Sedona Winds

Reviews of Sedona Winds

October 01, 2011

By Kelly Worthey

Other

I love driving up to Sedona to visit the residents at Sedona Winds. The drive up from Phoenix is gorgeous and I get excited every time I see the red rock start to peek through the mountains. Sedona, I think, is the perfect place for an assisted living facility. The views all around are so peaceful and it really has a calming effect on those who are looking at it, maybe that's why the residents at Sedona Winds seem to be less stressed out and relaxed.

The facility itself is beautiful, it is always very clean and well organized. All in all the staff appear to run everything in a smooth and functioning way. I don't see a lot of chaos at this facility which is a good thing, don't get me wrong, I'm sure they have their share of chaotic moments, I'm just saying that I don't see it being so drastic that it could affect the residents in a negative way. They offer Independent and Assisted Living as well as Memory Care. From what I have seen, the residents in each level of care always appear well-cared for. They always seem to have good personal hygiene, so for the people needing assistance with hygiene, it proves that the staff members are not being neglectful as far as resident hygiene goes. The staff members really seem to dote on the residents, I always hear them telling the residents "good morning" or "good night" they are always walking around making sure that the residents are happy and comfortable, making sure that they have everything they need or seeing if there is anything they want at that moment. The staff seem to pay very close attention to each resident, and as hard as it is with so many residents, I could ask a staff member where so and so is and they would in most cases be able to tell me because they know each resident so well and they have learned each resident's daily routine from paying such close attention. I am always very impressed by the level of devotion I see the staff offer the residents. Sedona Winds has put together a care team that they should really be proud of, I have not had one issue regarding resident care with any of them, which is amazing because I am very picky when it comes to how the residents are being treated and cared for.

There are many things for the residents to do, the weather in Sedona is usually perfect, so many of the residents choose to spend a lot of time outdoors. Who wouldn't want to spend their time outside in a town that recently made Forbes' list of the prettiest towns in America? The grounds are beautiful and a perfect place for an morning or afternoon nature walk. It is really pretty taking a walk there early in the morning and being able to watch the sunrise behind the red rock. My favorite part of Sedona Winds' grounds is the swimming pool, it is in the perfect spot. Residents can sit in the pool and have a front row seat to the stunning Bell Rock and Red Rock Mountains, they are so incredibly close, it looks like you could reach out and touch them. Whenever I refer anyone to Sedona Winds, I always tell them to remember to look at the pool. They also hold many group activities outside as the weather is so great most of the time that residents would rather be outside than in. The staff also take the residents on many field trips, there is no limit of places in Sedona and Northern Arizona to show to the residents, there are so many beautiful places to take them to.

There are many things to do inside the facility as well though, there are many scheduled daily activities and common areas that are well stocked with items to keep the residents entertained. The library has an ever-growing supply of books and magazines for the residents to read and there are these amazing floor to ceiling windows in the library that once again show off Sedona's Red Rock. The entire facility has huge windows throughout, what facility wouldn't in Sedona, those views are pretty much the facility's money-makers, I have had multiple families and residents tell me that they chose the facility because of the location or the views. So, of course, you would want to make those views as accessible as possible from inside the facility.

Everything about Sedona Winds is, I believe, very resident-focused. The dining options, activities, events, daily happenings, etc. all seem so geared towards what the residents want and the residents are offered many options and amenities to help them in creating a lifestyle and daily routine that is right for them. My visits to Sedona Winds usually run pretty smoothly, I have only witnessed a few times situations that escalated out of control, one was when a couple of residents started arguing over what to watch on TV, they were actually yelling very loudly and spouting off some not-so-appropriate language, however, the staff members had the situation deescalated very quickly. The other times were similar, but again, got resolved fairly quickly. It is very common when you have so many residents living together under one roof day in and day out for there to be some conflicting personalities and opinions. What matters is that the issues are resolved fast and thoroughly without upsetting or interrupting the other residents going on about their own business. The staff here handle any issues swiftly and professionally.

I always look forward to my visits at Sedona Winds, everyone is so nice and the view really takes your breath away. I would recommend that everyone looking for assisted living go visit Sedona Winds, even those not looking for a facility should go. Everyone should experience Sedona at least once!

Services & Amenities of Sedona Winds

• Pharma

About Sedona Winds

At Sedona Winds we are more than just another retirement community. We are in the heart of Sedona's Village of Oak Creek. We are located by everything you need, with great shopping, terrific restaurants, golf courses, cultural centers, and medical offices; Sedona Winds boasts to be the best location in Northern Arizona with a background of Bell Rock and other beautiful Red Rock Mountains. At Sedona Winds we realize that today's seniors are looking for a lifestyle that is not only active and stimulating, but also interesting and flexible.

Map of Sedona Winds