Brookdale Fountaingrove

300 Fountaingrove Pkwy, Santa Rosa, CA, 95403

Reviews of Brookdale Fountaingrove

Anonymous108502150 June 15, 2015

They were very nice and very accommodating at Brookdale Fountaingrove. The rooms and apartments were nice. They had movies, music, classes, and exercises. I think they also go out on tours.

Mimi9 May 23, 2015

Brookdale Fountaingrove appeared to be extremely well managed. The people were very kind. The menus looked interesting and were extremely flexible for people who have certain needs. The rooms and apartments looked adequate for me. In some of the one-bedroom apartments, the living rooms were really new.

Lou8 April 21, 2015

Brookdale Fountaingrove was very nice. They had low exercise. The staff was very nice. If had a second choice, we probably would have been there.

Caring107969150 March 20, 2015

Emeritus is mediocre at best. They have to be an advocate for your patients and really keep on top of things, you get what you need, and they offered games.

Beau1 March 17, 2015

I did visit Emeritus at Santa Rosa. Unfortunately, when we went by there, it had a flu epidemic so we didn't get to do a complete tour. The amenities that they offered for memory care were great, but again, it seemed like it was for an accelerated dementia in the sense that -- even to only go outside -- they needed an escort. It just seemed there was an elevated amount of care that was needed in comparison to what my mother-in-law needed. It was a very nice place. Again, we were kind of limited on where we could do the tour because they had a flu epidemic. They don't even eat in the dining area. They were feeding everybody up in their rooms.

Caring99332950 December 22, 2014

Emeritus at Sta Rosa was a very attractive place. Everybody was very nice, and the one who gave me the tour was very pleasant. There is nothing I can say bad about Emeritus; it just did not fill my needs. They said they have movies and games, which my husband would never participate in. They had a nice patio area. You could have a private sleeping room plus a little sitting room, but I cannot afford over $8000 a month as we have no coverage.

Caring102311350 November 29, 2014

I also went to Emeritus at Santa Rosa for a visit. It was a very good facility. Its architecture is very nice, but it’s a more expensive facility. The food was great. Everyone is very nice and attentive. What I like the most about this facility is its location and its appearance.

Richard85773350 June 26, 2014

Emeritus is a smaller place, and there weren't as many rooms to pick that might be amendable for my mother's case. They didn't do anything wrong. It just was too small. It still would have a been a good facility. It's a good place, but not quite what we were looking for. They were very courteous and answered all my questions.

Caring80056450 April 09, 2014

Emeritus was built by a large hotel company years ago. It's not a homey type of place. It's like a big building, and I wasn't really impressed with it. The staff was very nice. They even invited us for lunch, but they didn't eat with us. So we didn't get to talk with them. We didn't get to talk with any of the other people, and I just didn't feel that the occupants were really happy there.

The rooms were about the size of a hotel room, and it's dark and gloomy inside. I couldn't live in it. It's too confining. They told us they have some activities, but I didn't see anything going on. People were just sitting around. I just was not impressed with the place at all. It was too impersonal. I don't think they give enough individual attention to the residents.

Lori23 January 31, 2014

Emeritus At Santa Rosa was a very beautiful facility. They have what appeared to be good service and good facilities. It's a well-run facility. My criticism though was that they were never straightforward about the price. They did say that they offer respite care, but when they thought I was interested in it, they started saying that, instead of a couple of days or a weekend stay there, it needed to be a week at a time, so they kept increasing the price. A week of stay there is a considerable amount of money. I was not comfortable with that. I didn’t like what they did because they really change the price around.

Caring Daughter24 November 28, 2013

Very large and nice. It just had the look and feeling of a "Hampton Hotel" something I was not looking for. Staff was pleasant. Did not see many residents but it was a Sunday afternoon tour and the lady giving the tour did say on weekends many residents go out with their families.

