The Bristal at Sayville

129 Lakeland Avenue, Sayville, NY, 11782

Reviews of The Bristal at Sayville

Helen111781550 August 14, 2015

The Bristal is brand new. It is lovely. One problem I have with all of them though is that they charge to give the medicines. People who are going to assisted living are going there because they help with medicines generally. So, why do they charge to hand out a few pills?

They have mostly private rooms. They are connected by a kitchenette to another private room. You share a kitchenette, but your bathroom and your room are private. I know some of the residents. It is as homey as it can be in a facility. The grounds are beautifully kept. My friends say the food is adequate. It is in a residential area. They activities like bingo and arts & crafts. I will recommend them to people who have money for that.

We appreciate the acknowledgement of our efforts in this affirming review of our Sayville community. At The Bristal, we work hard to ensure excellent experiences across all aspects of care and services for residents and their families. And we are always grateful when accommodations and amenities are recognized, because they help set our caliber of senior care apart.

In terms of medicine dispensation, yes, there is a cost for this service, because the process is much more involved than simply handing out pills. At The Bristal, we handle the dispensing of prescription medications, over-the-counter medicines and even vitamins in strict compliance with specific protocols that are established and regulated by the New York State Department of Health. All medications must be rigorously accounted for and dispensed in this way due to drug interactions and potential contraindications. That said, residents who are approved by their physicians to take their own medications are certainly free to do so. However, if The Bristal is dispensing these medications, we must do so as the New York State Department of Health dictates, which requires hands-on attention, monitoring and documentation.

In addition, please consider this: When it comes to making a choice about an Assisted Living community, we have found, over our more than a decade operating, that every resident and family has unique and diverse needs — distinct expectations, priorities, perspectives and experiences — and that some aspects which prove essential for some families are less important to others. This is why we encourage all families who are considering The Bristal to visit us in person, take a tour, ask their own questions, and see for themselves what makes us such a successful and sought after senior care solution in the communities we are privileged to serve.

CHImmel May 03, 2015

My mother lived out the last few months of her life here I had never seen her so happy. She was always singing every time I visited. The staff in the memory care unit was absolutely amazing. They treated my mother with respect and dignity. They danced with her, sang with her and enco9uraged her to become part of the community. I miss my mother and I miss visiting the Bristal

John103623050 March 11, 2015

The Bristal at Sayville was clean, the food smelled good, and the people seemed very nice. It was a little above my targeted price range, but if I can afford it, I would love it. I was going to try the food, but I came after they had setup dinner, and you have to have a reservation. It is six months old, so everything is brand new.

Peter30 March 08, 2015

My dad is in The Bristal. It is very clean. They have activities for their residents there. They have an activity room where do a number of things every day. Anything from cross words, current events, movie trivia, sports trivia, and other activities like that. They have a movie theater where they show movies. Residents will bring in DVDs of their own, and they will show them there. They have bingo every day. They have a number of planned trips to department stores, shopping centers, and things like that. My father likes the food very much. They go to the dining room for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They have a menu, and on the menu, they always have 2 or 3 different entrees they can choose from. It is serve to them like a restaurant and not like you have to go on line in a cafeteria. They also have another room -- which they call the Bristal room -- where they have coffee, tea, apple juice, orange juice, water, apples, bananas, sugar free cookies, and muffins, which they can take anytime during the day. The dining area is really nice, very clean, and modern. What stands out to me is that the residents are well cared for and that the people are very friendly and very caring.

Dorothy101854050 March 02, 2015

My father-in-law would be moving into The Bristal. We wanted to stay close to the area because we wanted to visit often. They have an elevator, and there are no saddles on the floor. The chairs on their dining area have wheels on the front, so it is easy for someone to pull it out without sliding all over. They just thought of all the little things. It is clean, and it looks like a hotel. I would just love to live there. The staff is just so personable. It is really a beautiful place. They have clubs and organizations. There's a hair salon. There's a doctor on call. He never has to leave there if he doesn't want to. He never has to worry about the weather. It is a better quality of life for him. They have a menu which has four or five specials every day. We had lunch there, and the food was very good. It was impressive.

Thank you so much for the 5 star review. Our mantra at The Bristal is, "it's not just what we do, it's how we do it!" The team will be very pleased to hear that they are appreciated.

Caring101223150 February 28, 2015

My dad is living in The Bristal Assisted Living at Sayville. We choose it because we want a place close to where I live. The location is good. It is brand new. It has a very cheery environment. The activities people seem youthful and energetic. It did not feel like a nursing home.

Thank you so much for the lovely review. The Sayville team will be thrilled to hear it!

Caring91956350 October 22, 2014

The ambience at The Bristal was absolutely beautiful. The visit was very good. I was treated with a lot of care, interest, and compassion. The only complaint that I would have is the private rooms upstairs are too small. It didn’t fit the Bristal’s ambience.

Caring0807 October 16, 2014

The Bristal was fine, but it wasn’t the right fit for my mom. The people were so nice, and the place was clean. The person I met was very nice. They took us around, showed us the rooms, and showed us different things that went on. There were activities going on when we went in there, and the dining room looked really nice. Everything was great about it.

Ed17 April 11, 2014

We actually visited places with limited licenses. Some of them would say that when my mother was wheelchair bound, she would have to go someplace else. However, The Bristal at Sayville has a better license, but they weren't opening until April or May. The people we spoke to, everybody was very professional. There was no problem with the personnel at all. There was also no problem with the architecture of the building. They showed us pictures of the building; it wasn't finished yet, but it looked like it was going to be a beautiful place when they opened. The staff we talked to were tremendous, it was just the licensing just didn't work out.

From The Bristal at Sayville

The Bristal at Sayville is a lovely community set against the backdrop of a storybook village, one of Long Island’s most enchanting towns. The senior care you’ll encounter here is outstanding in every way. The Bristal family of assisted living communities are the finest in the tri-state area — if not across the country — a perfect balance of care and independence. When you enter our doors you immediately sense a feeling of strength and confidence, one that results from years of excellence across a family of communities. And the staff here keeps things active and lively. There’s never a dull day.

Sayville itself is nothing short of charming, reflecting the character of a real town center along the South Shore in the Town of Islip. There are many stores, shops, sights and services, all very local, friendly and accessible, and with the ferries leaving from here to Fire Island, it’s always bustling and vibrant in the summer. Spirited street fairs and cultural festivals are held throughout the year, celebrating the rich history of Sayville, which dates back to 1738. There’s a new library, a children’s park, and a town beach and marina nearby, plus the LIRR station is only a short block away.

Features of The Bristal at Sayville

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Minimum memory care rate: $6,600/month

• Licenses: ALR with Enhanced and Special Needs

• We help families understand VA benefits

• Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

Location of The Bristal at Sayville