Merrill Gardens at Santa Maria

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Merrill Gardens at Santa Maria

March 27, 2017

By Deborah288882

My dad has been in Merrill Gardens since January. It is really nice, and people are very friendly. My dad seems to like it OK, and so far so good. The staff is good. They're not medical qualified -- they are more like aides -- but it’s OK. I wish they had more medical experience. Dad is doing all right. He's in a shared room, and he didn’t care for that much. They have a lot of activities, like bingo and music, and they go on field trips. He's in a wheelchair, so it's little hard for him to get in and out of the bus. He just likes to watch TV, and they have a nice big screen TV.
Thank you for writing us this review. We are glad to hear that our team members have been friendly and that your dad is able to enjoy some of the activities.

February 07, 2017

By John P.555552

Merrill Gardens was fine but too expensive for us. My dad needs more care than they can give. It's good for someone who is aged 75 to 95. They had independent living as well.
We appreciate you sharing this feedback with us, and we hope you found a good option for your dad. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance in the future.

November 14, 2016

By Joan802622

Everything at Merrill Gardens at Santa Maria is beautiful, and it's great. The place is wonderful, the food's great, and the tour was very good. It was bright, cheery, and very well planned out. It just was a very nice place, and I was impressed.
We think that Merrill Gardens at Santa Maria is a wonderful community, and receiving this feedback makes us very proud. We are so pleased that you had such a positive experience.

August 24, 2016

By Suzzane133545

We visited Merrill Gardens. The gentleman that was there did not know we were coming, but he took a break and showed us around. When we got there, they were having a special lunch. He showed us around, but he had to leave, so I sat and talked with some of the people, wait staff, and the employees. It was very similar to where my mother lives now, but it was $1,000 cheaper. They had all types of activities, two big dining rooms, a pool, a spa, the hairdresser, and activities in the gym. The only thing that they did not have was the size room that she needed. They were very nice.
Thank you for sharing your positive review with us. We are glad that you had good experience during your visit to Merrill Gardens!

April 24, 2016

By Anonymous Visitor22

Merrill Gardens at Santa Maria looked like a very nice place. We liked it a lot. The staff seemed friendly and knowledgeable, but we didn’t see very many of them and didn’t really talk to anybody besides Gary. The cleanliness was excellent. The dining area and rooms that we saw were very nice.

We appreciate you giving us this positive review for Merrill Gardens at Santa Maria. Please reach back out should you have any questions or need additional information.

January 29, 2016

By JMK2

Everything at Merrill Gardens at Santa Maria is wonderful. The staff is knowledgable, and answered all the questions we needed. The rooms were excellent; open, friendly, and in excellent shape. The food is excellent too. They have too many activites for my mom to participate in.

Thank you so much for providing us with this positive feedback! We are so pleased to hear that you had a wonderful experience with Merrill Gardens at Santa Maria.

December 30, 2015

By Robin121430650

My parents will be moving in Merrill Gardens. This community has very high standards. They are very good, unlike the other facilities that I checked out. Everybody -- the staff and residents -- is friendly. I like them a lot. When we had lunch during our visit there, the residents turned around from their tables and told us that Merrill Gardens was a really happy and fun place to live. Their dining room reminds me of a crew ship on land. It opens from 7:00 to 7:00 and serves special meals every day. You can even tell them what you want in your salad bar and they put it on it. They have one-bedroom apartments, studios, and two-bedroom apartments. Everyone there has their own air conditioning and heating. They have a calendar of activities they do every day and do bus trips almost everyday. They have puzzle games to play, too. It's a very secure place, as well, because you have to sign in and out at the desk to get in. They have security guards, which very much impressed me!

We appreciate you taking your time to write us this kind review. We are so glad to hear the positive feedback about your experience, and we look forward to providing a great environment for your parents!

September 13, 2015

By Sylvia19

Merrill Gardens was really nice with really nice activities, and you didn’t have to go outside to go to the dining hall; that was really nice. They have washers and dryers in the room, which was really nice. The one thing I didn’t like about it is that it had a kitchen; I wish they wouldn’t have kitchens in them because they don’t really use the kitchens, and they could use the place for something else. They all go down to the dining hall after all. The staff was very nice and good. The activities were really nice, and they take them to different places. We really like it.

Thank you so much for providing this review for our community. We are happy to hear about your positive experience and we appreciate the feedback regarding kitchens. Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions.

