Merrill Gardens at First Hill

1421 Minor Ave, Seattle, WA, 98101

Reviews of Merrill Gardens at First Hill

Patricia F. Spencer August 21, 2012

My grandmother lives at Faerland Terrace and it's a beautiful place! It's located right in downtown Seattle and is accessible to everything. It does not feel like a home for elderly people. In fact, it's bright, cheerful, and the staff is so welcoming. It just feels like a fancy apartment building with staff. My grandmother needs some help caring for herself and the staff there are always willing to lend a hand but also encourage my grandmother to do things for herself when she can. I am able to visit her there about once a week and look forward to my visits there. They have guest meals available so I'm able to eat dinner with my grandmother when I'm there. The food is great and tastes just like a regular restaurant - not at all institutional feeling. They also have activities for the residents to participate in and plan lots of fun things for them to do, if they choose. I'm really happy we found this place for my grandmother and definitely would recommend it to other people looking for a vibrant place for their elderly relative to live.

jessica12 June 30, 2011

My cousin lives at the facility. The facility has a reputation for great customer care. After a while of searching for a assisted living facility that would accept him we stumble upon this one. Every time i visit my cousin he always has something nice to say about the staff and other residents. While visiting i met some of his friends and they all said the staff makes multiple checks on them daily. The feeling of knowing that he is not being mistreated releases a burden off of my shoulders. Whenever I visit the staff treats me with respect as if i was a resident. One of the qualities that this facility offers that i highly appreciate is the communications they provide.

anonymousjj May 20, 2011

Visited this facility

This facility is located in downtown Seattle in a very well kept building with free visitor parking. I have visited several residents of Faerland Terrace over the past year and have been consistently impressed with the facility and general staff. The dining room is lovely and residents report enjoying their meals. Resident activities (both inside and outside the building) are available throughout the day everyday. The nursing staff is competent but does not always follow through with detailed recommendations for individual residents.

From Merrill Gardens at First Hill

Merrill Gardens at First Hill is perfect for those who like being near boutique shopping, theaters, concert and lecture halls and much more. This friendly retirement community is in the First Hill neighborhood, where many of Seattle’s best known and highest quality medical practices are located.

In First Hill neighborhood where the best known & highest quality medical practices are located in downtown Seattle. Newly remodeled building w/ large picture windows. Terrace garden. Furnished outdoor spaces for entertaining & socializing with guests. Library. Terrace garden. Physicians make rounds twice a month. Personal pendant alert system. Garage parking for residents.

Features of Merrill Gardens at First Hill

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Private services

• Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $3,095/month

• Minimum age: 62

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 2240