Atria Park of Sierra Pointe

14500 N. Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd., Scottsdale, AZ, 85260

Reviews of Atria Park of Sierra Pointe

Caring111168150 August 21, 2015

It felt like an extension of home, which was really good. You didn't have this sense that this is just where people come to die. We met a very active group. Peter was great in taking me around several times, and I bought mom back to see the place; she was delighted. They offered painting classes, and they had a walking group and Bridge group. All of that would've been good for her. She liked Atria Sierra Pointe, and she could see herself living there. They were also offering to have an interior designer that they pay to come to your home to help you choose what things to bring and what would work for safe planning, and that was a wonderful thing to offer for these folks. Pets were allowed. There were lots of field trips, and they had one whole activity room. They would sign them up for activities whether it's concerts, plays, or Diamondbacks games. They were amazing.

son1945 May 17, 2015

Since Atria has taken over Sierra Pointe it has gone downhill quite a bit. The staff is still wonderful but the quality of food and services has suffered greatly, apparently in consideration of Atria's bottom line. Assisted living residents are "locked in", requiring them to be buzzed in and out of the facility and they are not permitted to attend any activities on the independent side of the building regardless of their capabilities. Atria's first rent increase was over 5% and they readily admit that future increase may go as high as 7%. Less quality for more money seems to be their mantra. I would not vouch for the future of this facility based upon Artie's corporate approach which is unfortunate since this used to be a wonderful place to live.

We appreciate you taking the time to share with us. We’re sorry to hear of your frustration, and would like the chance to connect with you to learn more about how we can improve your experience at Atria Sierra Pointe. If you’re comfortable with sharing more, please reach out to us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

Bill107252050 May 13, 2015

Atria Sierra Pointe was a luxury place. It's the most expensive, but it's very topnotch. Everything was new, and it had the modern, high-end look. It had a really nice cafeteria. I just thought it would be a little bit too large a facility for my mother, and the residents might be a little bit higher than my mom's social class, but they were very helpful and friendly and showed us around.

Caring99727950 February 22, 2015

We have put my father in Atria in Scottsdale. It was one of our five selections, and it was the cleanest. His apartment was the largest out of all the ones that we had looked at, with two bathrooms and two bedrooms, and we really enjoy the people that work there. He seems to be pretty well pleased with the food, just like any restaurant. He has some good and bad meals every once in a while, but overall he is very satisfied with it. One of the complaints is that they only serve one meal on Sunday, just brunch. Unfortunately, my father does not want to engage in activities. They have quite a few: museum trips, grocery store trips, art events, happy hour, and card games.

SRRA December 20, 2011

I have visited Sierra Pointe this pass spring. In general, I thought Sierra Pointe was absolutely beautiful. Sierra Pointe was so breathtaking.

The grounds of the facility are outstanding. This facility offers so much like pools, spas, and nice gardens. The common areas of the facility is amazing. Everywhere you looked was amazing from the decor to the staff. The residents' rooms were huge and offered so much unlike other facilities, Sierra Pointe offers residents safety, entertainment, and many professional services right on the grounds.

The staff and management of the facility are amazing. You get every healthcare professional there is from the doctor to the caregivers and all of them were so nice and friendly was just amazing. The staff was interacting with residents  everywhere I turned it was like a mini inside community where everyone knows everyone.

While I was there, I noticed the residents had many activities and entertainment to do throughout the day. Also that Sierra Pointe can care for all levels from independent to assisted living.

Overall, Sierra Pointe  is a beautiful rich filled facility full of life and enjoying it to the fullest type of facility. I would recommend anyone looking for a very active classy community in northeast Scottsdale to Sierra Pointe anyway!

Five stars a must see community!

Candace Ropp October 01, 2011

The morale among the residents in this facility is very high. They all seem to get along nicely and I have seen many situations where they have been supportive of one another. They all seem so happy, active, and confident. I love talking to them because there is this type of positive energy that like radiates off of them. They always have new stories to tell me and they love to talk about all of the happenings around the facility. I always look forward to my visits and I know that for the most part, they will probably be good visits. The staff is also very welcoming and friendly.

