Library, 24 Hour A Day Nursing On Site, On Site Therapy Department

• Activities Extra: Computer Class, Wide Range Of Activities, Mens Club

• Home Sale Assistance

• Diabetic
  • Low Fat
  • Low Salt

• Minimum Age: None

• Licenses: Marylands Assisted Living

About Heartlands at Severna Park

Heartlands at Severna Park offers compassionate senior care in Severna Park, MD. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Heartlands at Severna Park shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Severna Park, MD.

Map of Heartlands at Severna Park