Morningside of Seneca

15855 Wells Highway, Seneca, SC, 29678

Reviews of Morningside of Seneca

tzia July 23, 2012

The amenities were quite adequate for an assisted living facility. There was adequately sized rooms and 24 hour care. The negative component were was the not so great staff in this place. The front desk was not helpful nor was it easy to locate the area when I called in after being lost using the GPS. One of the front desk personnel had to refer me because she was new and the wait time was horrendous. On the bright side, the area surrounding Seneca was beautiful and pristine. Much of the scenery made me and my friend wish to live there. I was impressed generally with the vicinity but my friend ultimately chose not to send her aunt to this facility because of the staff's incompetence and the general feeling of unease surrounding the nurses wandering about. Their supposed "five star values" were not apparent when we visited and because of the staff present, we did not feel like the place had a homely atmosphere - something that was very important for my friend and her aunt to include in an assisted living area. Personally, I definitely did not feel that the staff were very compassionate or even cared enough to take down our information and provide better details about the general facilities. It was a disappointing visit and we chose to look for a better facility nearby instead.

Show 1 More Review Show Fewer Reviews - Write a Review

From Morningside of Seneca

Morningside of Seneca offers compassionate senior care in Seneca, SC. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Morningside of Seneca shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Seneca, SC.

Community is just one level, no stairs or elevators - Designated Care manager concept - Stability in staffing

Features of Morningside of Seneca

• Renal
  • Vegetarian

• Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• Dining extra: refridgerator, microwave, sink

• Staff patient ratio: 8 to 1
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: None

• Licenses: SC

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Morningside of Seneca