Villa Capri

1397 Fountaingrove Parkway, Santa Rosa, CA, 95403

Reviews of Villa Capri

Howard750762 June 28, 2016

Villa Capri was really nice and new. It was like being in a big hotel and pricey. The entrance fee was quite a bit. Everything was quite nice and new. It was almost a brand-new place. For activities, they take you shopping and to plays. The staff seemed very friendly. What impressed me most was that it was new. The place was very clean.

Daryl140287 June 21, 2016

My father is at Villa Capri at Varenna. We're happy with it. The people that work there go above and beyond the call of duty. They're perfect for the job and phenomenal. They can work with people who have dementia.

Jennifer276438 June 17, 2016

I went to Villa Capri, which I liked. However, they said they can't have people there that smoke. It was very nice, very clean, and the rooms were large. The staff was very attentive to the residents and kept them busy doing things. I saw the studio room and the double room, which had a little kitchenette and a tiny living room. If you're sharing a room, you have your own, pretty large bedroom, and it was set up really nice, but the living room is smaller. The studio apartment had a small kitchenette, its own restroom, and a pretty large bedroom, but you don't have a separate living room. They were all very friendly and very informative. Everything was in new condition and very clean.

Linda119082150 January 29, 2016

I went to visit Villa Capri at Varenna. I liked the location of it because it is in town, but it was more expensive. They didn’t have a swimming pool, which is my number-one priority; I always wanted to have a pool. Their dining room was very nice. The person who I was with was very nice.

Joan113399450 September 30, 2015

Villa Capri was absolutely perfect. It was beautiful, the customer service is great, and it would have been perfect for my mom. I have no complaints whatsoever other than the cost. We had lunch in the patio, and it was very good. The food was very good. The staff was wonderful.

DaughterWhoCares1 July 10, 2014

My Mom has been a resident of this community for a few years and I have been very happy with the care she has received. When reading the reviews on this site I was saddened to see a negative one and felt it was my duty to share my positive experience. My Mom started out in assisted living and absolutely loved it! She loves activities and the programming kept her very involved and happy. The Friday trips were a highlight of her week. I feel secure and confident that my mom is well taken care of and that the staff truly care about her. My mom's memory began to get worse and Villa Capri management approached me about moving her to memory care when there was availability. She was not able to do all the activities she enjoyed and in general was much more confused about life. I was nervous at first and not sure how she would do but it went so smoothly all my worrying was for nothing. Memory care has different programing for activities but it is great for my mom because it is on her level and she feels like she is successful and participating. The care staff in memory care work hard, but I can also see that so many of them enjoy what they are doing. The residents are comfortable and I know my mom fells secure in her surroundings which is what I want for her. She is still progressing in her memory loss but I know she loves where she is. Last week she played bean bag baseball and I have never seen her smile so big. Villa Capri is a wonderful place that has made a huge difference in my life and my mom's life.

Caring1976 April 09, 2014

This is the most beautiful, upscale assisted living facility you will visit. Villa Capri boasts beautifully, landscaped gardens and opulent community areas. And that is the focus of the management and staff to showcase a very beautifully appearing facility to people who are visiting and evaluating Villa Capri for their loved ones. But sadly, the facility cuts many corners on staffing and care. They hire mostly people with little or no experience and pay some of the lowest wages in the area so they have very inconsistent care and high staff turnover. The managers do not properly supervise the inexperienced caregivers and are seldom on the floor providing supervising and training. The caregivers are overworked and seem to always be in a hurry to get to the next patient. Furthermore, caregivers frequently apologize and complain that they don not have enough staff to take care of residents needs. It is even worse in "Traditions" memory care where the residents require the most care and are the most vulnerable. Staff talks in front of residents with dementia like they are not there. Due to frequent short staffing, caregivers rush as they take care of residents making them feel like an inanimate object. Memory care residents are treated in a demeaning way. Plates are grabbed away from residents at meal times and people are yelled at to sit down and watch tv so they don't fall. It is shocking how quickly residents decline when moved to memory care. It is very upsetting for me to witness how staff doesn't take the necessary time with residents for them to have quality care. All the Director of Villa Capri cares about is charging as much as possible for care without regard for having adequate staffing to provide for the care needs that are in the residents care plan. It is sad, because the facility is beautiful but there is no heart underneath. Only go to Villa Capri if you can live there with little or no supplemental help from staff

Caring66843250 November 27, 2013

Everybody says Villa Capri is the best in the area. The staff is good. They all know me and they also knew I have diabetes, but my room is just small.

caring4869 May 15, 2013

Villa Capri was recommended to me by a geriatric care manager in Sta. Rosa. It is very nice and very well staffed, the rooms are beautiful, and the food is fabulous. The staff is very pleasant, courteous, and very efficient. They have exercises and arts, a movie every night, and people coming in to perform musical concerts of various kinds. My mother's only been there for about a week and a half, she's got dementia and newly widowed, so she's not happy with anything at the moment. I wish they had a visiting doctor though to check on the residents just like in other facilities.

commercesd June 14, 2012

Knowing that we would be in the area, we decided to make an appointment to see Villa Capri at Varenna. We've always liked that area and our aunt had expressed that she liked it as well. Our family has members spread through Illinois, so this location would be ideal for visiting her. The outside areas were well kept and looked peaceful, which is important to our Aunt, since she enjoys reading and writing outdoors when the weather permits, which is most of the time. The indoors were impressive, with a nice library area and a large room for other activities, like board games and computers. There are other areas where residents may read, sit with friends or just relax. We liked the exercise room where they had yoga mats and machines. They also have scheduled classes for those who are interested. We happened to be there when they were offering snacks. Despite the fact that they were made to be healthy, they all tasted really good. The dining room was really lovely as were all the adjacent communal areas. The guest lunch meal that we saw was really great. Residents enjoy a restaurant dining experience with original culinary and traditional creations and a wide variety of meal options. The nice atmosphere makes the dining experience pleasant. They understand that each situation is unique and they work on a case-by-case basis to assure that each senior's needs are properly met. We really liked the vibe here and recommend that others check it out.

Kristina788 January 28, 2012

The minute I drove up the environment was very welcoming and warm, and the views were spectacular. The hospitals are very close if needed. The outside of the building is clean and beautiful. It has a covered area in front of the door for anyone being dropped off will be dry if it is raining. You walk in and you automatically feel you are visiting a 5 star hotel. The concierge is in the front waiting to help you. If you go straight through you will see lots of calm, sitting areas, and then it opens up to a beautiful patio. The staff are all very nice and welcoming. They are there to serve you and get you anything you need. The rooms are spacious enough to feel like you have your own apartment. It literally feels like you are staying in a hotel. The dining room is spacious. It is very clean and spacious throughout the whole place. There are organized activities if you choose to participate. This site also has a memory loss unit, and up the hill there is a retirement community. If anything I recommend that anyone take a tour of Villa Capri, just for the experience, it is absolutely amazing.

From Villa Capri

Villa Capri is a beautiful Assisted Living and Memory Care community situated on a lush campus with lovely views, industry renowned dining, and endless on-site amenities.

Here, a rewarding lifestyle promotes independence which is enhanced by comprehensive support tailored to suit your needs. Experience for yourself what makes our community one where life keeps getting better and better.

Villa Capri is a family owned community. We have 7 day a week nursing staff and 24 hour staffing. We have beautiful views of the vineyard on our property and the hills of Santa Rosa. We feature restaurant style dining as well as a beautiful private dining room for special events. Our memory care have activities happening 7 days a week to keep our residents happy and active!

Features of Villa Capri