Sunrise of Seal Beach

3850 Lampson Avenue, Seal Beach, CA, 90740

Reviews of Sunrise of Seal Beach

April 07, 2016

By Libby4

I liked everything about Sunrise of Seal Beach. The rooms were beautiful, and the staff was very nice and kind. However, there weren't as many activities as I'd seen in another place; they were just watching a big TV downstairs. I would recommend them. The food was very good, and the bathroom was nice and clean.

October 27, 2015

By Diane W1

Sunrise of Seal Beach is immaculate, the people are friendly, and it's very comfortable. It's a clean place, which was one of the reasons why we moved my mother there. She has a small room, but there are plenty of places she could go within the building. If you were an active older person, it's a great place. She is 85, and if she started to get worse, she can stay there and just move into the convalescent side, instead of moving her to a new place. It's not an inexpensive place, but our siblings are all very happy that she's there, and she's in a safe place. They had better food when they first started. They got someone new doing the food, and it is not as good, but the people there seemed very happy with it. The staff is very kind. They show up on time, they're prompt, courteous, and very friendly. I really don't have any complaints. It was convenient, which is right off the highway. My sister is 10 minutes away, and my brother is 15 minutes away. It's like walking into a four-star hotel. It's a really nice place.

September 07, 2015

By Larry112449750

I looked at Sunrise of Seal Beach. I liked the interaction, the activities that were scheduled, and the care for the seniors. Their dining room was set up very well. They had menus for all dietary restrictions. It was like going into a 4-star hotel room. They had activities like dancing, bingo, and trips for people who would like to go to casinos or shopping malls.

July 21, 2015

By Caring109219450

Mom is in Sunrise of Seal Beach; everything is fine, and we’re very happy with it. The food is fine; they have a menu. We were looking at cost, location, and support staff, and we felt that Sunrise met our needs. The facility is very close to us.

July 13, 2015

By Kathleen108602350

Sunrise of Seal Beach was extremely neat and clean. It was so pleasant. It did not have any odor. The food that they served was excellent, and the caregivers were fabulous. They really cared. My father-in-law was well taken care of during his last days.

May 29, 2015

By Flwfreak

Our Grandmother is in the memory unit and there were lots of promises made about our ability to communicate with the staff before she moved in. Once the papers were signed it was very difficult to find out if she was eating, taking her meds etc. The rooms are very small and some are dark, depressing. Her personal things, hair brushes, toiletries etc. are locked up so that she can't get them when she wants. The staff says they have wandering patients who go through others rooms taking things. We wanted to know where the supervision was by the staff. Not very happy at this point.

Hello, thank you for your review and please know that we take all concerns seriously. We'd like to learn more about your experience. Please email us at Information@SunriseSeniorLiving.com. Thank you, Sunrise Senior Living.

June 19, 2013

Sunrise of Seal Beach is a beautiful facility. They seemed extremely well-organized and the place is fresh and new. The place is very convenient. The rooms are very small and that's a drawback for me. There is no access to the outdoors from the rooms itself. You need to go down the long hallway. They do provide residents who would enjoy a glass of wine with one sometimes and I think that's nice.

November 19, 2012

By concernedgranddaughter1

I have been to visit my grandmother twice since she has been in this facility. The outside of the building is well kept and the structure itself is not damaged. The inside is clean and you can smell the clean air when you enter. I was not very happy with the staff in general. The nurses that were around the front door and the front desk were not attentive to me at all. I walked in and looked lost while they just continued their conversation until I had to interrupt them. That happened both times and with the same two nurses. The nurses that were caring for my grandmother were more personable and seemed to be much nicer. I already had a bad vibe from the beginning though so I just wanted to get my grandmother and go to lunch. My grandmother was well dressed and clean. During lunch when I was asking her questions about being in her new home she had nothing bad to say about the facility. That was comforting for me to know she enjoyed it there. Overall the facility seemed to be able to care for her adequately and she was happy there.

March 07, 2012

By Marlaahansen

My father lived at Sunrise for several years after our mother passed away. It was one of the best decisions we ever made as a family. Dad had his own private apt giving him the independence he valued so highly while we children could rest assured knowing he was safe and lovingly watched over by the staff. As a family, we all loved having dinner together once a week in the beautiful dining room. Weekends always meant some type of fun social event that we all could attend with our dad. Sunrise is a wonderful place.

Photos of Sunrise of Seal Beach

• Home Sale Assistance

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

• Licenses: RCFE

About Sunrise of Seal Beach

Among its other living and care options, Sunrise of Seal Beach in California offers Edna's Place, an intimate cluster of suites within our Reminiscence Neighborhoods where residents who have higher level needs due to more severe cognitive impairment such as late stage memory loss or Alzheimer's disease can find both the care and the caring they deserve.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community, and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Map of Sunrise of Seal Beach