Heron East

2290 Cattleman Rd, Sarasota, FL, 34232

Reviews of Heron East

Gary108626450 June 18, 2015

The people are very friendly and very informative, and Heron East fit the price range of my friend. They have mostly activities in the afternoon. They do beach volleyball, bingo, horseracing, word games, and chair exercises primarily.

Joe46 November 03, 2014

My dad says the staff at Heron East is very nice, and the food is very good. It doesn’t seem like there’s a ton of activities. The room seemed very nice and clean. I like the bathrooms. Their showers are walk-in showers. They’re very nice and very safe, and my dad can bathe himself in that type of shower.

Caring85568450 June 10, 2014

I like the person that gave us the tour at Heron East. She showed us what they had. They had a lovely room there; however, because my brother had equipment like his walker and, wheelchair, and he wanted his full size couch and queen size bed, it was too small. They only had four large rooms, and they were inhabited by people, and he would be on the waiting list. Other than that, it was very clean, and they had been voted most popular by the families in the area. So, they had high ratings. They took us to lunch and it was fine. I really liked everything about the place.

Gene5 August 13, 2013

I moved in last week to Heron East. They have great people and I'm staying in a private room with a bath. They serve very good food.

jmitch2k August 09, 2013

My mother moved to Heron East about 3 years ago. She has adjusted very well and participates in the many activities provided by the facility. Heron East has a caring and compassionate staff from the housekeepers to the administrators. I am very pleased with all aspects of my mother's care at Heron East and have recommended the facility to many of my friends with elderly family needing assisted living.

From Heron East

Senior assisted living at Heron East offers residents the best of both worlds. All benefits of our senior living community are combined with a full spectrum of senior care services to create a premier senior assisted living community. Residents enjoy beautiful surroundings, on-site amenities and social programs alongside continual on-call medical care.

At Heron East, we adhere to state-of-the-art standards of senior assisted living while providing a special touch. Our residents receive personal and comprehensive care and are consistently treated with the dignity and respect they deserve. Whether our residents need help with day-to-day activities, getting to appointments, or medication management, our caregivers kindly and competently meet those needs.

Our assisted living community in Sarasota has been purposefully designed to provide you or your loved one with a nurturing, comfortable, home-like environment that is attractive and easy to navigate. We foster community and family by hosting many activities and events each month. Residents are encouraged to participate in as many pursuits and outings as they like, appropriate to their ability. No matter what, everyone is treated as an individual person with unique needs.

At Heron East, our residents live life to its fullest as they age in place.

Assisted Living Amenities

• Personalized Care Plans
  • 24-hour Staffing
  • Emergency Response System
  • Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
  • Award winning Wellness Everyday™ programs, provided 7 days a week
  • Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • All utilities and basic cable included
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team

Heron East is a cost effective solution for seniors in Sarasota who are looking for private apartments in assisted living and are working with a limited income - Close Proximity to Hospitals, Medical Offices, Churches, Shopping - Community is located all on one level - Well landscaped Courtyard Areas - A wide variety of daily activities, including Resident requested outings to outside community events

Features of Heron East

• Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Heron East