Savannah Commons

1 Peachtree Drive, Savannah, GA, 31419

Reviews of Savannah Commons

ly9347 November 20, 2015

I chose to do my internship at Savannah Commons and enjoyed it very much. I had to 140 hours to complete my Gerontology certification and everyone was genuinely nice. The staff remained really engaged in the residents and always addressed the residents on a first name basis unless informed not to do so. It was a family oriented environment.

Ron113788650 September 30, 2015

My mom is at Savannah Commons and so far she is doing well in that place. It’s been a month since she's there. She has dementia and the staff works well with her. She is adjusting very well. We are satisfied and really impressed with their efforts to ensure the safety and the comfort of their residents.

Neva2 July 31, 2015

I had been at Savannah Commons for luncheons several times. They have a monthly lunch and learn, and those were very nice. However, when we looked at the apartments, we turned it down quickly. Their apartments showed mold.

M. Rubin April 09, 2015

We are blessed to have my 75 year old mother living at Savannah Commons. I can't say enough about how pleased we are with Savannah Commons. The buildings are clean, well-maintained, and are equipped to house a range of care levels-from independent, to assisted and memory.care. The staff at Savannah Commons (from the receptionists to the management, to their nurses, janitorial, and dining staff.) are friendly, helpful and attentive to the residents' needs, care, and safety. From the minute you walk in, you know that the staff truly cares about their residents. This responsive climate is directly fostered by the Commons manager, Joyce,whose heart is 110% into providing the best environment and care for her residents. Savannah Commons has gone above and beyond to make sure that my mother is well taken care of. I would recommend this community to anyone looking for a retirement place. Thank you, so much, Savannah Commons, for your attention to my mom and her needs, and giving us such a peace of mind!!

Caring94133950 October 17, 2014

Savannah Commons was very friendly, but they only offered me a packet and said I could call with questions. I did not get to see any of the facility. The staff was nice, but I just spoke to the person at the desk.

MarkA123 August 07, 2014

My Mom, who is 80, has had an apartment in SC's independent living facility for almost a year. It was difficult at first, coming from her own home, but she has made many new friends and she enjoys the activities, including bingo and movies. To summarize, it has been wonderful for her and now she loves it. I've found the staff to be very, very concerned for the residents. They make the place feel very intimate. Some residents spend more time in their apartments; others get out and about and interact more, taking advantage of more of the activities and so on. So it depends on the person. The Executive Director's philosophy is to help people stay “independent” in as many areas of their lives for as long as possible. So if someone needs an extra service, they try to arrange to provide that service or have it brought in so the person can remain in the independent living facility as long as possible. This has worked very well for Mom, who needs some cognitive help but is really sharp in many areas and is in tip-top shape physically. Mom continues to desire her independence, of course, and it would be a shame to move her into a more assisted environment overall because of one or two issues. I appreciate SC's sensitivity to these issues. The design of the facility naturally sends residents off the elevator in front of the front desk whenever they go to meals, many of the activities, etc. This puts the staff's eyes on them multiple times each day, and the staff can be alert for signs of physical problems and memory/dementia issues and so on, very naturally. As the Executive Director said to me, “If someone has lived here for awhile, and they come to the first floor for dinner and turn right instead of left, that tells us something.” The staff go to continuing education to learn about these issues and what to look for. The staff all know my mom by name and I have come to know many of them as well just through our visits. Mom loves this place. It has a slightly gentile/Old South feel to it, in a very caring way. This Northerner really appreciates that! I can tell the staff love the residents and would do anything possible to help them, from the heart, if you know what I mean. The grounds may not be the most beautiful; there’s not as much natural walking space, which has always been important to my Mom. But as she says, “I can walk in the halls and in the parking lot. What matters to me are the people.” Amen, Mom.

Melinda11 March 21, 2014

The staff was very accommodating and seemed very well informed at Savannah Commons. The rooms were nice and very clean, but they were not as nice as the others. I don't really have any complaints about them except that I didn't really like the facility. It's multi-storied and there's not a lot of space outside for residents get some sunshine. It's in a very small piece of land with very little exterior space. We did try the food. It was not exceptional, but it was certainly more than passable. I guess I like the general layout of each floors. They had large open areas to easy accommodate wheelchairs without any problem. I didn't see quite as much evidence of activities there. But they did have a movie room. One of the common areas on each floor was use for crafts and wheelchair exercises. They didn't have a lot of dedicated space for individual things, but they had a lot of common space that they use for scheduled activities.

Caring79598650 March 16, 2014

My mother has been living in Savannah Commons since May. She has an apartment with a very small kitchen, a large bathroom, and a medium size living room and bedroom. I liked that the apartment faced the courtyard, and she liked to watch the birds and the flowers blooming. The staff is very friendly. They have trips, they take them to different places for lunch or to different events and shopping. They play bingo and have daily exercises. People also come in to entertain them. The dining room is very pleasant, but mother complains about the food.

K.C.Kitty December 02, 2013

I have lived here 6 months and already they hve raised my "rent' I do not think that is right

Savannah Commons has an open door policy. If any of our residents or residents families believe that an error has incurred to please come see us and we will be happy to assist.

James40 August 27, 2013

Savannah Commons was a very nice and clean facility. It didn't have the hominess but it was adequate. They had card games and crafts when we were there for the tour.

southernarmygirl July 24, 2012

My grandmother had a wonderful time staying here, at least that is what she always told the family. The rent was not cheap, as I recall, but it was worth the price to have her in a secure and friendly place. The staff was always helpful to us when we came to visit and I can not think of an incident where I heard otherwise from any resident. Everyone genuinely seemed happy.I have never visited any other facilities in the Savannah area to compare with so take my review with a grain of salt, but I would not hesitate to suggest this place to anyone looking for assisted-living.

sweetie172008 March 28, 2012

The Savannah Commons is a very upscale assisted living home. It has three parts. Memory care is for patients with Alzheimer and dementia. There building is in the shape of a circle so that the clients are free to roam within that area. It is very expensive at 4,000 a month. The Assisted Living building is for clients who may need help in certain daily activities. The Independent Living building is for clients who are able to do everything by themselves. Savannah Commons has 24 hour security, gym, arts & craft room, dining room, transportation, among many others. It is truly a gem in which you would want to spend your later years.

virtual reader January 04, 2012

I visited this facility and noticed that it was nestled in a beautiful picturesque setting in one of the most beautiful cities in the U.S. When I walked into the facility I noticed how beautiful the interior was and the staff was quite friendly and helpful. I arrived at lunch time and noticed how delicious the meal looked and smelled. I noticed the residents were all enjoying their meal. As I toured the facility I noticed a large library and also a computer room. There was ample seating for residents and visitors. They offer studio, one and two bedroom suites and each suite had ample room with a private bath. Also there are guest quarters for family members that come to visit from out of town. There is a large recreation area and lots of arts and crafts offered along with many other activites for the residents. There are also outside walkways for the residents to stroll about and enjoy the fresh air.

healthcareconsultant December 05, 2011

I visited Savannah Commons. In general, I thought it to be a nice facility in appearance and location.

The grounds of the facility are nice. The common areas of the facility are very clean and clutter free. The patient’s rooms are organized and clean.

I think the staff and management to be professional and helpful. During my visit the staff was very willing and ready to answer questions that I had.

The residents seem to receive quality care there. I visited during lunch time and all the residents that needed extra care was receiving it.

Overall I think Savannah Commons to be a nice facility and would recommend it to anyone seeking assisted living care.

From Savannah Commons