Brookdale Palmer Ranch

5111 Palmer Ranch Parkway, Sarasota, FL, 34238

Promotion ends in 5 days!

NOTHING SAYS SUMMER LIKE SAVINGS. Move into a Brookdale community by June 30, and receive a $1,000 rent credit! *Eligible new residents will receive a one-time $1,000 credit to the Basic Service Rate/Monthly Fee following the first 90 days of residency.

Reviews of Brookdale Palmer Ranch

Rex3 June 11, 2015

One of the places they sent me was Brookdale Palmer Ranch. That is where mother is now, and we are very thrilled with them. They are excellent. She was in physical rehab with them for six weeks. We liked them so much that we transferred her to the memory-assisted living, and she will stay there as for as long as she is alive. They are very caring, and they do as we ask. Anything we requested got taken care of, and I highly recommend it. She was in a very large room in physical therapy. It was a single room, which is a very large almost like a hotel style. It is actually big, which was maybe too big, but that is what they had at the time. When they moved her to memory care, they have a studio and one-bedrooms. We thought the one-bedroom was too big for her because she has problems with her knees and walking. We didn't want her walking very much so we figured the studio would be best, and it suited her really well. She loves her studio apartment. I think just like in any food place, you have great days, and there are average days. I don't think I have seen anything bad. My brother, sister, and I have eaten at various times with our mother. It just depends, and I would say it is about average to above average because you are feeding hundreds of people. The big thing in physical therapy side when she was there was getting the medicine on time. They have quite a few people, but sometimes they are half an hour to an hour late. My mother was on anxiety pills, so we had to ensure that they gave it to her early when she was supposed to versus one hour or two later. Because then she would start making calls and things like that and go into a panic attack. But we noticed now since she moved over to the memory care side that they are exactly on time, and we have no problem at all. It was just on the physical therapy side that the medication was not timely. They are going through renovations, so everything is being updated. The room has just been renovated, so we brought new furniture. So it is like a new beach cottage, and she was thrilled with it. We got the furniture in there, but it was already set up nicely. One thing about Palmer Ranch is the location. The area is very woodsy, and it is out in an area where you almost feel like you are in a country club style.

Janet94898850 October 16, 2014

My caregiver took me to the other side of the dining room at Palmer Ranch and they had a division that is assisted living. I saw the sample room. Just darling. They took me down and opened some of the doors. The spirit in that place was very high. No matter where you where, there were people that were cheerful. I felt as though I knew everyone there. They were very talkative, and it was a fun time. I’ve seen some of the activities. They had one group in for songs and they did the exercises. We had people that came in and played the piano and sang. We sang along with them. They had a lot of things going. It was a pleasant experience. I think it’s a newer building. Everything looked like it was in tip-top shape. They allowed my hairdresser to come every week and use their hair salon. That was very lovely. The people went out of the way.

Caring80091350 May 11, 2014

Palmer Ranch is pleasant. The staff seem like they care. My mom is in a studio apartment, which is small, but it's adequate. The dining room is fine, and I think the food is good there from what I've seen so far. They have plenty of things available for them. They do have a church group and a Bible group, they have pedicures and manicures; they do stuff. There is an activity calendar. It is a smaller community, and that is what I like best about it.

Caring66891650 October 13, 2013

Palmer Ranch was one of the first places that I looked and I had almost decided to place my wife there. It's a beautiful location, very homelike, very friendly and I was quite impressed with them. I talked to a number of the patients and they had an arrangement out there so that a non-afflicted member of the family can stay with their loved one which is a very nice thing. Their biggest drawback from my standpoint is that it is a very long, tedious drive from my house.

Larry19 September 27, 2013

I visited Palmer Ranch and I didn't care for this facility too much. The location was fine. The air conditioners in the rooms were more like motel type and it's a multi floor facility. The person who toured us was only there for a week so she was not familiar with a lot of things.

commercesd April 26, 2012

Knowing that we would be in the area, we decided to make an appointment to see Osprey Pointe on Palmer Ranch. They have always liked that area - and my friend's mother had expressed that she liked it as well. Her family has members spread through Florida, so this location would be ideal for visiting her. The grounds were all well manicured - with plenty of areas for residents to enjoy. We really liked how well the staff was prepared for our visit. They had taken the time to find out about my friend's mother and the things she likes. We were shown all of the common areas, all of which were really nice. There were plenty of scheduled and non-scheduled activities to choose from, such as book club discussions, visits to the local library, local culture and beaches. The dining room was really lovely - as were all the adjacent communal areas. The guest lunch meal that we had was really great. The snacks offered include everything from specially designed and prepared baked goods (geared toward health) to fruits, vegetables and other delicious far. Despite the fact that they were made to be healthy, they all looked like they tasted really good. The private rooms were decorated tastefully with a homey, light and airy atmosphere. Each unit has nice views of the surrounding area. Bathrooms were designed with safety seats and rails. All of the seniors looked very well cared for and seemed quite content living within this environment - where they had plenty of freedom, in a safe and sensible place.

JoMary January 12, 2012

My children and I recently entered my brother as a new resident of Palmer Ranch ALF. We could not have been welcomed more warmly by the staff, particularly Pat Z., Community Relations Director with whom we had the most interaction in preparing for my brother's transition, Amy B., Exec. Director, the nurses, and receptionists. All were extremely helpful. The residents were very friendly and pleasant to us and, without solicitation, expressed their positive sentiments re. Palmer Ranch ALF. It is a comfort to us to know that our beloved brother and uncle will be well cared for in his new home.

From Brookdale Palmer Ranch

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Palmer Ranch