Sunrise of Scottsdale

7370 East Gold Dust Avenue, Scottsdale, AZ, 85258

Reviews of Sunrise of Scottsdale

Terri F. March 20, 2016

Sunrise of Scottsdale was the best out of all the communities we've seen. It's a really nice, clean place, and I liked the apartments. They had a lot of scheduled activities. They stated that my mother would have a dedicated caretaker, and I like that idea. The lady who gave us the tour showed us three kinds of rooms, and they were fine and well furnished. The atmosphere was very homey. The grounds were gorgeous, as well.

Owens March 09, 2016

I like the atmosphere, the size of the apartments, and the way we are treated at Sunrise of Scottsdale. I also like that it's an end-of-life facility with a memory unit, so we will not have to move my stepfather.

Maria121847350 March 09, 2016

I visited Sunrise of Scottsdale for my brother. It was extremely nice and very friendly. There were lots of people there and residents sitting out and about. They had a resident dog in the lobby, which was really cute. However, they did not have a room, and the facility was for older people than my brother. Also, I didn’t see many men there at the time.

Julie T. October 28, 2015

I visited Sunrise of Scottsdale for my mom. It was nice. The only reason I didn't choose them is because it was way farther from my home. They were very nice. The lobby was very nice, but I knew right away that I didn't want to turn there because it would take me longer to go visit it every day.

Caring107393050 August 22, 2015

I like Sunrise of Scottsdale, and my mother liked it also at the time. It appealed to someone who is older because they tried to make it look like something from her era. Everyone seemed nice. The rooms were well maintained, but not spacious. There's nothing wrong with the place -- it's homey looking.

Caring107699250 May 22, 2015

The staff at Sunrise of Scottsdale are extremely helpful, accommodating, and very personable. It has a very home-like atmosphere and not sterile. The rooms are great and well maintained. They were freshly painted and cleaned when we moved in. There are good amenities too. My mother already needs all the help she can gey, so they all have the handicapped features in place as well as the emergency cords. There are a lot of staff members always available. It is very nice, and we feel very fortunate that we got a very large space for both of my parents. They have lots of things like regular trips. They have trips for breakfast and lunch, food shopping, pharmacy, and Wal-Mart. They had a really lovely holiday brunch for Mother's Day. They have bingo, movies, and crafts. There is always something going on. The thing that struck me most about the place is that the residents are always up and about whether they are in the café or just watching TV. They try really hard to get everybody out of their rooms. They have these rocking chairs in front of the place, so if the residents wander outside, they can sit and enjoy the shade. They do a lot, and there are people around all the time. The food was good when we tried it during the Mother's Day brunch. I was kind of skeptical because they were serving families with salmon, but they really did a good job with it.

Bill107252050 May 13, 2015

I met Carol in Sunrise of Scottsdale, and she was very helpful and very friendly. The facility was nice, and they had a lot of activities. It's dog friendly, and they allow people to have pets. They have dogs in the lobby, which was nice. My mother has a dog, and she likes that. But the facility was a little bit older.

Caring106677550 February 25, 2015

I do visit people at Sunrise of Scottsdale. The staff is very good and very friendly. They have a lot of people on-board, a lot of caregivers -- four caregivers per shift. The food is good. The people are very caring. They have a lot of activities like arts and crafts, poker, bingo, and they take them on trips. It's a good place, and it is clean.

AngelE February 28, 2014

Sunrise of Scottsdale would be my second choice from all the facilities I've visited. We met a lot of the workers and they seemed to be very nice. They showed us around the facility and it was very clean. What was kind of interesting about their facility though is that they had doors that automatically close to block off the different wings of the building in case there was a fire. They could block off parts of the building so the fire would not spread. They have a very nice dining right off the front lobby and they had a little snack bar in the lobby. Their décor was a little bit more Victorian looking although little less modern, but it was clean and cute.

Emmyrose August 20, 2011

This facility has 58 assisted living apartments. They are studios and one bedrooms with partial kitchens. Each room is handicapped equipped. All have cable.There are emergency pull cords.

The building is beautiful. As you walk in there is a wooden staircase, nice decorations of stone and marble. They have flowers and fountains as well.

They provide all laundry and housekeeping.

There are three licensed nurses on duty during the weekdays and on call. They do not have a house doctor but one comes in and is on call. They have a physical therapist who comes in, They also have a podiatrist and chiropractor who come in. They have plenty of certified caregivers on duty. The staff seems caring.

They are licensed for all 3 levels of care. They have hospice residents.

They have a restaurant style ding room which provides three meals a day. They always have 2 specials and an alternate menu. Snacks are served and available. There is also a bistro outside the restaurant for coffee and juices.The food is good.

They do transport for appointments within 10 miles.

On the enclosed grounds they have walking paths, benches, lots of greenery and flowers. /They have covered patios.

They have a theater and computer room.

Activities here are great. They have bingo, cards, parties and bbqs. They are planning a sock hop, /they bring in outside entertainment. They take the residents on community walks. For outings they go shopping, out to Olive Garden for lunch, and to church.

I feel this is a great place.

S.Sherrill June 10, 2011

Sunrise is a small, elegant facility, with lots of personal attention to the residents. I've seen them modify a penthouse unit, prior to a lady moving in, to ensure her happiness. She was thrilled with her new apartment, and she says that they treat her like a queen.

From Sunrise of Scottsdale

Step into the senior living community of Sunrise of Scottsdale in Scottsdale, Arizona, and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture and comfortable community areas, to our choice of suites, exceptional outdoor gardens, and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent at this assisted living community is a welcome one.

Sunrise of Scottsdale is built upon a commitment to our residents and their families. We believe no two people are alike, so the assisted living services and attention we provide should never be exactly the same. That's also why we offer a variety of lifestyle, service and care options. By providing these choices, we not only offer solutions for today, we provide the security of knowing that there are options for tomorrow.

In addition to offering senior housing in Arizona, Sunrise of Scottsdale also boasts Alzheimer's care, assisted living, respite care, and short-term care.

Sunrise was founded based on a simple but innovative vision for senior living that emphasizes quality of life. It begins with the senior and their needs, and results in tailored living, service and care options, delivered by a team of Designated Care Managers, so our residents receive the care that's just right for them.

Features of Sunrise of Scottsdale

• Religious services
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• Staff patient ratio: 7 to 1
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)

• Licenses: Directed Care License