August 31, 2015

The first one I visited was Merrill Gardens at Santa Maria. It is well-known in the area. They have a lot of features, and the units have a lot of features as well; those seemed good. The units were like a big apartment house. They have different sizes. Also they have a big dining area where anybody can go in and eat at any time from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. They have exercise classes, and they have transportation to and from doctors and shopping.

We would like to thank you for taking your time to write us this review. We appreciate your feedback! Please don't hesitate to contact us directly with any questions.

June 13, 2015

By Trudy5

I visited Merrill Gardens at Santa Maria. We were very impressed because it is a beautiful place. It was expensive, but we kind of expected it to be. There was a living room, a bedroom, and a small kitchenette in some of them. We were looking more in the assisted living section. I was very impressed. It was very nice with a balcony on them. They offer a lot of amenities. They have crafts, meeting rooms, and exercise rooms. It looks like there was a lot of socialization going on. The people that we met were very pleasant and seemed happy. We didn't have a chance to taste the food at Merrill Gardens, but it seems very pleasant, and the residents were happy and contented. They were still very mobile in moving around. We were very impressed.

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write us this 5-star review! Thank you so much for the detailed feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a great experience while visiting Merrill Gardens. Please don't hesitate to contact us directly if you have any questions.

May 23, 2015

I think Merrill Gardens at Santa Maria is institutional. It is too big with three stories, and I don’t like that. The place is very, very clean. The rooms are very nice.

Thank you for taking the time to write us this review. We are glad to hear that our community was clean and you liked the rooms, though we are disappointed that our large community felt institutional for you. If you have additional feedback or questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us directly.

May 02, 2015

By Audrey19

What I like about Merrill Gardens is that the grounds are large. There are a lot of outdoor areas. They have a pool and a garden area. The staff was very friendly. The rooms were very nice and spacious. They were also clean and very well kept.

October 22, 2013

By Kym1

My mom is all settled at the Merrill Gardens at Santa Maria. We had nothing, but really good experience. All of the staff is really nice and the facility is nice. The room is fine and I thought it was a good place. My mom is really happy and she likes it there. I like how the food and the dining is all day. They don't have a set mealtime, they can just go in and get food any time that they want. So it is more like home in some ways instead of having to stick to a schedule.

April 18, 2013

Merrill Gardens was the facility where my mother-in-law stayed. The place was just fabulous. There were tons of amenities. The food was delicious and tasty. The staff were just amazing. She was super happy there.

May 18, 2012

Nothing really impressed me about Merrill Gardens in Santa Maria. We had dinner there and the food wasn't that good. The environment seemed kind of sterile, not as warm as other facilities I've visited. There was a smell to it and the rooms were dark like dungeons. My mom didn't think much of it either. I didn't get the feeling that it was a homey atmosphere.

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your recent experience. We take quality service and customer satisfaction very seriously at Merrill Gardens and have reviewed your concerns with the community team. If you have additional feedback, please don't hesitate to email us at info@merrillgardens.com or call us at 800.379.8831

September 06, 2011

By hinshar

My Mother and Father became residents in June of 2005 when it was Arbor View and was bought out by Merrill Gardens. My Mother was placed in the Garden House unit which specializes in dementia, alzheimers and other issues that could not be handled by assisted living. My father went to the assisted living facility. My Mother and Father were treated respectfully and I had no worries that they were not taken care of at all. My Mother passed at the facility in 2009 and my Father is now in the same unit that my Mother was in. He loves the caregiviers and the people there and they treat him like he is their own father. The staff caregivers are wonderful and I love visiting with them when I go there. I recommend Merrill Gardens in Santa Maria wholeheartedly.

June 24, 2011

By TaryJer

Everyone there was very friendly there and welcoming,very warm,they were very helpful,i enjoyed the tour very much.they assisted me to my full expectations,i've also heard from other people that have obtained assisted living from that place and they all say good things so i decided to go on a tour there.

Photos of Merrill Gardens at Santa Maria

• Low Fat
  • Low Salt
  • Renal

About Merrill Gardens at Santa Maria

Conveniently located between San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara, Merrill Gardens at Santa Maria is a campus-style retirement community that provides a wide spectrum of care. Enjoy being near golf courses, wineries, the Veteran’s Administration Building and Marian Regional Medical Center.

Residents enjoy celebrating birthdays, anniversaries and holidays together, as well as being involved in local volunteer projects. They enjoy use of the community’s private dining room for special occasions. Santa Maria offers scenic coastal state and county parks for picnicking, strolling and more. The nearby Luis Oasis Senior Center offers classes, hiking trips, volunteering, a travel club and more.

Map of Merrill Gardens at Santa Maria