Freedom Square

7800 Liberty Ln., Seminole, FL, 33772

Reviews of Freedom Square

Caring112608550 August 28, 2015

I like Freedom Square as it offered everything, and the price was good. It was inclusive, I like the location, and they were very upfront with the pricing. They were clean, and they have a lot of amenities.

Nancy111875750 August 21, 2015

What I like about Freedom Square is the facility itself, and the staff is friendly and helpful. The place is clean, and it has beautiful grounds. They seem to take care well of the residents, and most of them seemed to be very happy there. With their food, you get a menu that you can choose from. Most of their food is good. They have a lot of activities to offer. They have a full calendar of activities with music and socials. They also have an exercise program. They also have bingo, which is everybody's favorite. They have mind games, movies, their activity room is open after hours so the family can go in there where they can play games and talk. They do take the residents out on Sundays, and they go to the mall and church.

Caring108933350 July 06, 2015

We visited Freedom Square. They were very friendly and helpful. Everything was great. The rooms were spacious enough, very clean, and nice. We liked everything about it. We went to a luncheon when we had a tour there, and the food was very good. It was a very friendly place to live in with good food.

Steve109628650 June 30, 2015

Freedom Square was a beautiful facility, and the staff was exceptional. They had very nice accommodations, and they had plenty of space for anybody regardless of what their requirements are. They had plenty of activities for a lot of different interests. The dining area was very spacious.

Patricia103767650 June 22, 2015

The first place I went to was Freedom Square. It was quite lovely. What I like about that place was there was nursing staff on-staff 24 hours a day. The lady who showed us the place could not have been nicer. She was extremely nice and answered all my questions. Honestly, if we had the money, that's where my mother would be. I saw a single room with full bath. It had a refrigerator, and of course, you would have your own bed and dresser. It was very nice. It was small, but residents were able to lock their own door when they left the facility. Also my mother would have the same individual that would come everyday and make her bed. They would also do personal laundry. Each floor had a TV area with a phone. They also had like a kitchen with a microwave and refrigerator and snacks like popcorn. The restaurant was open 24 hours a day. I couldn't ask for more than what they gave us. The lady was unbelievable. She was so nice. Freedom Square is really wonderful.

Rob8 January 18, 2015

My wife’s parents are in Freedom Square. The care is very good, and the staff has been very good as well. They are friendly, professional, and responsive. The facility has a clean, healthy environment, and they provide transportation to and from doctors.

Clark3 December 28, 2014

Freedom Square is very nice and very clean. It is like a five-star resort. The staff people are fantastic. They are great with my aunt. Everything is good. She is in a shared room, she has a roommate, and she is fine with it. She's got plenty of room, and they share a bathroom, but they have their own space. Fantastic food; they have three different entrees for each meal, you get to pick any breakfast that you want starting out with cereal, and you can have an egg, toast, bacon, sausage -- whatever you would like to have. And then, they have three or four different entrees for dinner, and you get to pick out which one you want. They have a pool, and they have an area where you could get outside, so it seems pretty nice. It really is. I would absolutely recommend Freedom Square.

Caring89483850 December 26, 2014

The apartment was pretty good sized for one person. There was a living and dining room and then the bedroom and bathroom with a walk-in shower and a little kitchenette, which has a small camper type refrigerator and microwave. It also had a balcony. Everything was really nice and modern at Freedom Square, and it had all the amenities. They take you on trips, they go to casino every once in a while, and they go on shopping trips and community trips. They have a pool, activities, and dances.

Caring79546650 November 29, 2014

My aunt was in Freedom Square. We were very happy with this facility. The staff was excellent. They were attentive. They communicated well. The food was good. There were lots of food options. The table settings were very upscale and very clean. There was attentive wait service. They had the same kinds of activities -- i.e., little exercise class -- but my aunt did not participate. The rooms were very spacious. The place was secure enough for what we needed. The security was fine.