Caring1109 September 29, 2013

The lady that showed us around at Emeritus at Santa Rosa was very friendly and helpful. We did not like that it was three-stories and it seemed run down. The rooms were not upgraded very well and the carpets were not changed.

caring4869 May 16, 2013

We visited Emeritus Senior Living and it was also very nice, but too big while the living spaces were too small. The rooms were very clean and the entire place was actually very clean, but I would be claustrophobic if I had to spend more than a few minutes in one of those small apartments.

karesalot November 07, 2012

My husband broke his neck and the doctor put him on a halo brace. It's not his first time in Emeritus. When he got there, they weren't too sure he was going to make it. But he has made it. He's very lucid, and he also watches out really well for himself. The people are very good and they're treating him very well.

DorothyK August 24, 2012

i visited this facility

I haven't made up my mind yet, but I think it's a wonderful place. They have croissants during the morning, very nice croissants, donuts in different forms, and all kind of stuffs. But I have to have gluten-free items. I just don't want a change now. I have allergies that are just unreal.

They'll take you to church, to the doctor. I like the building, the location, being able to look out the window and look across Santa Rosa. I was used to that type of place back in Columbia. I know that I won't be able to find that in California, but it's still the type that I'm used to. They have huge flowers that are donated to them, they cover just about a whole long table. They have piano by the window, place where you can go fix your hair, flat walkways where you can walk, and library. I just really enjoyed it.

judyrn August 21, 2012

Both my parents are staying in the Skilled Nursing area at Emeritus right now, (post falls and one a new hip and the other a new shoulder). The PT and OT have been excellent. The care is exceptional. My mom doesn't want to go home!

commercesd June 14, 2012

My family has been looking at places around California to find an assisted living facility for my aunt. We went to see Emeritus at Santa Rosa, since we have a lot of family in the region.

The spacious grounds were well kept. Indoor areas were all homey. We liked the way the main area was decorated with fresh flowers.

We got to see the diverse staff and residents - which seemed to include people at various levels of care. No one was separated out - the staff simply attended to those who needed it more. This was nice so that they could all fraternize easily.

The staff pointed out that residents are regularly invited to participate in everything there is to offer - from outings to indoor games, films and reading groups.

There was a variety of types of food available. Meal choices ranged from a complete meal to snacks or lighter fare, for those who wanted it. Every dietary concern seemed to be well addressed. Every effort is made to ensure that all residents are taken care of nutritionally.

The facility encourages family members to visit regularly and participate in some of the annual activities, such as barbeques and holiday parties.

Staff seemed to be willing to accommodate any resident need. The nicely appointed apartments were all fresh and seemed newly decorated.

The seniors here really enjoy living here - that was plain to see. The staff is kind, caring and very attentive to all of their needs, whatever they happened to be.

leeb707 April 02, 2012

I visited Emertus Santa Rosa while looking for a facility for my father. I found it to be very nice, very big. The dementia and alzheimer wing were in a separate building. I was very dissappointed with that. My father would be in that wing and I would hate to see him separated from everyone else. There were also door alarms for the residents safety. If my father were to set one off or to be near one when it went off , he would be very scared. The staff was very kind and helpful to me and very good with the residents.

globalautonomy September 30, 2011

I watched my great grandmother for 2 whole years after she was diagnosed with dementia and had to suffer watching her memory weaken day after day. Her motor skills were getting worse and we had to put her in a home. We searched around for awhile and ended up falling in love with EMERITUS for its location, beauty, and finess. The staff are more than accomidating and really want you to enjoy your stay. The facility itself is well maintained, clean as a whistle, and located on a beautiful mountainside overlooking Santa Rosa. There are plenty of activities to do with your family while your staying, so theres never a dull moment. The rooms were beautiful, spacious, and looked quite cozy. The food looked delicious and I'd have to say that I'd rather eat there everyday than what I eat on a daily basis. There was plenty of parking and the outside of the building looked gorgeous as the sun was going down. We had a great time checking out the facility, a great time with my great grandmother and an overall great time. I would recommened EMERITUS Assisted Living Communities to anyone looking for a great and beautiful spot for one of their family members.

From Brookdale Fountaingrove

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Fountaingrove