DeSoto Palms Assisted Living Community

5601 N. Honore Avenue, Sarasota, FL, 34243

Reviews of DeSoto Palms Assisted Living Community

November 20, 2015

By Caregiv1

This facility is relatively new and is well appointed with nice rooms and common areas. Unfortunately I found the management to be somewhat unprofessional and not extremely experienced regarding their approach to providing true assistance. My elderly father stayed there for a week trial stay earlier in the year and we were marketed several times to have him come back. We moved him in several months later when we were able to convince him that he should not be living by himself. Despite the fact that the staff had plenty of opportunity to observe him during his trial stay and that they had an evaluation form from his doctor indicating that he had early dementia, no extra effort was made on their part to get him oriented and into a routine in a new, unfamiliar setting. While he would become temporarily disoriented, when I visited him, he would be able to figure out where he was and self-correct (for example, head down the correct corridor towards his room). Rather than take some remedial actions to help him settle in, they quickly labeled him as someone that was inappropriate for their facility and told us he could no longer stay there after only a few weeks.

June 26, 2014

By Dwayne1832

DeSoto Palms had nice rooms, but the only one they get on Medicaid is a shared room with a shared bathroom. My mother wanted her own bathroom. Their dining room was like hotel-restaurant dining. They had the same basic activities, i.e., card playing, bingo, trips, and going out to eat.

June 19, 2014

DeSoto Palms was lovely. It was like a hotel. The rooms and the lobby were beautiful. Their dining area was like eating in a 5-star hotel. I really liked that. However, my brother decided that he needed more care than what they could offer because they had nurses there, but they were like 7 to 7. They would put you in bed, but there's nobody there at night until the morning expect for the resident manager, who was always there, and my brother might need to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. So, it was not an appropriate facility for him, even though I liked it.

July 30, 2013

By Amiya

I was satisfied with Desoto Palms. The staff was very friendly, cordial and everything was nice. The place was good and it was convenient. We had some food there and it was good.

May 29, 2013

By caring0516113

DeSoto Palms Assisted Living Community is a very nice place. The residents are very active. The food is not bad. The staff takes great pride in their patients.

April 26, 2012

By commercesd

While in the area, we made a stop at the DeSoto Palms Assisted Living Community. Even though we didn't have an appointment, the staff was friendly and accommodating. We had been looking at options for my friend's mother. The main grounds had nice seating areas to relax by. We liked the way the main area was decorated with fresh flowers. We got to see the diverse staff and residents - which seemed to include people at various levels of ambulation. The staff pointed out that residents are regularly invited to participate in everything there is to offer - from outings to indoor games, films and reading groups. Staff seemed to be willing to accommodate any resident need. The nicely appointed rooms were all fresh and seemed newly decorated. The spacious community rooms were well kept and homey. There was a variety of types of food available - for example, meal choices ranged from a complete meal to snacks or lighter fare, for those who wanted it. Every dietary concern seemed to be well addressed. The snacks also looked very good, from fresh vegetables to fruit and hard boiled eggs. Every effort is made to ensure that all residents are taken care of nutritionally. The facility encourages family members to visit regularly and participate in some of the annual activities, such as barbeques and holiday parties. Staff appeared to make every effort to ensure that the residents were both safe and comfortable in this living environment.

Photos of DeSoto Palms Assisted Living Community

Features of DeSoto Palms Assisted Living Community

About DeSoto Palms Assisted Living Community

DeSoto Palms Assisted Living Community offers senior living conveniences and care within a setting that establishes a true feeling of home and security for its residents.Every day is a wonderful day when you enjoy the secure & carefree way of life at DeSoto Palms. From the delicious meals served in restaurant to the superior amenities that compliment your lifestyle, the meticulous attention to detail is evident at DeSoto Palms.

As a full continuum of care community, we offer both Independent living and Assisted Living, all within our beautifully landscaped property. Independence & peace of mind can be yours in a private apartment within our secure environment. An emergency response system, on-site healthcare and other related services make living easy at DeSoto Palms Assisted Living Community.

At DeSoto Palms we are all about making life easier so you can spend more time doing the things you love. We will take care of your housekeeping and linen service, have a chef prepare cuisine for you in a private dining room and of course we have medical staff 24 hours a day.

Every day will be full of activities and experiences, from “learn how to…” classes to sunset cruises. With services and activities like these, you will surely be Living The Life at DeSoto Palms.

• 24 hour Medical Staff
  • Assistance with medication and personal care
  • Check-in and emergency call alert system
  • On-site physician clinic
  • Scheduled transportation for shopping, church, medical appointments
  • Recreational activities and social outings
  • Cafe
  • Game room
  • Exercise Gym
  • Beauty / Barber Shop
  • Chef prepared cuisine
  • Private dining room
  • Pet friendly
  • Fully carpeted with roomy floorplans
  • All rooms and bathrooms equipped with safety features
  • Locally owned and operated

Dining

Fine dining, restaurant style; Whether you plan to dine with friends or your family, your dining experience will be special. As part of your search for an assisted living community, be sure to dine with us!

• Fine dining with chef prepared meals
  • Three restaurant style meals served daily
  • Open seating
  • Diverse menu with daily “specials” for breakfast, lunch and dinner
  • Private dining room for special occasions, birthdays, anniversaries, family celebrations

Wellness

At DeSoto Palms Assisted Living Community, you will find extraordinary professionals that provide therapeutic and educational programs.

• Individualized assessments
  • Physical, occupational and speech therapy
  • Outpatient therapy
  • Fully equipped gym

Thank you for your interest at DeSoto Palms Assisted Living Community. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.

Map of DeSoto Palms Assisted Living Community