Rubin & Thompson Assisted Living

50 Houston Ave., Saugus, MA, 01906

Reviews of Rubin & Thompson Assisted Living

J Greenwood June 23, 2014

As a new provider in the area it was a pleasure to meet with Eric and tour the facility. It has such a nice home feeling that is so important to many people. It does not have that "institutional" feel to it. The residents have the ability to sit and relax in the living room with a nice large screen TV, enjoy the view of the river and the peace and quiet that comes with all the comforts of home. It's a difficult decision/transition for many families having to place a loved one in a facility that has the ability and capability to treat them with the care, respect and nurturing that is needed. Just like being home.

naddariod June 20, 2014

I am VERY impressed with Rubin & Thompson as well as it's owner Eric Rubin. I toured the facility as a preliminary visit given my mother in law's family history with Alzheimer's as I live close by and this home could become an option for us in the near future. I wanted us to be prepared. Not only was I impressed with the perfectly landscaped grounds, but more importantly, the fact that it is at the end of a very quiet street, has coded exits and entrances, but the STAFF IS OUTSTANDING! I spent a few hours there over the course of a few visits and experienced some meal and activity times and I was just so impressed by how "at home" we felt there. Rubin & Thompson is exemplary compared to other "facilities" we've seen and experienced with other relatives in the past.

Bestformymom February 22, 2013

The owner/director has good intentions but in my judgement, misguided in thinking that what a resident "wants" to do is fine, as apposed to what they should do. I'm speaking of the example given to me from the director. If they want to sleep for the night where they lay, whether it be on the couch or on the floor. Whatever makes them happy. Dementia sufferers do not have cognitive reasoning. In certain circumstances their wants cannot be allowed. I did not find in my visit that the director had a true understanding of the disease.

nursemass April 25, 2012

Rubin & Thomson assisted living is located on a quiet street in Saugus, MA. I am not employed by the assisted living facility. I have visited Rubin & Thomson several times this year to perform nursing assessments on a patient who receives homecare nursing services from the homecare agency I work for. Rubin is a small assisted living that has a homely feeling. Residents seem to interact very well with staff. Balanced meals and snacks are served regularly. My patient seems very comfortable. I would recommend Rubin & Thomson to seniors who prefer living in an assisted living facility that feels less like an institution.

About Rubin & Thompson Assisted Living

Rubin & Thompson Assisted Living is an assisted living facility in Saugus, MA that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Rubin & Thompson Assisted Living for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Rubin & Thompson Assisted Living

• Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: We have 24 hour nurses
  • Hospice care

• Housing extra: Shared living
  • Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Activities extra: Baking Activities

• We charge an entry fee
  • Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Fee structure extra: $5,000 one-time entrance fee

• Staff patient ratio: 2:1
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)

• Licenses: Massachusetts

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)

Location of Rubin & Thompson Assisted Living