Friendship Village of Schaumburg

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Friendship Village of Schaumburg

January 15, 2016

By caring daughter116499950

Friendship Village has nice, fairly large apartments. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They have a lot of outdoor space, a swimming pool, two libraries, a game room, and church services. They also have a bus that takes residents shopping.

September 23, 2015

By Not Friendly

A friend has been. at F.V. for several years and the food has gone way down hill. The veg is often served undercooked making it difficult for denture wearers to chew. A cold sandwich and barely warm, watery soup constitutes lunch most days. Often what is listed on the menu is not available. For the high cost of liviing there, residents should get healthy, balanced meals. It is almost impossible to get ahold of staff. No one answers their phone. F. V. is not where i want to spend my retirement years.

July 29, 2015

By Kay42

Friendship Village is great, and they have everything. They have food and several different menus for dinner.

July 04, 2015

By Lynn43

Friendship Village of Schaumburg was unaffordable. The staff was very helpful and very knowledgeable. The apartments were nice. The dining room had a restaurant atmosphere. They had bingo, games, and exercises.

January 26, 2015

By Pat101406150

Friendship Village was very nice although they didn’t have patios on the ground floor, but other than that I liked it. They have a swimming pool, fitness center, spa, and several dining rooms; it’s a big place, but they were a little bit expensive.

October 16, 2014

My aunt lived at Friendship Village for quite a long time, and she needed further services so she transferred to another facility. They have lots of choices for the accommodation, and it is spacious and clean. The dining room was OK, they have multiple bedrooms, and the facility looked secured. They have activities I believe according to their calendar.

March 12, 2014

Unlike the other places which were more like a nursing home, Friendship Village was more condo-living type. It is continuing care, so my brother can go there whatever stage he needs to be in. Right now, he qualifies for independent living. What stands out to me was that they have all the amenities, like physical therapy and a pool. They did have all sorts of buses that can take you wherever you want to go, like shopping, restaurants, etc. Regarding the staff, they accommodated me really fabulously. The living accommodations were up-to-date and modern. They have accommodations from studios to three-bedrooms and they were all granite, brand-new type or refurbished.

February 24, 2014

By Mary86288450

Friendship Village of Schaumburg is top of the line facility. This has got it all. It has aerobic classes during the day, it has a fitness facility, it has a pool, and it also has a beauty shop. The dining room is also top of the line. Everything was very nice. They were very spacious. The rooms and the facility. They keep the facility really updated and modern. Like I said it’s a very, very top quality. The facility is just expensive and we would not be able to afford it.

February 09, 2014

By Beebot

on the surface Friendship Village is a lovely place. The exception if your loved on needs physical therapy or is moved to the Healthcare facility. Aides are for the most part very nice and patient. However, there is not enough staff for the number of patients. Nursing staff is there only to dispense medication. They put all the residents in front of a tv all day long and do nothing to engage those who are still looking for mental stimulation. They confine everyone to a wheelchair so it is easier for them to manuever them. Even folks who started out being able to walk there are quickly put into a wheelchair. There is no attempt to involve them in activity in the other areas of FV. The food is in disgusting. Often served cold with zero flavor. For those patients with mild conginitive impairment there is no effort made to shower these folks if there is even a minimal resistance from the patients. They simply mark their record when the attempt is made to - refused. UTI's run rampant because of this practice in poor hygiene. Medications must be provided by FV resulting in exhorbitant price gouging. Only adjusted when confronted and then magically the prices drop when someone takes them to task. FV as an organization is only interested in making money and does not have the best interest of our aging community in mind. I would definitely not recommend FV - there are plenty of other places that do not require such a huge purchase with no chance of leaving when you discover the true face of FV because your money is non-refundable.

We are very troubled by the negative experience you had at Briarwood Healthcare Center at Friendship Village of Schaumburg. We are committed to the well-being and satisfaction of every resident. Furthermore, we take pride in earning the confidence of residents’ family members, that their loved one is being well cared for. “U.S. News and World Report” has reported that Briarwood Healthcare is a top nursing home. The prestigious designation was made as the result of collected data from the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, which sets and enforces standards for nursing home. Ratings are based on the absence of low incidence of deficiencies in state-conducted health inspections, nursing staff time with residents and quality of medical fare. Because of our dedication to providing excellent resident-centered care, we have earned the prestigious five-star rating for Health Care Centers.

The experience of our residents is overwhelmingly positive, however even this one incident is not acceptable. We encourage you to contact our administrator, Tony Madl with your concerns so that we can address all of your concerns.

March 29, 2013

By Mary49

I visited Friendship Village in Schaumburg, IL for my parents-in-law. It's been in the community forever. It's a wonderful facility but one of the reasons why we didn't select it is because it was more expensive and their doctor does not visit there. They have very nice rooms and I don't think they need to improve on anything.

September 13, 2012

By RDP982

All three of the facilities seemed very nice. My Grandparents decided on Friendship Village because they offered to remodel the kitchen in their unit because it was very out of date and my Grandmother loves to cook. Unfortunately after them staying for quite sometime they grew to dislike the place due to lack of activities for my Grandfather is very limited on movement. They are exploring other options, but it seems to be the same story at most of these places. After visiting all of the three above; Sunrise, Friendship Village, and The Devonshire it seems that the employees selling units there promise the world and when the buyers join everything ends up sliding down hill. All three places the staff seemed quite nice, but speaking of where my Grandparents are staying at Friendship Village they have very limited activities for my Grandparents and they are having a hard time with my Grandfather not getting the care that he needs. (limited exercise, bathing assistance and bathroom assistance) They have been in Friendship Village for a year plus.

July 01, 2012

By ernie1_79

The staff is very nice and helpful. The facilities have something for everyone.

June 23, 2012

By Grandmasgirl4

Friendship village varied. Parts of it are very nice and cheerful, with happy residents and lots of sunlight, but when you visited the areas where residents with more severe disabilities lived it quickly became more depressing.On the whole it is a very standard assisted living/nursing facility, the grounds are lovely but besides that there are really no stand out features, the food is bland and very hospital like, the activities normal, and the hallways and corridors are long and confusing. The staff were generally nice, but they have many residents so they couldn't deal with everyone at once.

May 26, 2012

By Gabsmom10

The grounds of the facility were beautiful. There were many flowering bushes and trees and ponds. The residents can even have their own garden space if they choose. The staff at Friendship was always very polite and accomadating. The building is very secure, as everyone has to be buzzed in. The faciltiy has many places for you to visit with your family and do activities such as pool tables and chairs and couches. There is also a place to entertain your family and have a meal. Overall, it is a place that I wouldn't mind having a family member live.

May 02, 2012

By amill

This facillity has the look of a modern hotel, but beware if your person is not independent, they can not figure out how to navigate the place. A small tiny room for $6,200 dollars a month, it is a shame!

About Friendship Village of Schaumburg

Friendship Village of Schaumburg is an assisted living facility in Schaumburg, IL that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Friendship Village of Schaumburg for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Friendship Village of Schaumburg