Autumn of Sarasota

3251 Proctor Road, Sarasota, FL, 34231

Reviews of Autumn of Sarasota

willows September 15, 2016

My mother is a resident of Autumn of Sarasota, having been there almost a year. Each and everyone of the care staff provides care with love and concern infused into everything they do. Not only for my mom, but love and concern for my father who is struggling without mom at home. .Mother settled in well and is doing fabulous. Carol, the Executive Director as been so supportive of my Dad as he has gone through this difficult transition. I can not say enough good things about the wonderful staff at Autumn, Autumn has been the saving grace for mom and dad.

Cindy117776550 January 31, 2016

Autumn of Sarasota is a beautiful facility, there’s a lot of caring people, and our first impressions were very good. They’ve been wonderful. We toured a lot of facilities and of all these facilities, this one was we’ve heard a lot good things. The administration was extremely attentive and very visible. They have activities everywhere -- they take them out to lunch, they take them out on mystery bus tours. They have a lot of activities.

Barbara119725250 January 29, 2016

Autumn of Sarasota was new and everything was beautiful. They had a nice setup with the hallways, but it did not seem suitable for my mother-in-law. I didn’t think the grounds would have been as nice as for her to get out. It was very small, and kind of limited. If she would be on the second floor, she would be confined. The ceilings of the rooms were very high, they had fans going, but most elderly people do not like ceiling fans.

Thank you for your review Barbara. In our community the hallways are spacious and have many comfortable seating areas along the way to sit and relax in, with welcoming porches that lead into just a small portion of their living area . Being on the second floor is a preference for some of our residents that have come from living in apartments and condos. Our residents can go freely throughout the community and can also enjoy the court yard area and several lovely patio areas, as the entire living area is safe and secure. We have also an expanded outdoor area where our residents can watch the swans from the gazebo. Our ceilings are higher so our residents don’t feel closed in which often occurs with dementia. The ceiling fans in the rooms are mainly for circulation and your right most of the time our residents turn them off and adjust the temperature in their room to a personal comfortable setting.

anonymous115714850 November 07, 2015

Autumn is a big facility, brand new, and the rooms are very large and spacious. It was nicely decorated and had more the feeling of a hotel than a care facility. It was very cheerful inside. It had two floors, and the outdoor space was limited.

Thanks you for your kind words. We have just added swans to the pond area, offering an expanded outdoor area for our residents.

Sanford M. October 29, 2015

My wife is already in the Autumn of Sarasota. It was recommended by a friend of mine. What they primarily have is memory care; most residents are memory care clients. They have two stories, and it is beautifully decorated. There is a therapy group right there at the center, plus they have a beauty shop and a nurses’ station. It is kept clean, and they wash their clothes. It is a little expensive, I think, but it was the finest one I could find; of all those that I looked at, I thought it was the cleanest. They provided the bed, and I provided the TV and a few other things. They have a walkway that goes around in a circle where the clients can walk around what they call the Yellow Brick Road; it’s very nice. And they also have a center atrium with plants in the middle where you can walk out and still be in a controlled environment, which is very beautiful. In addition to therapy, they have activities or exercises, and I think that at least twice a day, they have something going on for all of the clients. My wife doesn’t participate in most of them; she just wants to sit and read, and she is really hard to get to do things, but she does walk the Yellow Brick Road. In my judgment, the staff is very good people, and they seem very conscientious about what they are doing. I ate there once, and I think they are very good. They have assigned seats -- four to a table -- and the same people sit at the table every day. My wife gets out of the room to the table and is served. The big meal is the lunch meal, which I feel is inappropriate, but they get to select some different things. For the most part, I think it is very tasty. They also have snacks available.

Thank you so much for your kind & thoughtful review. We make the main meal lunch at Autumn because it is healthier for our residents. However, if you feel the portions are too large for your wife, we will be more than happy to give her portions sizes that are best for her, just talk to Carol or our nurse on duty. Thanks again!