Caring90562150 September 30, 2014

My first impression of the Inn at Freedom Square was that it was very nice and clean. It is one of the few that doesn't smell. The staff is doing fine. However, I'm a little disappointed with the people that administer the medicine. They have the lack of communication over the past couple of weeks with the medicines that my parents that they were on. It didn't follow through from the rehab center to there, and we had some issues with that. I have a one-bedroom apartment for my parents. It is very nice. Actually they found furniture for me to furnish it, which was very nice, because my parents are just short-term there. My mom just had major back surgery, and they were very helpful. The food though is not the quality we thought it would be. We had eaten there and we just thought the way that they advertised, it was quite disappointing. The dining room is very nice though. It is very clean with linen cloths and linen napkins. They have several activities going on, but my dad has Alzheimer's, so he is not able to really participate in them too much. My mom has gone on a few of them though. It is assisted living, but she feels that it is more of skilled nursing with people on wheelchairs and that kind of stuff. The things that stand out to me in this community are that it is clean and it is nice. We looked at probably 8 or 9 facilities, and it was really the only one that offered separate bedroom compared to the rest of them.

Flo2 September 30, 2014

Freedom Square is very bubbly and nice, but they are a little more than I can afford. It’s very nice I could have lived in there. The facility is right next door to me. The staff that was very concerned about the people and they don’t mind going out of their way. The rooms are beautiful, much bigger, and brighter because more sunshine comes in. I had three lunches there. They open their restaurant at 8AM, and you can eat at any time of the day you want to which is very nice because then you eat when you’re hungry and it is very secured.

Caring5023 September 23, 2014

Freedom Square is gorgeous but they are too expensive and you need to pay upfront. The staff answered all my concerns. Everything was beautiful, great, and they have everything you want there.

Caring2623 August 26, 2014

Freedom Square was very beautiful. The dining room was very nice and it was like being in a really good restaurant. It kind of had a feeling like a resort -- the grounds were well-landscaped; there were ponds; and it was just very pretty. My neighbor really loved it and I was impressed with everything that I saw. The food was not bad. The entrance lobby was kind of barren, but there wasn't anything unpleasant about it.

Caring87981050 June 27, 2014

Freedom Square is awesome. It seems to be a community within itself, or a small village.

Caring77416350 February 26, 2014

Freedom Square we checked it, too, but that’s too expensive. Very good but somewhere beyond your means. It is not bad compared with the others. A little crowded and for one person, maybe it would be great. It would be a 5 if you got the money.

Caring78117850 February 13, 2014

The people were very nice at Freedom Square. My contact was straight, realistic and she was not like a car salesman. We looked at the rooms where the residents just moved out as well as the model room so I can compare the two. I was able to try the food and it was good. Also, it doesn’t smell of urine.

Caring76662750 January 31, 2014

I visited Freedom Square because my husband was there for a week and a half for respite stay in their memory care unit. He was in a single room and it was of a very nice size. It had a bathroom and shower in the room which I really like. The facility is very clean. Their Alzheimer's unit, they had a very large open space so that the residents can all gather there and have activities there. They can move around and not to be expected to just sit in a chair in their room all day. The people were friendly. For the most part the staff were cooperative. I thought they cared for my husband in a reasonable way. The food that I saw was excellent. Overall, I thought they were reasonable.

Richard42 December 27, 2013

Freedom Square was a very nice facility. It was also clean. The people were nice. We ate there a couple of times and the food was very good. They did have activities for older people but not for active old people. For activities, they have different card games, bingo, etc. However, they did have activities that were pretty good. They would take people to plays and different things like that and they also have out-of-town trips.

John72737750 October 28, 2013

Freedom Square did have an assisted living facility but in order to get there, you have to get through the long-term care facility. That didn't present a good view as far as I'm concerned. Because from the psychological standpoint, it was just like saying, 'you're going to end up here sooner or later, so get used to it.' That's how we felt about it. Nevertheless, from what I saw, this facility looked fairly nice, but it didn't measure up to the other facilities I visited. The one staff that we interacted with and who showed us around was an admission person. The rooms that I saw were all the ones in apartment layout but they were all comparable in size. They have a living room, a separated bedroom with a bathroom.

Caring6696 July 28, 2012

I chose this facility because It had everything I wanted and needed. It's beautiful, well kept and well maintained. The staff was very good. I am already in the process of moving to this facility. I will be moving to a 2 bedroom apartment. They have 3 meals but you can only choose one as part of the package.

commercesd May 03, 2012

The Freedom Square assisted living facility appeared really modern and well-kept from the outside. We were searching for a suitable place for my friend's mother to live. They have a lot of family in Florida, so would like to find her a place to live in the region to make it easy for visits.

