The Bristal at Sayville Assisted Living

Overview of Ratings

4.7

March 11, 2015

By John103623050

The Bristal at Sayville was clean, the food smelled good, and the people seemed very nice. It was a little above my targeted price range, but if I can afford it, I would love it. I was going to try the food, but I came after they had setup dinner, and you have to have a reservation. It is six months old, so everything is brand new.

March 08, 2015

By Peter30

My dad is in The Bristal. It is very clean. They have activities for their residents there. They have an activity room where do a number of things every day. Anything from cross words, current events, movie trivia, sports trivia, and other activities like that. They have a movie theater where they show movies. Residents will bring in DVDs of their own, and they will show them there. They have bingo every day. They have a number of planned trips to department stores, shopping centers, and things like that. My father likes the food very much. They go to the dining room for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They have a menu, and on the menu, they always have 2 or 3 different entrees they can choose from. It is serve to them like a restaurant and not like you have to go on line in a cafeteria. They also have another room -- which they call the Bristal room -- where they have coffee, tea, apple juice, orange juice, water, apples, bananas, sugar free cookies, and muffins, which they can take anytime during the day. The dining area is really nice, very clean, and modern. What stands out to me is that the residents are well cared for and that the people are very friendly and very caring.

March 02, 2015

By Dorothy101854050

My father-in-law would be moving into The Bristal. We wanted to stay close to the area because we wanted to visit often. They have an elevator, and there are no saddles on the floor. The chairs on their dining area have wheels on the front, so it is easy for someone to pull it out without sliding all over. They just thought of all the little things. It is clean, and it looks like a hotel. I would just love to live there. The staff is just so personable. It is really a beautiful place. They have clubs and organizations. There's a hair salon. There's a doctor on call. He never has to leave there if he doesn't want to. He never has to worry about the weather. It is a better quality of life for him. They have a menu which has four or five specials every day. We had lunch there, and the food was very good. It was impressive.

Thank you so much for the 5 star review. Our mantra at The Bristal is, "it's not just what we do, it's how we do it!" The team will be very pleased to hear that they are appreciated.

February 28, 2015

My dad is living in The Bristal Assisted Living at Sayville. We choose it because we want a place close to where I live. The location is good. It is brand new. It has a very cheery environment. The activities people seem youthful and energetic. It did not feel like a nursing home.

Thank you so much for the lovely review. The Sayville team will be thrilled to hear it!

October 22, 2014

By Caring91956350

The ambience at The Bristal was absolutely beautiful. The visit was very good. I was treated with a lot of care, interest, and compassion. The only complaint that I would have is the private rooms upstairs are too small. It didn’t fit the Bristal’s ambience.

October 16, 2014

The Bristal was fine, but it wasn’t the right fit for my mom. The people were so nice, and the place was clean. The person I met was very nice. They took us around, showed us the rooms, and showed us different things that went on. There were activities going on when we went in there, and the dining room looked really nice. Everything was great about it.

April 11, 2014

By Ed17

We actually visited places with limited licenses. Some of them would say that when my mother was wheelchair bound, she would have to go someplace else. However, The Bristal at Sayville has a better license, but they weren't opening until April or May. The people we spoke to, everybody was very professional. There was no problem with the personnel at all. There was also no problem with the architecture of the building. They showed us pictures of the building; it wasn't finished yet, but it looked like it was going to be a beautiful place when they opened. The staff we talked to were tremendous, it was just the licensing just didn't work out.

Photos of The Bristal at Sayville

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Licenses: ALR with Enhanced and Special Needs

About The Bristal at Sayville

The Bristal at Sayville is a lovely community set against the backdrop of a storybook village, one of Long Island’s most enchanting towns. The senior care you’ll encounter here is outstanding in every way. The Bristal family of assisted living communities are the finest in the tri-state area — if not across the country — a perfect balance of care and independence. When you enter our doors you immediately sense a feeling of strength and confidence, one that results from years of excellence across a family of communities. And the staff here keeps things active and lively. There’s never a dull day.

Sayville itself is nothing short of charming, reflecting the character of a real town center along the South Shore in the Town of Islip. There are many stores, shops, sights and services, all very local, friendly and accessible, and with the ferries leaving from here to Fire Island, it’s always bustling and vibrant in the summer. Spirited street fairs and cultural festivals are held throughout the year, celebrating the rich history of Sayville, which dates back to 1738. There’s a new library, a children’s park, and a town beach and marina nearby, plus the LIRR station is only a short block away.

Map of The Bristal at Sayville