Saratoga Retirement Community Assisted Living & Memory Care

14500 Fruitvale Avenue, Saratoga, CA, 95070

Reviews of Saratoga Retirement Community | Assisted Living & Memory Care

March 10, 2012

By bpowell15

We have reviewed and toured the facility this last weekend; we have a family member who soon will be retiring there in this parklike environment with good food, sleep & rest and unending activities to stimulate ther residents' lives to be more meaningful and rewarding. I personally, have seen so many facilities like these since many of my past family members have gone to places like this one...this is the best one that i have seen so far and their management team is on top of everything! The rates are very reasonable and they have thought of ever contingency for their residents and their families supporting same. I would recommend SRC and maybe further down that road, I will become a happy resident myself

March 25, 2009

By Bob Page

My loved one stayed here

My mother's medications were not administered properly, and care programs described for dementia care patients were either non-existent or poorly administered. Our feedback to management on the need to correct various structural and program issues was acknowledged, but never acted upon.

March 24, 2009

By

My loved one stayed here

I do not recommend Saratoga Retirement Community's Assisted Living facility for the care of someone with dementia. Services discussed during the marketing and clinical assessment meetings, were denied immediately after move-in. Our parent was never allowed access to advertised weekly shopping trips and within the first 30 days we were asked to hire additional caregivers to cover trips and daily walks. Staff, including Directors, have had little training specific to dementia care. If you are considering this facility, please make sure to speak with every Director in Assisted Living and observe the staff significantly interact with residents before entrusting your parent to their care. In addition, understand that this "continuing care facility" does not guarantee continuous care for all residents. For our parent and family, SRC lacked clarity in communication, lacked a staff specifically trained in dementia care and lacked compassionate assistance.

Photos of Saratoga Retirement Community

• Staff Patient Ratio: 1 To 6

• Licenses: Dept of Social Services Licensed
  • State Licenses: 435201057

About Saratoga Retirement Community

Saratoga Retirement Community is nestled in the countryside surrounding Silicon Valley. We offer a full range of amenities and services designed to enrich the lives of our residents. Our Residential Style-Assisted Living Program offers five levels of resident centered, personalized support, as needed. Best of all, we are month to month!

Saratoga Retirement Community offers a continuum of care, from Assisted Living, Memory Care and Skilled Nursing with Rehabilitation. We are a not-for-profit campus proudly owned by The Odd Fellows Home of California, a Fraternal Organization with a rich history of serving people.

Map of Saratoga Retirement Community