The Gardens of Scottsdale

6001 East Thomas Road, Scottsdale, AZ, 85251

Reviews of The Gardens of Scottsdale

Gina15 November 25, 2015

Our experience with The Gardens of Scottsdale was very good. The only issues I had were that it was not in our range as far as being able to take care of our needs. However, they were very nice and very detailed, and I liked the facility a great deal. It was excellent. I did look at the rooms and everything, and it seemed to be very well run.

David115955150 November 16, 2015

The gal that I dealt with at the Gardens of Scottsdale showed me a couple of suites or spaces that might be available for my mother. It seemed like they had plenty of activities to do for her, and it gave me every bit of confidence that they would give the care that my mother needed to possibly get her a little stronger. These people were very kind and considerate, as well. From what I remember, the food was quite delicious.

Julie T. October 28, 2015

The one I picked out for my mom is The Gardens of Scottsdale. It is nice and close to my home, and the people that work there are very caring and nice. The rooms and the dining room are very nice. My mom loves the food there. She was very resistant about going, but now she loves it. She has been there for five weeks now, and she is very happy there. She loves the people that work there. They were also really helpful to me.

Claire22 October 25, 2015

The Gardens was fabulous. Everything was wonderful. The rooms were very nice, the food was wonderful, and the people were great. My mother was very happy with it. They do crafts, have a music festival, hold movie nights, and do other activities. The food was the best of all the places we visited.

Caring77877650 September 08, 2014

We choose The Gardens of Scottsdale because it was very lovely and attractive. It is neat, clean and a very nice place. The staff is very attentive and nice. The rooms were nice and really well appointed. The place where they go eat is very nice. I have not tasted the food, but the food looks pretty good. They have activities, but my husband doesn’t participate in any of that. My husband is very happy. I like it all around. They have a little bit of everything and it is a nice, well-rounded place.

Nadia2 June 26, 2014

The Gardens of Scottsdale is a good place. It is very clean. The staff is very good. The people are very nice. Food is good. Also, my husband's room is spacious. It is very big. However, they really don't have that many activities for them. The only thing I think they could improve on is that the floor is carpeted, and it should be a hard floor so it would be easier to clean.

Caring76946650 January 30, 2014

The Gardens of Scottsdale offers different levels of care. The facility is clean and very nice. It feels homey, warm, and inviting. Dad has been there for a week now and from what I saw the staff seemed friendly. Their food is good.

Carrie8 December 02, 2013

The Gardens of Scottsdale was very nice. The facility was beautiful and the people were friendly. The price is in the mid level. It's just the accommodations for both my dad and my sister wasn't meeting that. There were a variety of things to do throughout the month. I really like the living community. It was kept up very nice and decorated nicely.

Claudia4 April 12, 2013

We chose the Gardens of Scottsdale for its location and reputation. It's very convenient to get to and it's in an area where my mother-in-law is familiar with. The facility is clean but old. My mother-in-law's suite is adequate. She is able to bring in her own furniture. The dining room is wonderful and the food is good.

The residents there are active. They have pets on the premises which a lot of the seniors really enjoy. The staff is very attentive and thorough. They're very good with the way they provide medication. They're not perfect, but my mother-in-law feels extremely well-cared for. She's happy. I'm now considering placing my mother in this facility also.

jiggs16 July 27, 2011

The neighborhood is nice, but it's a few blocks from Phoenix where the neighborhood gets a little worse. There's public transportation nearby and a grocery store across the street.

There really isn't much outdoor space for the residents at this facility. The parking lot is cramped for everyone "“ staff, visitors, residents, and doctors. There just really isn't too much extra space. There's one nice patio, but I know places that have more.

The common areas are nice. The interior is very well decorated and looks very comfy and cozy. The library is ok. There are separate little rooms if you want to go in and watch TV, rather than one big TV room with the sound blaring. You can also go into those rooms to play games. There's a snack bar for the residents, and nice chairs in the hallways. There is no computer lab at this facility.

Each resident makes a little shadow box that goes outside their room with little mementos and the theme of their life, so that other residents can learn who they are.

The residents' rooms are fair. They're meager "“ I think you can get a furnished room, but all the rooms are quite small. The bathrooms are hard to maneuver in if you use a wheelchair. If you're trying to toilet someone, there are only about 3 inches of extra space to move about. The residents can bring whatever furnishings and decorations they want.

The nurses are ok "“ as anywhere, they're kind of short on staff here. There's a large turnover here, and I know that call lights go unanswered for quite a while. There are a few good staff members, but they're overworked. The staff on the AL side could be better about helping with patients' medical conditions and they could be better at reporting any changes to the proper person with urgency. I think they maybe don't have quite enough training.

The food is great "“ the residents always get whatever they ask for whenever they want it. The food is nutritious, and the diet staff is very well-versed on each resident's dietary needs and likes and dislikes. They could do a better job with trying to keep the residents hydrated in their rooms.

The activities are pretty good. There's always something to do, and the staff tries hard to get the residents out of their rooms to join in "“ sometimes even when the residents don't want to!

This facility is very cozy, inviting, and looks pretty, but they could do a better job of watching the residents in assisted living and attending to their needs a little better.

They also offer skilled nursing, and they're very attentive on that side. The nurses are good, and the residents seem to be up and clean and fed. I think all around, residents get better attention on the skilled nursing side.

From The Gardens of Scottsdale

The Gardens of Scottsdale offers compassionate senior care in Scottsdale, AZ. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at The Gardens of Scottsdale shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Scottsdale, AZ.

Features of The Gardens of Scottsdale

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Psychiatric care
  • Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• State License(s): AL8808C