Scottsdale Village Square

2620 N. 68th Street, Scottsdale, AZ, 85257

Reviews of Scottsdale Village Square

Mary119195650 January 19, 2016

The visit at Scottsdale Village Square was OK, but it’s not what my cousin wanted. We had lunch there, and we were not impressed with the food. The biggest drawback that there was a distance between the apartments and the dining room with no way to maneuver; they didn’t have golf carts or any other way to move their residents.

Hello Mary119195650, Thank you for taking the time to review our care center. We are glad you came to visit our campus but disappointed that we were not able to meet your cousin's needs. Our outdoor Assisted/Independent Living campus is not a fit for everyone. We do hope that your search results in finding the best community for your family member. If we can be of service in the future, please let us know. Thank you.

Julie T. October 28, 2015

My second choice for my mom was Scottsdale Village Square. They were nice, but I like the other facility better. The staff was very informational and helpful to me. They did give me a nice tour. They were all good people there, very caring as well, but I didn't like the place as well. I just didn't get the feeling I got at the other place. It was set up very different. Everybody had their own front door, but it was to the outside. Mostly the reason we didn't choose this was the way the apartments were laid out. I just didn't feel it was safe for my mom.

JMCQ August 26, 2015

The nursing care was excellent and the therapy department was great too. They got me up and walking. Everyone was so friendly - the staff and residents. They always had a smile on their face.

JMCQ, Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at Scottsdale Village Square. We believe our nursing and therapy teams are some of the best and are thankful that they made your stay an enjoyable one. We wish you continued health and recovery!

Jan110811750 August 14, 2015

Scottsdale Village Square is very nice and very well taken care of. The staff is very helpful, accommodating, and friendly. The rooms are very nice, the dining room is very lovely, and the food is excellent. From what I have seen, everyone seems to enjoy it very much, and there’s a wide selection. They’ve always got things for the residents to get involved in -- exercise classes as well as music going on, celebration of birthdays every month, bingo, games, and movies. They always have something for the people to participate in and socialize.

Thank you so much for providing feedback on your experience at Scottsdale Village Square! We are so pleased that you have enjoyed our dynamic campus and the community that is created as residents and employees interact together.

MJS1 May 24, 2015

We can't say enough about how great the staff are! Facility and residents are always clean. Staff treat us as family with absolute respect and care, like a queen. Staff is worth their weight in gold!

Thank you, MJS1! I am so glad that you are enjoying the community and have been welcomed to the family here at Scottsdale Village Square. Our staff seeks to treat every resident and their family with the dignity they deserve. It is truly a joy to serve with such a great team. Thank you!

Harriet H. May 24, 2015

The service at Scottsdale Village Square is excellent. I have a lot of fun here. Everyone is so nice. My family wanted me to move in for a while. They talked me into it, and I'm sorry I didn’t listen sooner!

Thank you, HH! So glad you have enjoyed the community at Scottsdale Village Square!

Elsie B. May 15, 2015

The campus at Scottsdale Village Square is beautiful. The people are friendly and the staff is helpful. I would definitely recommend it.

Thank you so much for your positive review, Elsie. Our team members strive to exceed resident expectations in all we do and are pleased that you chose to make Scottsdale Village Square your home!

a horrible mistake January 30, 2015

My dad was there for a month. I DO NOT recommend the care center AT ALL!!! Unless your loved one is basically non communicative and non-ambulatory DO NOT place them here. He had a traumatic brain injury and supra-pubic catheter but was still funny, charming and communicative. We were very clear about my dad's needs. Their care is to stick every one (regardless of the level of care and mobility) in one big room ALL day. At night they are left alone in separate rooms. There is one tv in "the great room" that was usually set to music or spanish television. My dad had urinary problems and was suppose to drink A LOT of water. He never had water at his table unless I was there to ask for it. Fortunately I was there a lot. While there his co2 levels became very high. Instead of addressing this issue with breathing treatments they just gave him more drugs that just made him sleep. The doctor "on duty" was never around to discuss his treatment and rarely returned phone calls. The final act was sending him to a doctor we've never heard of without letting us know. From there he was transferred to Scottsdale Osborn. 3 days later he died. Putting him in SVS was one of the great regrets of my life. DON'T DO IT.

Philip7 November 26, 2014

My mom is in Scottsdale Village Square. It is very nice. It has garden apartments. It is well landscaped. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The food is good for institutional food. Everybody is accommodating. They have activities. I tell them to put me on the waiting list. The sanitation is excellent.

Jill14 June 19, 2014

I visited Scottsdale Village Square, and the facility is lovely. They have big units, and it was very, very nice. I was very impressed with it. I went at lunchtime, and it was very welcoming. I wish my mom would agree to stay there. I didn’t eat, but I was able to see the menu and it was good. I saw that the people were definitely interacting with one another, and it seemed like a very, very great place. The gal that gave me the tour was very nice and very friendly.

aidetomom March 16, 2014

The individual private apartments are great and residents have as much privacy as they want. However, staff contact with residents seems insufficient, food is an issue and med management is inconsistent. Would only recommend for the highly independent.

Ken13 January 18, 2014

My sister has been in Scottsdale Village Square for three months now. They have independent and assisted living. They also have long-term and short-term nursing and memory care facility. There is a mixture of old people there. My sister has onset of dementia and she is on a unit with people around her age. Each unit has about 15 rooms. She has her own room, which is just like a bedroom in a house. Everything there has to be wall mounted. Even her TV is wall mounted. Her door opens to a courtyard which is controlled by security gate that she can't open. At night they have security outside that walks around and controls the grounds. In terms of activities, they have cards, bingo, movie nights, etc. They also have beauty parlor on site. They do day trips where they take residents out to Wal-Mart or to go shopping and stuff. They also do physical therapy and they would take people to doctor appointments if need be. Food is good; however, they're not allowed to have any food in their room. They have to go to the dining room to eat and even for their snacks. They control their intake of sodas and they're not allowed any caffeine. The working staff is good. They have their own nurse and aides.

Caring72307250 October 09, 2013

Scottsdale Village Square seemed like a good place to be. The best thing about it is the cost and I'm close to family here. I'm living on a 2-bedroom apartment. There is some entertainment but not a great amount. They take us on trips that are probably within 25 miles of the place. I'm not sure why they have arranged trips to casinos or anything closely resembling that. The food here is so-so. However, they seem to tell you what they think you want to hear to get you in here and then gradually take it away from you.

From Scottsdale Village Square

Scottsdale Village Square has provided the highest quality customized care in a peaceful neighborhood style community for over 35 years.

Today, Scottsdale Village Square's compassionate and caring staff serve the needs of our community by providing a continuum of care which includes independent and assisted living apartments, secured memory care, skilled nursing rehabilitation, and secured skilled nursing.

Preserve your independence in our outdoor apartment style community. Our family-owned campus offers a lush desert landscape with plenty of gathering areas for your enjoyment and relaxation.

Features of Scottsdale Village Square

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Psychiatric care
  • Pharmacy
  • Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: We have 24 hour nurses
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Pool
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Minimum memory care rate: $4,250/month

• Staff patient ratio: 10 to 1
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 55