The facility is beautiful and you can see the McDowell Mountains from many different places throughout the building. The apartments are pretty spacious and they always seem very clean. There are a few apartments where the residents knick knack's and personal items make the apartments very cluttered and they are placed all throughout the rooms, one apartment has items stacked on the floor. I worry about the resident's safety in these rooms as they could trip, fall into things, what could happen in the event of a fire, and so on. I think that the staff need to get in there and help the residents to better organize their belongings and make their apartments an easier place for them to move around in. There are many amenities available and I always see the residents taking full advantage of them, which is great! I love seeing the residents roaming about and socializing with one another as oppose to them being in their apartments all day. I actually think that the residents spend more time out of their apartments then in them!

The facility is made up of three main Independent Living floors and then the Assisted Living area. The services and amenities are spread out among the main floors. Kids love running around exploring the community and there are many kid-friendly areas to play. There are many families that spend a lot of time in the facility visiting, so they also take full advantage of all of the services. I have had many kids that visit the facility tell me that they like the second floor the most because there's a huge movie theatre, a game room, craft and activity rooms, a computer lab, and an aquarium that is built right into the wall. A resident told me once that whenever his great-granddaughter visits that he and her will sit in front of the aquarium and together they give the fish funny names. He says that they're his favorite times and that he's so thankful that Sierra Pointe thought of the kids too.

Dining at Sierra Pointe is like dining in a restaurant, only there is better wait staff in the facility then in most restaurants. There are options available to satisfy all cravings, whether it's a cup of coffee, a snack, or an exotic dish. There is a buffet available on the weekends and it is really good. A variety of food is offered and they have a great omelet bar. The pastries and bagels are also really tasty. There is also a wide variety of menu options so whether you feel like a grilled cheese sandwich or filet mignon, the possibilities are almost endless. I have eaten there a few times on the weekdays and I wish everyone could experience eating at Sierra Pointe at least once.

Sierra Pointe may be a bit more costly than other facilities in the area but I really think that in the end when you look at the quality of care, the amenities and services offered, and all of the opportunities made available to the residents, I think that it could be worth spending a bit more. I think that the staff really does strive to provide the best possible care to each resident and while the facility is a very nice place to visit, you need to make sure that it is the appropriate place for you or your loved ones to live.

S.Sherrill June 10, 2011

Sierra Pointe is a beautiful, resort-like facility, where the residents are treated like royalty. They have plenty of social activities, and a friendly, caring staff. They also have the most magnificent saltwater aquarium I've ever seen, built into the wall, on the second floor. Last I heard, there was a 2 year waiting list to get into Sierra Pointe.

From Atria Park of Sierra Pointe

Our luxurious, resort-style community is situated in a residential neighborhood in North Scottsdale with stunning mountain views and kaleidoscopic sunsets. We’re within walking distance of shopping, dining and banking less than 20 miles from downtown Phoenix.

At Atria Park of Sierra Pointe, older adults enjoy the freedom to live as they choose, in the area they know and love – without the burdens of maintaining a home. We also offer discreet assistance to accommodate the needs of our residents as they change.

With endless opportunities to travel, learn, experience and meet new people, each resident creates a lifestyle perfectly suited to their tastes, complete with comfortable amenities and outstanding service. Life at Atria Park of Sierra Pointe is always eventful. Through our signature Engage Life® program, residents enjoy a wealth of opportunities for enrichment, enlightenment and fun every day.

Largest licensed ALF community in the area with 216 units with license for 250 offering all three licensed levels of care in State of Arizona--supervisory, personal and directed care with two neighborhoods in one building on one campus.

Features of Atria Park of Sierra Pointe

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Pool
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym, W/D in residence

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: None

• Licenses: We are licensed for directed, personal and supvervisory care
  • State License(s): AL9474C

• Financial guidance extra: We provide names of local resources to help

Location of Atria Park of Sierra Pointe