Caring112084550 September 01, 2015

Autumn of Sarasota was for higher needs. There weren't a whole lot of people there that were able to interact independently. The food was good, they had several dining rooms, and it was a nice eating experience. They had music for people who like that, and they had live music come in. They have all kinds of activities, but my father didn't take part. The rooms had private bathrooms, and some of them had little porches. It was safe, clean, and pretty well tended to. However, it had a difficult system for getting into the rooms, and for memory challenged people, it's kind of difficult. He wasn't very well attended there because he didn't need a whole lot of assistance. They didn't make sure that he changed his clothes when he should have.

Colleen18 July 13, 2015

Autumn of Sarasota is a brand new facility, and it is privately owned. It is the nicest facility that we have been to. The people are wonderful to work with, and it has indoor and outdoor space. It is just a very high quality place. It is absolutely secure and safe. The cooking facility is just amazing; they have a chef that is working there. According to my mother, the food is amazing.

3NT March 20, 2015

I was so blessed to find Autumn for my husband when he needed special care. Autumn has filled his needs in every way, the rooms, food and staff are just great. If you have need of a Memory Care facility, go visit Autumn.

From Autumn of Sarasota

Autumn of Sarasota Assisted Living Memory Care was made to be special. Our community is your home. We’re here to make sure you have the care and support you need to live life to the fullest! It’s all a part of The Autumn Way™:

A Wonderful Way To Live™.

Autumn of Sarasota is a beautiful community where personal choices and independence are a priority. Everywhere you look, folks enjoy life together. The atmosphere is lively and bright. Opportunities to socialize take place every day. Private rooms are spacious and comfortable. Traditional dishes, healthy Mediterranean-style meals and gluten-free options are available daily. It’s your choice and our pleasure.

A Wonderful Way To Provide Compassionate Care.

Memory Care is what we do. We offer customized levels of care based on each resident’s needs. Our highly qualified team understands the challenges of memory loss for residents and families. In-house nurses are available 24/7. We are always here for you… to help your loved one and your family have peace of mind.

A Wonderful Way To Be Active!

We have activities and amenities galore to help our residents thrive. Our beautiful, state-of-the-art campus provides safe spaces to gather, explore and enjoy. Residents enjoy 24-hour access to courtyards and walking paths. Group exercise classes get residents moving and exercising together. Physical and speech therapists are on-site to use at your leisure.

A Wonderful Way To Have FUN!

There’s always something FUN going on at Autumn of Sarasota! Residents gather with friends for movie and game nights. Live music keeps toes tapping, hands clapping and voices singing. Special activity classes are in session to learn new hobbies or pick up old favorites. Fun isn’t just limited to on-campus activities. Our residents participate in a range of special outings around town, from lunches and shopping trips to ball games, movies, the theatre and more! Families are always invited to participate!

A Wonderful Way To Be Safe.

Safety and independence go hand-in-hand. We designed our community in cooperation with the USF Health Byrd Alzheimer’s Institute – a leader in dementia research and care. We’ve included “smart” features throughout to help residents live comfortably, casually and carefree. Personalized keyless entry fobs ensure easy room access. Electronic Medication Administration Record (eMAR) bar code technology records and monitors medication and dosage. Emergency assistance is just a button-push away. Personal support is everywhere.

Our state-of-the-art community was designed in cooperation with the USF Health Byrd Alzheimer’s Institute – a leader in dementia research and care. A personal move-in concierge helps new residents during their transition to a Wonderful Life at Autumn. Our innovative electronic FOB security system ensures easy room entry. We offer 24/7 on-site nursing as well as physical and occupational therapy. We are affiliated with the Alzheimer’s Association, who present caregivers support groups monthly. We will assist with the following: VA/Aid and Attendance, Estate Planning, Elder Law Attorney referrals, Public Benefits Specialist, Senior Moving Specialist with Downsizing & Estate Solutions.

Features of Autumn of Sarasota

• Housing extra: Shared living
  • Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• We charge an entry fee
  • Monthly rent is all inclusive

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• We offer financial aid