Oakmont of Santa Clarita

28650 Newhall Ranch Road, Santa Clarita, CA, 91355

Reviews of Oakmont of Santa Clarita

LindaSL July 05, 2016

My mother has lived at Oakmont since February, just a few weeks after it opened. We love this facility. Physically, it resembles a lovely hotel. The beautiful decor, the flowering gardens, and the amenities offered make for a cheery, positive atmosphere. The staff at Oakmont is wonderful. They are friendly, upbeat, capable, and professional, They genuinely care about the residents and go above and beyond to accommodate and help. We have had nothing but positive experiences with the administrative staff, the secretaries, the care givers, the dining staff, and the maintenance crew.
Oakmont offers daily activities, on and off site, and they try to accommodate all different interests and physical abilities. My mother, who still drives, rarely does anymore, because everything she needs and wants is right there at Oakmont. She is happy. That makes me happy. I would strongly recommend Oakmont.

Sandy060235 June 17, 2016

The facility is beautiful. The rooms are very spacious and the food is the best in town (better than the local restaurants). They focus on the assisted living residents – with many activities and excursions. I would highly recommend it.

Amy667486 June 17, 2016

Oakmont is brand new and absolutely gorgeous. They planted trees, but they were not grown yet. We had lunch, and I was not impressed with it, but we talked to the chef who was from South Africa. They have studios, to places almost like homes. Margie was delightful, very sweet, and was able to show us several rooms. They had an exercise room, a massage therapist, visiting doctors, and an office. They had a brunch on the first Sunday of the month.

Gloria401081 May 29, 2016

Oakmont of Santa Clara was spectacular, but I think it’s a little bit too big for Mom. If I am old enough, I'd move in. They had a lot of activities, like tai chi in wheelchairs. They also had entertainers on Sunday. They allow pets, which is a big thing for elderly people. It’s a new facility, so it’s beautiful. They do daytrips to the city, which is really good. The menu that I saw looked fabulous and had something for everybody.

JenniferXKYGY May 11, 2016

Oakmont provides a high level of care and service to my grandfather. All of the staff is very well trained and seem to enjoy their jobs. The food is great, they are always going on outings and have a lot for the residents.

Mish1 May 11, 2016

Oakmont of Santa Clarita just opened up in January of this year. They need to have more staff in the Traditions wing where my husband is residing in. They know how dissatisfied I am and the problem is, for whatever reason, they refuse to communicate with me. They don’t let me know about doctors’ appointments in advance. My husband is seen by doctors and I’m not present. I have 24-hour care for him on top of their staff that is limited in their abilities to respond and I am not happy with the care. The food quality is fine but they deliver stuff with no sauce like they serve spaghetti with meatballs with no marinara sauce.

They put on a nice show for new people coming in for a tour of the facility. They advised me when I signed up for this place, when the building was under construction, that there would be 20 residents in Traditions. I have since found out they’re opening 5 more rooms and there will be 36 versus 20. That’s a huge difference and there isn’t any additional staff. There have been several people who have been parked there by their family members and they have no clue about what’s happening to their people because they don’t come to see them at the facility. They come to take them out and they have no clue what’s going on or what’s not going on.

We are sorry to hear you are unhappy with your husband’s care. I am more than happy to meet with you anytime to address the concerns you mentioned in your review. Please know my door is always open to you, and that you are welcome to call or stop by my office anytime. Warm Regards, Margie Veis, Executive Director

Larry S.RRARB May 11, 2016

I thought Oakmont of Santa Clarita was a terrific and lovely facility but very expensive beyond my price range. The staff was wonderful. The food was terrific. I loved the place.

A Fellow Reviewer122099650 March 31, 2016

The Oakmont (Oakmont of Santa Clarita) is obviously the top of the line if you can afford it. We visited for my mother. The rooms are very nice. Everything is brand new and very luxurious. They have beautiful dining areas and a lot of activities planned in a beautiful, huge activity room. There was a beautiful theater with big comfortable chairs and gorgeous grounds. The staff members were very accommodating, very nice, and gracious.

From Oakmont of Santa Clarita

Oakmont of Santa Clarita is located on Newhall Ranch Road between the 5 freeway and Copperhill. At Oakmont of Santa Clarita residents enjoy lush gardens, beautiful courtyards and sweeping panoramic views of the Santa Clarita Valley set among lovely residential areas – a close distance to shopping, restaurants and medical centers. Oakmont of Santa Clarita’s resort style amenities include concierge services, salon and day spa, world-class dining and weekly maid service. Oakmont of Santa Clarita is a place to enjoy retirement in style: a place to enjoy great residents, impeccable service and unending possibilities.

You finally get to relax and enjoy spending time doing the things you love, with the people you love! At Oakmont of Santa Clarita, our residents have access to a multitude of activities and exciting adventure. Our community has a fitness center, massage spa, beauty salon, movie theatre, walking paths, outdoor pet park and lush resident flower and vegetable gardens. Residents can enjoy day trips to shopping centers, restaurants and art galleries. Make your retirement the best years of your life at Oakmont of Santa Clarita. Welcome home!

Our restaurant will be open daily from 7:30am to 7:00pm, allowing our residents to enjoy their meals at their leisure in our indoor outdoor dining room, where they are surrounded with relaxing sounds of the waterfall and sweeping panoramic views Magic Mountain and the Santa Clarita Valley. A variety of menu options, such as low-sodium, heart healthy, low-sugar or gluten free can be accommodated for our residents with special dietary needs. Apartment homes feature high ceilings with crown molding, large open kitchens with granite countertops, spacious living rooms and bedrooms. For diabetic residents, the community offers a Diabetes Wellness Program that monitors and manages glucose levels, meals, exercise and activities. Oakmont of Santa Clarita also offers a fully equipped wellness center and Concierge Medicine Program allowing outside physicians to visit participating residents onsite.

Features of Oakmont of Santa Clarita

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Golf
  • Hiking trails
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $3,495/month

• Minimum age: 60 (Younger ages per Executive Director discretion).

• We help families understand VA benefits