The park-like atmosphere of the grounds was pleasant and serene. The brick pavement was a very nice touch.

The main foyer had a lovely receiving area with comfortable furnishings artwork and a fresh decor.

The communal areas all had interesting activities occurring, from reading to games and resident interactions. The Olympic sized swimming pool was surrounded by large windows, which gave it an open air feel. They offer swim and exercise classes in the pool, as well as on well maintained equipment.

The dining areas had high beam ceilings that gave the room a very charming woodsy feel. The menus and food choices looked nutritious and delicious, as well as the regular snacks - offered continually and whenever requested.

Each private unit had individually controlled temperatures. The living spaces were all a nice size and did not seem cramped and were also beautifully decorated. The patio areas also had barbeques where they have hosted and private parties.

Events and outings scheduled include anything imaginable - from restaurants, to art museums, the library, to local films, fine dining and theater.

They also host monthly parties for residents at the facility which they encourage friends and family to attend. The billiard room was particularly comfortable and inviting.

This was a lovely facility with caring and attentive staff. All of the resident's needs appear to be met easily and efficiently, in a friendly and caring manner. It was clear that the residents really enjoy living here.

From Freedom Square

Freedom Square provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Brookdale Living's Seminole, FL community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional independent and assisted living services, amenities, and opportunities we offer. And, the residents at Freedom Square can rest assured that as their needs change, we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Optimun Life® and Celebrations provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of the residents of this independent and assisted living community, their families, and associates alike. Optimun Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features, and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimun Life®, the mission of Freedom Square is to encourage our independent and assisted living residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar at Brookdale Living's Seminole, FL community with themed experiences, special events, and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Financial Guidance
  • We help with selling the house (finding a realtor, staging, etc.): $3,000 smooth move credit to pay for and arrange the entire move -- Brookdale can even buy a new resident's house – if we turn around and sell it for more, we pay the new resident any profit.
Fee Structures
  • We charge an entry fee starting at $39,000 to $272,820 – multiple refund options – 0%, 50% or 100% back
  • Our monthly service fee is all inclusive; includes gourmet dining, weekly housekeeping, chauffeured transportation to appointments anywhere in Pinellas County, amazing choices of events and activities each month, all utilities included except for telephone
Housing Categories
  • CCRC (continuing care retirement community)
Cleaning Services
  • Laundry services for linens (staff washes residents sheets/linens)
  • Private laundry (residents can wash own laundry on site)
  • Housekeeping (staff provides housekeeping services to residents)
  • Organized offsite activities (outings, etc.)
  • Arts
  • Woodworking
  • Games (bridge, pinochle, trivia)
  • Religious services
  • Movies
  • Ice cream socials
  • State socials
  • Cocktail parties
  • Zumba gold classes to name a few
Communitiy Features:
  • Beauty/barber shop
  • Library (2)
  • Fitness room/gym
  • Indoor Heated Pool
  • General Store
  • Coffee shop: Black Swan Grille
  • Spa and Jacuzzi in pool area
  • Shared space where residents can host parties: multiple venues, no charge for the space, just for guest meals/catering
  • 24 hour security at each front desk plus roving security in the evenings
  • Wellness center for visiting physicians on campus
  • Bank
  • Occupational therapy
  • Companion services
Guest services:
Dining options:
  • Meals in a shared dining room, multiple dining venues, private dining rooms for private parties, Black Swan Grille Restaurant.
  • ALL apartments have beautiful full kitchens (includes oven, microwave etc.)
  • Meals delivered to residents' rooms (can easily be arranged if someone isn't feeling well and doesn't want to come to the dining room)
Technology and Entertainment:
  • Internet in residents' rooms at a separate charge
  • Free Wi-fi is available in all lobbies and the black swan grille
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas; free in many shared areas
  • Cable TV in residents' rooms included in monthly service fee
  • In house TV channel featuring the day’s activities and dining options and special announcements
Floor Plan Options:
  • studio apartments
  • 1 bedroom apartments
  • 2 bedroom apartments
Transportation:
  • Transportation for residents (shuttle bus or similar); buses, van and multiple private cars (Ford Flex’s)
  • Parking for residents: reserved uncovered for free, reserved covered for a monthly charge

Features of Freedom Square

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes
  • Hospice care

• General store
  • Pool
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits