Merrill Gardens at Santa Maria

1220 Suey Road, Santa Maria, CA, 93454

Contact Now

Reviews of Merrill Gardens at Santa Maria

Sylvia19 September 13, 2015

Merrill Gardens was really nice with really nice activities, and you didn’t have to go outside to go to the dining hall; that was really nice. They have washers and dryers in the room, which was really nice. The one thing I didn’t like about it is that it had a kitchen; I wish they wouldn’t have kitchens in them because they don’t really use the kitchens, and they could use the place for something else. They all go down to the dining hall after all. The staff was very nice and good. The activities were really nice, and they take them to different places. We really like it.

Thank you so much for providing this review for our community. We are happy to hear about your positive experience and we appreciate the feedback regarding kitchens. Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions.

Caring112854750 August 31, 2015

The first one I visited was Merrill Gardens at Santa Maria. It is well-known in the area. They have a lot of features, and the units have a lot of features as well; those seemed good. The units were like a big apartment house. They have different sizes. Also they have a big dining area where anybody can go in and eat at any time from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. They have exercise classes, and they have transportation to and from doctors and shopping.

We would like to thank you for taking your time to write us this review. We appreciate your feedback! Please don't hesitate to contact us directly with any questions.

Trudy5 June 13, 2015

I visited Merrill Gardens at Santa Maria. We were very impressed because it is a beautiful place. It was expensive, but we kind of expected it to be. There was a living room, a bedroom, and a small kitchenette in some of them. We were looking more in the assisted living section. I was very impressed. It was very nice with a balcony on them. They offer a lot of amenities. They have crafts, meeting rooms, and exercise rooms. It looks like there was a lot of socialization going on. The people that we met were very pleasant and seemed happy. We didn't have a chance to taste the food at Merrill Gardens, but it seems very pleasant, and the residents were happy and contented. They were still very mobile in moving around. We were very impressed.

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write us this 5-star review! Thank you so much for the detailed feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a great experience while visiting Merrill Gardens. Please don't hesitate to contact us directly if you have any questions.

Caring106544150 May 23, 2015

I think Merrill Gardens at Santa Maria is institutional. It is too big with three stories, and I don’t like that. The place is very, very clean. The rooms are very nice.

Thank you for taking the time to write us this review. We are glad to hear that our community was clean and you liked the rooms, though we are disappointed that our large community felt institutional for you. If you have additional feedback or questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us directly.

Audrey19 May 02, 2015

What I like about Merrill Gardens is that the grounds are large. There are a lot of outdoor areas. They have a pool and a garden area. The staff was very friendly. The rooms were very nice and spacious. They were also clean and very well kept.

Kym1 October 22, 2013

My mom is all settled at the Merrill Gardens at Santa Maria. We had nothing, but really good experience. All of the staff is really nice and the facility is nice. The room is fine and I thought it was a good place. My mom is really happy and she likes it there. I like how the food and the dining is all day. They don't have a set mealtime, they can just go in and get food any time that they want. So it is more like home in some ways instead of having to stick to a schedule.

Caring9933 April 18, 2013

Merrill Gardens was the facility where my mother-in-law stayed. The place was just fabulous. There were tons of amenities. The food was delicious and tasty. The staff were just amazing. She was super happy there.

Caring310 May 18, 2012

Nothing really impressed me about Merrill Gardens in Santa Maria. We had dinner there and the food wasn't that good. The environment seemed kind of sterile, not as warm as other facilities I've visited. There was a smell to it and the rooms were dark like dungeons. My mom didn't think much of it either. I didn't get the feeling that it was a homey atmosphere.

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your recent experience. We take quality service and customer satisfaction very seriously at Merrill Gardens and have reviewed your concerns with the community team. If you have additional feedback, please don't hesitate to email us at info@merrillgardens.com or call us at 800.379.8831

hinshar September 06, 2011

My Mother and Father became residents in June of 2005 when it was Arbor View and was bought out by Merrill Gardens. My Mother was placed in the Garden House unit which specializes in dementia, alzheimers and other issues that could not be handled by assisted living. My father went to the assisted living facility. My Mother and Father were treated respectfully and I had no worries that they were not taken care of at all. My Mother passed at the facility in 2009 and my Father is now in the same unit that my Mother was in. He loves the caregiviers and the people there and they treat him like he is their own father. The staff caregivers are wonderful and I love visiting with them when I go there. I recommend Merrill Gardens in Santa Maria wholeheartedly.

TaryJer June 24, 2011

Everyone there was very friendly there and welcoming,very warm,they were very helpful,i enjoyed the tour very much.they assisted me to my full expectations,i've also heard from other people that have obtained assisted living from that place and they all say good things so i decided to go on a tour there.

From Merrill Gardens at Santa Maria

Conveniently located between San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara, Merrill Gardens at Santa Maria is a campus-style retirement community that provides a wide spectrum of care. Enjoy being near golf courses, wineries, the Veteran’s Administration Building and Marian Regional Medical Center.

Residents enjoy celebrating birthdays, anniversaries and holidays together, as well as being involved in local volunteer projects. They enjoy use of the community’s private dining room for special occasions. Santa Maria offers scenic coastal state and county parks for picnicking, strolling and more. The nearby Luis Oasis Senior Center offers classes, hiking trips, volunteering, a travel club and more.

Campus-style retirement community. Nearby golf courses, wineries, the Veteran's Administration Building, Luis Oasis Senior Center, & Marian Regional Medical Center. Landscaped grounds with paved walking paths & garden areas. Outdoor pool & spa. Library. Meeting areas. Wellness center. Resident & guest parking. Sutido, 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom apartments & cottages.

Features of Merrill Gardens at Santa Maria

• Diabetic
  • Low fat
  • Low salt
  • Renal

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Pharmacy
  • 24 hour nurses: On-call 24/7

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Minimum age: 65